Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

BS in Accountancy in Cebu Institute of Technology

Hello po. Meron po bang taga CIT dito? Plan ng wife ko mag.pa.access sa CPAA at i think kailangan namin ng syllabus as part ng requirements. Tanong ko lang po kung may successful ba naka-kuha nito? at nakakuha din ng positive assessment from CPA?. Thanks po.

Comments

• hopefullyozhopefullyoz ph
    edited September 2018
    Hi! I’m not from CIT (Carolinian ko :-) ), but yes, the syllabus is required for CPAA assessment. Let me share my experience, basin ug makatabang...

When I got my syllabus (major subjects only) from USC, it was more than 200 pages long! So you can imagine how big of a pdf file it would create. Also, it had to be color-scanned, so that adds to the size of the pdf. My syllabus, in its initial form, was 50mb big!

Here comes the tricky part: When submitting documents to CPAA, you're limited to attach a maximum of 40mb to the email. But when you have gmail or yahoo email address, the maximum attachment is only 25mb.

So you'd have to find a scanner that allows you to scan multiple documents (say, 200 pages), and will create a pdf file that's only 8mb. I was lucky to have that kind of printer in the office.

In my case, I was able to submit my requirements, including the syllabus, in one email, in late July. But I missed one document from my former employer, so I needed to send a follow-up email the following week. They accepted all of my documents, I think, and the following week, I got a positive feedback from CPAA!

Of course, you can also submit the documents via courier (not sure), or submit it personally to CPAA's office in Australia.

Ang syllabus, no choice jud, you have to get it from CIT-U.

Finally, there is a separate forum thread here, dedicated to Accountants (see link below). You might want to post your questions there, in case there is somebody from CIT-U who can help you better.

http://pinoyau.info/discussion/97/accountant/p234

Good luck! :-)

221111 - Accountant | Age: 30 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 15 pts | English: 20 pts | Single: 10 pts | Total: 90 pts

• OzyCebuanoOzyCebuano Singapore
    @hopefullyoz Thanks for the info =) Cg I will post there pud. Btw complete ung mandatory competency areas mo?

Mandatory
    Accounting Systems and Processes
    Financial Accounting and Reporting
    Management Accounting
    Finance and Financial Management
    Business Law
    Economics
    Quantitative Methods
  • hopefullyozhopefullyoz ph
    @OzyCebuano oo. Although the syllabi I gave are all for major Accounting, Finance and Law subjects only, CPAA did not get back and ask for the syllabi for the Economics subjects. Quantitative Methods should be a BA subject, but again, they did not ask for further information from me. Which is good! hahaha

221111 - Accountant | Age: 30 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 15 pts | English: 20 pts | Single: 10 pts | Total: 90 pts