Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Need advice on which Visa to apply for

Hi guys,

Me and my wife spent our holidays in Oz and we really loved the place. Naexperience namin yung difference ng quality of life dito sa Pinas and sa Oz and we are hoping na makapagmigrate din dun if possible.

Below are some information about us:
Occupation
Me: Internal Auditor (solid 5 years but with potential to be assessed as 8 years)
Wife: Accountant (7 years)

Age: we will still be in the 25-32 years bracket for the next 3 years

We are both CPAs and my brother is a PR living in Perth.

Questions are:
1.) What will be our best visa option, 189 or 489(relative sponsored)?
2.) Is it really necessary to engage an agent or can we do the application process on our own?
3.) Any other advice? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator
    Moving to Australia will be one of the best life decisions you'll ever make. I'm a living proof - got my PR at age 26, applied for citizenship and granted at age 30. Since then enjoyed travelling to many countries without the hassle of applying for a visa and have lived to 2 other countries. In short, it will definitely open up a lot of opportunities for you.

With regards to which visa to apply, best is to assess this once you've got the skills assessment outcome and English test result. A lot of things can happen by the time you're ready to lodge your EOI, i.e. Change of rules, states closing/opening lists for sponsorship.

Engaging an agent is a personal choice. Speaking both as someone who has done the Australian journey at the same time being an agent myself. It can be done naman on your own but it requires a lot of research and making sure you've got the most updated policy. During my time, I did my student visa myself as it was very straight forward but when it was skilled visa application na, I attempted to do things my own but I found the more info I get the more confusing it was so I ended up using an agent for my peace of mind na rin as I didn't want to mess things up with my application.

Good luck!