Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(31412)

• macaraeg_mj
  • aijayann
  • berna
  • icebreaker1928
  • mgreyt
  • naveed123
  • yabz
  • brissycouple
  • bytubytu
  • accez2007
  • uglybetty
  • bachelle
  • boracay4
  • sledgehammer
  • FUMatthews8
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (14)

ajet02alex_jan24Anino78aron_drndatch29jsjabaankeynkeyleadmemdnellemikasanutribunpoiuy098ricabananasicntyrd

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Do you wish to engage a migration agent but it's just to costly? Visa Consort understands your situation and came up with a special year end offer exclusive to all Pinoy AU members! Check our here for more info

Bridging Visa and Work Rights

myoshkemyoshke Imus CityTotal Reaction Points: 1Member
Hi, does anyone here have granted a bridging VISA (relating to the application of PV 820) that does not allow you to work? What are the circumstances that the bridging will not allow you to work or has restrictions in working? And, was it difficult to find a work if you are under a bridging visa?
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• CasseyCassey Melbourne, AustraliaTotal Reaction Points: 302Member, Moderator
    @myoshke What Bridging Visa did you get? Because there’s BVA to BVE. And each Bridging Visas vary.
    June 16, 2013 Arrival in Melbourne (AGED CARE)
    Nov 12, 2014 Changed Visa Subclass (572->573) and Course
    Nov 13, 2014 573 Visa Approved
    Mar 2015 Nursing Conversion Course (Deakin Uni) started
    April 13, 2016 Lodged EOI thru Skill Select
    April 27, 2016 Received invitation to apply for Visa 189 (Nurse)
    May 2, 2016 Lodged application for 189 Visa (Onshore)
    May 11, 2016 CO contacted for Form 80/Medicals of daughter
    June 17, 2016 189 VISA GRANTED Thank you my amazing God :)

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • myoshkemyoshke Imus CityTotal Reaction Points: 1Member
    hi @Cassey, Thank you for your response :) I havent lodge the application yet, but I am to lodge the application first week of Feb as we are are still gathering the requirements. I'm just afraid that I'm not allowed to work while under the BV.
    @myoshke No worries, The Bridging Visa that they will issue will depend on your circumstances (whether you have a substantive visa or not) and the visa that you are holding upon your application to PV 820.
    There are 5 types of Bridging Visas and each type have their set of conditions. If you wanna read on it here is the link: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi/Bridging-visas

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."
  • moogz02moogz02 QCTotal Reaction Points: 1Member
    Hi @Cassey Iverify ko lang po kung tama pagkakaintindi ko sa BV. If 189, 190 or 489 automatic may bridging visa ka na in case nalodge mo na visa mo? And with workrights since kasama sila sa mga selected visa in case mag expire yung current visa ko which is student visa sa Australia? Thanks po.
    @moogz02 Hi, yes may kasama siyang Bridging visa. It will depend though kung ano yung current na visa na hawak mo by the time of your lodging and at the same time your circumstances. Just make sure that you will lodge prior to the expiration of your visa to avoid staying here unlawfully and so that you’ll get BVA which has full work rights. Bridging visa will only take effect once your current visa ceases.

@Cassey Uhmm.. Paano po kung visitors visa lang, wala po syang work rights. Magkakaroon padin po kaya ng work rights yun? Salamat po.
  • cuccicucci NSWTotal Reaction Points: 35Member
    @moogz02 If you are already in Australia and apply for a substantive visa, a bridging visa is granted to avoid making you a UNC (unlawful non-citizen). So if you hold a student visa, visitor visa and has received invitation for say 189 or 190 or for 482 visa you are granted a BV which will take effect when your previous visa has expired and the application for another substantive visa has not been finalized yet.
    Ordinarily a BV does not confer working rights, save perhaps when you're on a student visa which has prior working rights but if on a visitor visa, thus without work rights, your BV may not have work rights automatically. You can, however, request for a limited work rights to be granted if you are or will face hardship during the waiting period for the substantive visa being applied for to be finalized.
    I was on visitor visa when I entered and was granted BVA without work rights when I applied for a substantive visa. So after about a month I communicated to immigration that I may not be able to sustain myself without work for the next month and thus requesting for work rights. I was advised to provide immigration with my budget, receipts of expenditures for the past month and my bank account(s) balances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Jul 2016 - IELTS
    Jan 2017 - Applied to AHPRA
    April 2017 - received Letter of Referral
    Sept 2017 - finished BP
    Nov 2017 - AHPRA Registration
    Dec 2017 - Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    Jan 2018 - 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    So the decision with regard to the request of working rights will still depend on the documents you provided? Am I right ma'am @cucci ? And did they grant you that work right after the submission?
    AFAIK, yes. They will verify the merits of your request for work rights depending on the documents you provide. If I remember correctly the term they used was something like financial distress.
    I was not granted work rights on the BVA anymore because a few days later my substantive visa was granted.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Jul 2016 - IELTS
    Sept 2017 - finished BP
    Jan 2018 - 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    @moogz02 Just be careful because having a Visitor Visa doesn’t always guarantee that you can apply onshore. If there is a “no further stay clause” then you have to go back to Ph and apply overseas.

• batmanbatman Gotham City (soon NT)Total Reaction Points: 371Member, Moderator
    @cucci @Cassey may BV din ba pag nag apply the student visa onshore ang current visa nya is subclass 600. walang no further stay clause.
    221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission. (for inquiries e mail: [email protected])
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    @batman Oo, may BV. Ang pinakamataas na BV is BVA, pinakamababa is BVE. Usually, nakecarry over yung conditions from the previous visa. Tsaka lang siya magtetake into effect once na nagcease na yung prior visa.

• batmanbatman Gotham City (soon NT)Total Reaction Points: 371Member, Moderator
    @Cassey thanks.
    221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission. (for inquiries e mail: [email protected])
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    @Cassey @cucci Thank you po.
  • sia_27sia_27 philippinesTotal Reaction Points: 4Member
    edited September 5 Posts: 38
    @Cassey @cucci magtatanong lang po about 820. Let say magrant ng TV multiple entry without 8503 condition, possible na po ba magapply ng 820 during the 2nd month of the first entry? Then the BVA will take effect after mag end TV validity? So meaning po kung lalabas kami ng pinas after lodging, under TV pa rin ang visa namin?

If sept 2019 po expiration ng TV multiple entry
    First entry: sept 22 2018
    Return ticket: Dec 14,2018
    Is it possible/safe to lodge 820 application on Nov 30, 2018?
    @sia_27 Sorry I am not well versed on the nuances of the 820 Temporary Partner visa and its relation to the BV and visitor visa. May condition kasi na dapat nasa Australia kag pag lodge ng application at sa time na may decision ang application.
    You must be in Australia when you lodge your application and when a decision is made on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).
    Sa pagkakaintindi ko, kahit na nung pagkadating mo pwede ka nang mag-lodge ng application. Ang medyo tricky ay yung dapat nasa Australia ka "when a decision is made". Since matagal ang processing times (19-24 months), expired na yung TV mo by that time. So kailangan na bago mag-expire ang TV mo ay makabalik ka sa Australia para magamit ang BV.
    Am sure others can share their experience and/or thoughts on the matter... or better yet consult an agent.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Jul 2016 - IELTS
    Sept 2017 - finished BP
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • sia_27sia_27 philippinesTotal Reaction Points: 4Member
    Thanks po @cucci sa insights! :) God bless po! :)
    edited September 5 Posts: 2,512
    @sia_27 I think it’s possible to apply for a partner visa, though makakakuha ka ng BVA, it will have the same terms as your previous visa which is TV so meaning hindi ka makakapagwork. BVA doesn’t have travel rights but you can apply for BVB if you need to travel.. Yes, BV will start to take in effect once your TV ceases so I think pwede kang umuwi and return on Dec before your current TV expires. Maybe try to ask an agent to confirm or call immi medyo technical kasi ang BVs and I don’t want to give you a wrong advice.

• dennis_tandennis_tan ShellharbourTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    Hi everyone,

I have applied the Subclass 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa. My substantive visa is Tourist visa. When I submitted my application I was given a Bridging visa A with no working rights.

I would like to ask for an advice on how to change the condition and have working rights on my BVA. they stated on the home affairs website they may only change if I provide proof of hardship.

I plan to submit an appeal will use financial and professional hardships as my reason.
    Has anyone tried and was successful? I would like to know what documents you used to prove these claim.

My situation is my wife is working as casual RN and works40hrs per week. She might land a permanent full time position this month and I plan to submit my appeal this January 2019.
    I have been in australia since Aug 30,2018, went out of the country Nov for 2 weeks and then back here again. So Ive been out of work of 3 months now. Since my wife works casual and has good hours, the money in our bank has been okay so far. The reason why stating this is because I fear that they might not think i'm having a hard time financially?

I hope you guys can share a thing or two in this matter. Thank you po.
  • boogie789boogie789 PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 8Member
    Hi po! May nagtry na po ba sa inyo mag-apply from student visa to an onshore partner visa 820? Kamusta po? TIA