Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Australian Citizenship Question - Penal Clearance Certificates requirements

vhoythoyvhoythoy MelbournePosts: 1,550Member, Moderator
edited May 2018 in Other Migration Topic
I created this post, just in case meron similar experience.

We are planning to submit Australian Citizenship application around 30 July 2018.

Our timeline is:
Visa grant - 7 Feb 2014
Initial entry date to Australia 27 July 2014 (this should be the start of the count)
Permanent move to Australia 10 May 2015 (9-10 months lapsed from initial entry)
Other travel outside Australia of 3 weeks
Plan to apply for citizenship 30 July 2018 (end of 4 yrs period requirement)

Sa citizenship calculator, It showed na ok ung application ko, means I meet the requirements.

My concern is the "Penal Clearance Certificates" requirements. Eto ung nasa form 1300t
PCC is required if:
1) you lived or travelled outside Australia since the age of 18 years of over; AND
2) you held a permanent visa at the time; AND
3) the total time spent outside Australia added up to 12 months or more; AND
4) the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days; OR
5) requested by the Department

You will need to provide original overseas penal clearance certificates from each country where you spent more than 90 days.

I have already idea on the answer but would like to get others opinion (since ung #5 as requested by Department is out of our control).

The two conditions of more than 12 months stay outside Australia AND time spent of 90 days (I supposed cumulative) should be met, para I require ka magsubmit ng PCC. I didn't exceeded the 12 months period outside Australia, hence hindi applicable sa akin ung 90 days requirements (on my 10 months stay to Singapore before migrating, and my wife stay in Philippines as well). Given na mahirap kumuha ng PCC to Singapore kapag based kana dito sa Australia, well even NBI sa pinas.

I also assume na ung condition in #2, "you held a permanent visa at the time" started only during our Initial Entry in July 2014, and not the actual date of Visa grant "Feb 2014". Nakakalito din kasi minsan ung sagot sa ibang forums: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1334890-pcc-question-citizenship.html

Am I right on my assumptions?

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
May 2015 - Big Move
June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams