Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

HELP! - Accountant but not a CPA and below 85% average

mastersifumastersifu PhilippinesPosts: 3Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and would really appreciate help from you guys. I am an Manager here in the Phils. For almost 18 years, but I am not a CPA. The university I went to was under section B thus the need for me to get atleast 85% average in college. Mine was 2.47 or 84% :(

My husband has a PHD units and has almost 18 years experience as college professors. He also a licensed secondary teacher. But unfortunately, his occupation is not in the list.

Is there still a way for us to get a PR visa?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    it doesnt matter whether you're CPA or not, what important is you satisfy the requirements of the assessing body and deemed skilled in your nominated occupation. Each occupation has its quota and Accountant is pretty competitive and the volume of applicants is very high. This will make it harder for you to be invited. The higher your score, the higher your chances to get invited. Migrating entails risk and guts. You never know your chances if you dont try.
  • mastersifumastersifu Philippines
    Thanks for your quick response. I consulted Respal in Makati about our case and they said that they only handle skilled migration. And if I will not meet the requirements they may not be able to be of help to me.

Do you suggest I go straight to the assessing body for general accountants?

Thank you!
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Thanks for your quick response. I consulted Respal in Makati about our case and they said that they only handle skilled migration. And if I will not meet the requirements they may not be able to be of help to me.

Do you suggest I go straight to the assessing body for general accountants?

Thank you!

You can do it yourself, to save money by not paying any agency. You can initially compute your score. All information you needed can be found at www.homeaffairs.gov.au. If you are confident you meet the minimum score of 60, you can start by doing your skills assessment.
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    You need to have a qualification assessed as equivalent to an Australian degree. From the info you provided, unfortunately it's looking most likely to be an unsuccessful skills assessment outcome and Respal's advice is correct, any agent wouldn't be able to assist further. It won't make any difference even if you go straight to the assessing body.
  • mastersifumastersifu Philippines
    That's really sad :(

Would a study in Australian accounting school online merit me an Australian degree? What do you think?

Thank you!
  • agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    @mastersifu hi, to remove your doubt have you tried to do a membership assessment by the assessing body? from there kasi they will provide you results if your degree is comparable to Australian degree, if not they will ask you to do pathway programs. Try reading this then inquire to the respective bodies so you can have option other than doing degree courses.

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!

@mastersifu that can be a pathway but it's highly possible that by the time you finish your course, the list might have changed by then. It's expensive to live and study in Australia. I've done this myself.
    @mastersifu forgot to add, perhaps you might want to just take up a postgraduate course in the Philippines instead. Either way, it will be a long shot anyway but less risky and expensive if you do your studies locally. Good luck