Pinoy Australia Information Forum
pte voucher

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(30799)

• lehrasol
  • TFXLashawn
  • louwings
  • monkeymonk
  • manettreal_pinoyau
  • HesterAdam
  • theabong
  • Kelvin12G
  • LaurieDitt
  • ranieryricoo
  • sharon
  • ced
  • SherleneHa
  • JolieBlack
  • CatherineR
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (18)

Bjanecharm15datch29HMC72itofvwmtzijsjabaankimpoyLawbadguylloyd132004markoy02mcril22najieoftotskihfOzyCebuanoray1188shielalablestofuradwnchitman

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Thank you to all who have signed up on our FREE Webinar. Please mark you calendar and be there on 18th Oct 2018 9pm (Manila Time) . You will receive the Webinar link on your email, please don't forget to check your spam folder.

Post graduate - student visa

anzoneanzone Total Reaction Points: 0Member
in Student Visa Posts: 11
My wife just received conditional offer letter from RMIT (post grad). If in case magrant siya ng student Visa and as a husband i am entitled to work full time.

1. Yung work ko as IT will serve as my Professional experience kahit dependent lang ako?

2. After 2 years ma expire na ang student visa ng wife ko and she plan to extend to gain professional work experience or take visa 485. Does it mean pwedi pa rin kami isama here sa Australia?

3. Saan ba ang mura na primary school for kids malapit sa RMIT? Or sa RMIT may discount for kids for parents studying sa same school.

4. Pwedi ba akong mag lodge ng 190 (as dependent of student visa) and wait here sa australia until magrant.

Please help. Sorry po if maraming tanong.
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper BasinTotal Reaction Points: 111Member
    anzone said:

My wife just received conditional offer letter from RMIT (post grad). If in case magrant siya ng student Visa and as a husband i am entitled to work full time.

1. Yung work ko as IT will serve as my Professional experience kahit dependent lang ako?
    WHAT'S THE CONNECTION OF YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE TO BEING A DEPENDENT?

2. After 2 years ma expire na ang student visa ng wife ko and she plan to extend to gain professional work experience or take visa 485. Does it mean pwedi pa rin kami isama here sa Australia?

AS LONG AS YOURE STILL TOGETHER :-), SHE CAN INCLUDE ALL HER DEPENDENTS IN ANY VISA SHE WISHES TO APPLY.

3. Saan ba ang mura na primary school for kids malapit sa RMIT? Or sa RMIT may discount for kids for parents studying sa same school.
    NO IDEA, YOU CAN RESEARCH THRU GOOGLE MAP

4. Pwedi ba akong mag lodge ng 190 (as dependent of student visa) and wait here sa australia until magrant.
    EITHER OF YOU CAN APPLY 189/190 VISA WHILE ON STUDENT VISA. IT CAN BE GRANTED WHILE YOURE ONSHORE.

Please help. Sorry po if maraming tanong.

reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • anzoneanzone Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    edited June 9 Posts: 11

@fgs correct me if im wrong, it will give me 5 points for visa 190.

Thank you!
  • fgsfgs Cooper BasinTotal Reaction Points: 111Member
    anzone said:

@fgs correct me if im wrong, it will give me 5 points for visa 190.

Thank you!

If thats the purpose, YES..but your nominated occupation should also be in the Skills Occupations List and you have a positive skills assessment. It will give your wife 5 points for both 189 and 190 visas.
  • atheleneathelene SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 63Member
    @anzone Master by Research po ba ang kukunin ng wife mo? If Master by Coursework, you'll have to double-check your visa conditions (dependent) if you are entitled to work full-time or part-time.

2. Yes, you can apply to be dependents on the 485 visa. Assuming you can't secure an Employer-sponsored or PR visa once your wife graduates, the 485 visa might be your best option to extend your stay in Australia (to gain work exp).

3. As far as I know, RMIT only caters to tertiary-level education, so I doubt you can enroll your primary schooler kid there. You will have to do your due diligence on looking for primary schools in the vicinity of RMIT or your house. You can start looking at the Live In Melbourne website.