Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(27927)

• DelbertHop
  • dieselpepi
  • papajay07
  • rexy29
  • Felipa8345
  • PoncoWhitm
  • Drew84
  • sweetheart
  • IsraelBidm
  • jaceejoef
  • HunterO86
  • carizzadg
  • JudiShuste
  • ShariW7948
  • Lisse
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (21)

Ann417arthyMTbob.tencailynragsdepotCroweAltiuscucciemil1125eujinHeprexHunter_08inthenowJulzjumping_roo629kh@L3Llayao2002lhaniepcasingrai102302rj09samjar22shobskie

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Check out the new 2017-2018 Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL) and Short‑term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) - formerly known as SOL and CSOL here

Migration Agency or Apply on your own

toAustraliaandbeyondtoAustraliaandbeyond PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
Hi!

I'm an accountant planning to migrate to land down under. Pero nalilito ako kung mag migration agency ba kami ni hubby or ako nalang magprocess sarili ko. Dati nakapagprocess n nmn ako ng visa to Australia pero hindi pang skilled migration kundi business trip and okay naman. Twice na ako nakapunta and twice n din na ako nagasikaso nun. Pero for sure mas complicated and skilled migration. What you think ang mas better? Appreciate your feedback guys and gals. Also if may mga tip kau you may share it with us. Salamat
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• immicoconsultancyimmicoconsultancy SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    Hi! I am a Registered migration agent but I came to Australia and processed my papers on my own until I got my Citizenship. To be honest, both have pros and cons. If you decide to do it yourself, it will be cheaper but it will cost more stress for you without being sure if what you're doing is heading to the right path. On the other hand, using a migration agent will cost a bit of money, but they can guide you throughout your application, we studied a postgrad degree in immigration law and we were trained to look at the same legislations that the immigration officers are using to decide on every application. Good luck on your application!
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Total Reaction Points: 47Member
    I've posted about this before. I'm actually a product of both. When I went as a student visa, I did it myself but when I had to apply for PR, I attempted to do it myself and gave up on it due to the complexity of things. Initially I was apprehensive of using an agent due to the typical stereotype that they are a rip off. My view about them changed when I found a very reasonable agent - only charged $1,000. This was over 10 years ago...fast forward, I found myself in this profession and from the time I started my studies in immigration law, I promised myself I won't be one of those pricey ones especially for Filipinos as I know how it's like. I just had an expo over the weekend here in London as I'm based over here. most of my clients are Brits but of course, I do get Filipinos enquiring about Australia.

Anyway, engaging one is like hiring a tax agent. You can do it without. It's a personal choice but often times I've had clients who would come to me because they've messed things up and they ended up with more expenses and time wasted. If you are to do it yourself, be prepared to really do a thorough research. Especially these days when policies are much more fickle than before. However, if you are to engage someone make sure to check that they are registered. Ask for the MARN. The first 2 digits of their registration is an indication of when they first got registered. For example, mine starts with 11 which means 2011. So the older the year, the more experienced the agent is. Check out this link I posted about tips on choosing an agent http://pinoyau.info/discussion/10256/helpful-tips-on-choosing-an-agent#latest
    Good luck!
  • HeyThereMaddieHeyThereMaddie PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    Hi! Can I get a migration agent kahit I did everything on my own from start until ITA? I have medical issues lang kasi, and I need an agent to guide me lang with these.

Can anyone suggest an agent na specialized sa ganitong cases? Thanks so much!