Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Hi guys

JB26JB26 PhilippinesPosts: 109Member
May mga tanong lang po ako and I hope you can help me answering my concerns

1.I'm currently working as a nurse for almost 6 years now in the Phil and I'm planning to lodge my visa and apply for 189. Ng compute na din po ako ng scores ko and makaka claim ako ng 80 points pero magtatake plang ako ng PTE. Nacoconfuse lng ako sa pag aassess sa ANMAC. Kailangan ba muna ng BP bago ko maclaim yung points? Kahit ang priority mo dun ay ang PR?

2.I'm planning to migrate with my girlfriend who's also a nurse so we can also claim for another points(partners points) as well. Paano yung process sa kanya?

3.Meron syang relative sa Queensland, would it be possible kung doon kmi magmimigrate?

Comments

• diazepamiediazepamie philippines
    Hi! U need to get AU nursing registration first.
    Process would be: get AURN (thru bridging or uni) -> get positive skills assessment from ANMAC -> lodge EOI -> get invite for 189 -> apply the visa :)

2. U can bring her as a de facto (not sure about the reqts for this) but she needs to get her AURN & positive skills ax to clAim for partners point

3. If u ever get 189 visa, u can live wherever in Au.

registered nurse nec (254499)

• dy3pdy3p Sydney, NSW
    Before visa lodging for 189 or anything. You have to first be registered with AHPRA which is like the PRC in the Philippines, skills and experience assessed by ANMAC, eoi submission then later on visa application. In short, AHPRA registration will be your very first step towards working and permanently living here in AU.

How do you gain AHPRA registration?
    This can be achieved after completing your bridging program. Before that however, you first need to take IELTS, PTE or OET and obtain the required score. This is one of the requirements by AHPRA. They will then send you an email having the attachment that you will need to submit or present to the school for the bridging program. After the BP, you again have to apply for registration this time including your bp completion certificate. They will then register your name and now are able to practice nursing in AU.

What is ANMAC?
    When your name appears on the AHPRA website, you can now have your skills assessed by ANMAC. They will require you to submit all your work experience and they will reply with your skills assessment. This is where you will base your points for PR application. Note that overclaiming points more than what ANMAC has given you will be grounds for rejection.

EOI?
    Once you receive your letter of determination from ANMAC, you can now file for EOI thru skillselect. Again, note that applying EOI before the skills assessment has been grounds for application rejection.

PR application...
    When you get your invitation from homeaffairs, pay the application fee and apply for the visa you think suits you.

08/11/15 - IELTS
    16/12/15 - AHPRA registration application
    14/01/16 - AHPRA refusal and referral to BP
    09-11/16 - Bridging program completion
    28/11/16 - AHPRA registration re-application
    03/12/16 - AHPRA registered
    04/12/16 - Job offered and accepted (457 Sponsorship)
    01/04/17 - Medicals for both 457 and future PR application
    07/04/17 - ANMAC assessment application
    15/04/17 - Filed for resignation from current employer
    21/04/17 - Nomination submitted by AU employer
    23/05/17 - Nomination granted
    31/05/17 - 457 application lodged
    16/06/17 - 457 Granted
    27/07/17 - EOI Submitted
    06/09/17 - ITA received
    10/09/17 - PR Skilled Independent 189 Application Lodged
    17/10/17 - CO Contact
    25/10/17 - Further Information Provided
    16/02/18 - Visa Grant Received

• JB26JB26 Philippines
    What site are you using for the pathway to become PR using 189 visa? Coz I'm a bit confused. I've read from one site that these are the steps.

Take pte - gather all the docs. needed to be assessed by ANMAC (mga kailangang docs to prove na may hospital experience ako) pag may positive results na gagawa na nag EOI - then submit- waiting for invitation kung papasok yung scores ko - tapos visa na po.

Ganito po kasi yung pagkakaintindi ko po e hehe.

Thank you for all the response I appreciate your effort guys.
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    Unfortunately, it’s not straightforward for nurses from the Philippines compared to those from the UK, Canada, US and the like. You need to do bridging Visa first at the very least then register for AHPRA before you deal with ANMAC nor even start applying for a Visa. Anmac would not even accept your application, they will direct you to meet registration requirements with AHPRA first. Good luck!
  • JB26JB26 Philippines
    Aw. What site are you using? So I can use it too. Thank you.
    @JB26 I’m a migration agent. I have my own resources not accessible online for individuals unfortunately. All the best!
  • dy3pdy3p Sydney, NSW
    edited October 2018
    @JB26 It's either you've gathered your information incorrectly or you just haven't done much research on the subject. There are thousands of webpages or "sites" as you want to call it related to this matter. There is not one single page that will tell you everything at one time. If you really want to start on something. I suggest you go to www.homeaffairs.gov.au and look for the type of visa you'd likely fall into. In this case, you were mentioning 189. Look into it and read through the steps. It will lead you to having your skills assessed thru ANMAC. However if you go to ANMAC, you will first need to be registered in AU and to be registered in AU, you have to go through AHPRA. So in short...

1. English exam
    2. Apply registration with AHPRA
    3. AHPRA denies your application because we don't meet their standards hence they refer you to an NMBA approved study which is your bridging program
    4. Complete bridging program from an NMBA approved school.
    5. Reapply registration with AHPRA
    6. Once registered, either you have your skills assessed by ANMAC (Permanent residency) or you can look for an employee to sponsor you(Work Visa - 482).
    7. Wait for your skills assessment from ANMAC. They will determine your points pertaining to your experience.
    8. When your skills assessment is back, file for EOI and wait to get invited
    9. Once invitation is received, apply for visa.

*As for claiming points from your partner, she will also first need to be assessed by ANMAC. Which means, she will also have to undergo the BP first.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/189-
    https://www.ahpra.gov.au/registration.aspx
    https://www.anmac.org.au/

08/11/15 - IELTS
    16/12/15 - AHPRA registration application
    14/01/16 - AHPRA refusal and referral to BP
    09-11/16 - Bridging program completion
    28/11/16 - AHPRA registration re-application
    03/12/16 - AHPRA registered
    04/12/16 - Job offered and accepted (457 Sponsorship)
    01/04/17 - Medicals for both 457 and future PR application
    07/04/17 - ANMAC assessment application
    15/04/17 - Filed for resignation from current employer
    21/04/17 - Nomination submitted by AU employer
    23/05/17 - Nomination granted
    31/05/17 - 457 application lodged
    16/06/17 - 457 Granted
    27/07/17 - EOI Submitted
    06/09/17 - ITA received
    10/09/17 - PR Skilled Independent 189 Application Lodged
    17/10/17 - CO Contact
    25/10/17 - Further Information Provided
    16/02/18 - Visa Grant Received

• CasseyCassey Melbourne, Australia
    edited October 2018
    @JB26 There are several websites that you have to read on. Check the above post. Just like what I said on pms, there is no direct way of applying for PR in Au as a Ph nurse. YOU HAVE TO STUDY FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY FOR PR. :) These people who are helping you out are Au RNs themselves who have went thru the same pathway. You are also being helped out by an agent. Hope you are convinced now. Cheers.

June 16, 2013 Arrival in Melbourne (AGED CARE)
    Nov 12, 2014 Changed Visa Subclass (572->573) and Course
    Nov 13, 2014 573 Visa Approved
    Mar 2015 Nursing Conversion Course (Deakin Uni) started
    April 13, 2016 Lodged EOI thru Skill Select
    April 27, 2016 Received invitation to apply for Visa 189 (Nurse)
    May 2, 2016 Lodged application for 189 Visa (Onshore)
    May 11, 2016 CO contacted for Form 80/Medicals of daughter
    June 17, 2016 189 VISA GRANTED Thank you my amazing God :)

Dec14, 2017 Citizenship application
    March 21, 2019 Citizenship Ceremony :)

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."

@Cassey @dy3p @JB26 exactly right! Best link to start with for individuals doing their own research would be the government website. Like I mentioned, for nurses educated in the Philippines, AHPRA is the first step. ANMAC will only consider applicants without AHPRA registration who are degree educated from countries like the U.K., Canada, USA, etc.
  • groovez10groovez10 Quezon City
    If balak mo mag apply gawin mo na po ngayong year.. balita ko kasi next year by midyear wala ng bridging program.. puro exams na papalit na sa tingin ko medyomas mahirap to
  • yuki_00yuki_00 Philippines
    read ka sa AHPRA website, if nakapagdecide ka ng mgbridging, English Exam is the first step. Mahaba ang proceso para sa PR if nurse ka at medyo matagal kasi daming waiting period. So start kana agad if nakapagdecide kna na gusto mo mgPR. . @JB26