Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Can you work while studying in Australia?

bonvivebonvive ManilaPosts: 12Member
Hi, is it possible to support myself and my tuition if I study and work in Australia?

I am very smart and I wanna study a Business course as a masters degree. Already got my BA degree from UP. However, my parents are of lower middle class and wont be able to fully support the financial aspect of the tuition in Australia.

Just wondering if anyone (who is a non citizen), was able to support themselves as a student in AU without the help of their parents money?

Comments

• dee0829dee0829 Melby
    yes! it is possible. basta lang, you have to follow 20hrs per week on the books, and find cash on hand na work after. go for cheaper shared house din. tiyaga lang and be thrifty. all the best. :D
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    As a student, you can only work 20hrs a week( you can work fulltime-38 hours a week during school break). You do the math, say you earn $25 an hour(estimate) less your rent and other cost of living ( food, fare, etc). Tuition is expensive (more than $10000 per sem if I am not mistaken). You should have at least enough money on hand to pay for your initial tuition cost of living expenses. You will be asked to show proof of financial capacity anyway when you apply for a student visa. If you are saying you are just relying on what you earn here to pay for your initial expenses, i guess it would be a rough start. Remember, you might not get a job right away.
  • kymmekymme Western Australia
    you need finances for:
    tuition - depende sa aralin mo, the duration of the course. make sure it’s a pathway for PR, meaning nasa skills list kasi it would be usless if wla sa list
    show money - at least 800k. the longer the duration sa course, the more show money needed
    baon - i always encourage na mag baon ng good for 3 months na pera kasi its not easy to find a job. depende din sa sipag, tyaga and dasal. dapat di choosy ng work. u never know kelan mkhanap ng work. ogkdating mo dito, bayad agad ng rent, food, transpo etc. (having a relative than can offer free stay for a couple of weeks really help)

all the best

Registered Nurse Nec

06/15 - touchdown Oz
    07/15 - start of classes (Bachelor in Nursing)
    05/16 - passed OET (after 4 failed attempts with IELTS and PTE)
    07/16 - finished uni
    07/16 - received AHPRA Australian Registered Nurse rego
    08/16 - student visa 500 (Diploma)
    10/16 - started working as an RN

07/09/17 - Submitted EOI for State Nom Vic with 60points

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me