Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Sub Skilled Visa - DEPENDENT

jemusujemusu PhilippinesPosts: 23Member
Hello All!

Is there anyone here tried to apply as "sub" (dont know if this is the right term) skilled visa since your spouse has already a skilled visa or PR? Is that possible? Need your advice. Thank you

Comments

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    @jemusu May thread for dependents of skilled visa holders sa Family Member Migration sub-forum. You're sure to find someone who can help there
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    jemusu said:

Hello All!

Is there anyone here tried to apply as "sub" (dont know if this is the right term) skilled visa since your spouse has already a skilled visa or PR? Is that possible? Need your advice. Thank you

If you werent included in your wife's PR visa or you were married/met after her PR visa grant, you can apply a spouse visa...thats the only pathway...visa 309 if you are offshore and 820 if onshore..spouse visa is a 2 stage visa, temp visa(with benefits na) for 2 years and will apply again for the 2nd stage(permanent visa) immediately after 2 years. If you were married long before her PR visa was granted and have children, they might give you the permanent visa on your first application( as with my friend)..its a 2 stage visa just to ensure that the relationship is genuine and lasting.
  • jemusujemusu Philippines
    Thanks for this information, fgs and maguero!

Sorry for the confusion. My spouse will apply PR visa right now since we're already married. I was talking about the working visa because she has her working visa as single and I don't know what should we do or if it is possible for me to apply as sub-working visa under her. Thanks again!
    @fgs in addition po pala, is it considered po ba na "onshore" if I will go to Australia and have my tourist Visa only then apply for working or spouse visa then PR after?
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    jemusu said:

@fgs in addition po pala, is it considered po ba na "onshore" if I will go to Australia and have my tourist Visa only then apply for working or spouse visa then PR after? <

Onshore, meaning you are in australia when you lodge your spouse visa while on a valid visa (ie Tourist visa). Why would you apply for working visa? If you have your wife here, apply for the spouse visa. If you are granted( i think even on bridging visa), you have full working rights and apply for permanent visa when eligible. You can apply for a working visa but you need an employer to sponsor you. But why? You can work anywhere you want on a spouse visa and the pathway to PR is definitely sure compared to a working visa...if you plan to come, do it now. There's a pending proposed changes to spouse visa which will make the process longer and you might need to go back to Ph if you are here on a nearly expiring tourist visa. On the current legislation, when you apply for spouse visa, your wife will be your sponsor and both your applications will be assessed in parallel. With the proposed changes( baka end of Dec), you wife will apply first to become sponsor and you can only apply for spouse visa when her application as sponsor is approved. If your tourist visa is about to expire at wala pa result ng sponsorship application, you have to exit australia and may apply offshore or you can come back again and apply onshore. The advantage of applying onshore is that, kasama mo na wife mo while waiting for the approval rather than waiting in the Philippines which will take up to 2 years wait. When you apply here, they will give you a bridging visa which will take effect upon expiry of your tourist visa that will make your stay here lawful while waiting for the result and good thing is you can now apply for medicare.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @jemusu Im confused..nandito ka ba on 482 visa? You cannot apply for spouse visa...ask your employer if they can help you apply them as dependent on your 482 visa. Only those with PR/Citizen partners can apply for spouse visa
    @fgs yes, for 482 visa not for PR visa yet. sorry for the confusion!
    @fgs wow! I didn't know all of these details. Thanks for this!! :) anyway, the reason why I said I wanted to apply for working visa (as her/his sub) because he/she only has TSS 482 visa not PR yet so yeah. we really didn't know what path to take. I'm planning to go to Australia as soon as possible, maybe this year or in January.

For clarification, my husband has his TSS 482 visa and since we are married I thought I can apply under his 482 visa. I'm not sure if this is the right path/way though.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    jemusu said:

@fgs wow! I didn't know all of these details. Thanks for this!! :) anyway, the reason why I said I wanted to apply for working visa (as her/his sub) because he/she only has TSS 482 visa not PR yet so yeah. we really didn't know what path to take. I'm planning to go to Australia as soon as possible, maybe this year or in January.

For clarification, my husband has his TSS 482 visa and since we are married I thought I can apply under his 482 visa. I'm not sure if this is the right path/way though.

If this is the case, your husband can apply for you a subsequent entrant 482 visa. One of the requirements is that, your husbands sponsoring employer should agree to this. You can check all othe details at www.homeaffars.gov.au...one option also is if your husband's employer is willing to sponsor him on a PR visa, he can also add you in the application. At this stage, the 1st option is the most relevant to you...if your husband is a PR/citizen and you were not included in the PR application, he can apply for a spouse visa for you and become his sponsor. Since he's currently on 482 visa, all he can do is apply a sebsequent entrant 482 visa for you which also gives you rights to work and live in Australia. Until his employer decided to apply for a PR visa for him, he can add you as a dependent and become PR also or he can also apply on his own 189/190( points tested) PR visa while on 482 visa if he meets all the requirements.
    @fgs oh, okay! but do you think it would be better if my wife would be in Australia already (Tourist Visa) when we apply for subsequent entrant 482 visa? Do you have any idea how much time it would take? I searched about the bridging Visa and it's somehow confusing. Is it better to apply bridging visa first or vice versa? Thanks!! I haven't done my clinical exam (Physio) that's why I'm not able to apply for PR visa yet.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    I think theres no problem if you appl subsequent entrant while she's here on tourist visa. A bridging visa is automatically issued if you apply for another substantive visa while in australia. Wag mo problemahin ang bridging visa, ibibigay na lany yan pag nag apply ka ng subsequent entrant na nas australia sya...BV is issued para lawful sya to stay in australia in case her tourist visa will expire while waiting for the 482 visa to be granted