Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(31886)

• maisassygir15
  • mtenchavez
  • eyay78
  • roxie_montejo
  • patheticbaka
  • anne27
  • erwinumaran
  • Rudolph27
  • rma
  • mr_garfield
  • optimum
  • naxia
  • darkcrux
  • pinkswank
  • JayKae
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (45)

akosiwongalexsiosonarchdreamchaserArchjess0309aron_drnbabypeach0606cal_80Casseycp101030cres_rodcyborg5Enzeru08fgsflexihopper18forgedfufudoodsGraffHeprexhersheythegreathmacaraniaghopeful_ZHunter_08ireneskyits.kcixaxajuvelinksKaye28kenroykriscandyLawbadguymaxihealth34melodia04mikeloieuymiranda82nblegendonin111rjlimrobertkingronpaulshielalablestinbravoturophiletv124wanderryyonid

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Happy 2019 sa lahat! New update lang... we are planning to revamp the site in the 1st - 2nd quarter of this year, time to change the very old look ng site. Salamat sa lahat ng support, especially sa mga loyal na bumabalik at moderator na walang sawang sumusuporta sa site.

Getting agent approval to lease/rent in Sydney

franchelle1001franchelle1001 SingaporeTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
Happy New Year everyone!
I just want to check on getting (100) points to lease or rent in Sydney, I have some questions:

1) If you are a couple renting a place, would they just evaluate 1 of you or both?
2) How long does the evaluation take?
3) Are we able to do it kahit wala pa sa Sydney? Online?

And trying my luck do you know any agents, kasi I've been sending out emails sa domain kaso wala nag rereply saken not sure if it's because of the holidays :)
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• fruitysfruitys BrisbaneTotal Reaction Points: 77Member
    Everyone's out for New Year.

The 100-point check is for verifying your identity and is not specific to renting. The PH equivalent is the "show 2 valid IDs" thing. If you're applying as a couple they'll need to check you both since your names will be on the lease.

As for the rental application, the end goal for most of landlords/agents is that you can pay the rent, period. They will look for things like a job, an ongoing business, Centrelink payments, or the last resort of having enough savings to last the entire lease.

You can try getting a place before you move if they see enough compelling proof of funds and ID (international students do it all the time), but I've never personally met one that's not a student who got a rental on day 1 without a job yet.

People usually stay in airbnb or a hotel (then moving to airbnb) for the first few months in AU before locking in a job and a place. It's easier to rent a place when you have a job and have all the necessary local IDs and bank statements that the agents can verify (it's an online process and takes only a few secs)
    SI 189 - Software Engineer - 261313 (80 pts)
    -- offshore --
    11-Oct-2017 - ACS (ICT major, 8+ years)
    18-Oct-2017 - PTE (90/90/90/90)
    19-Oct-2017 - EOI
    09-Nov-2017 - Invited
    06-Feb-2018 - Grant
    13-Feb-2018 - PDOS
    14-Mar-2018 - Opened AU bank acct
    02-Jun-2018 - Initial entry
    -- onshore --
    04-Jun-2018 - Applied TFN, Medicare, myGov
    25-Jun-2018 - Applied driver licence
    01-Jul-2018 - Tax time
    25-Jul-2018 - Job offer
    26-Jul-2018 - Opened super
    30-Jul-2018 - Start job # 1
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • franchelle1001franchelle1001 SingaporeTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    @fruitys Hi, thank you responding, it's much clearer now. We have booked a hotel for 10 days, so we might just extend if we don't get anything that quick. Luckily, I already have a job and as you mentioned, that'll be beneficial for us. Thanks again, and Happy New Year!