Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Getting agent approval to lease/rent in Sydney

franchelle1001franchelle1001 SingaporePosts: 31Member
Happy New Year everyone!
I just want to check on getting (100) points to lease or rent in Sydney, I have some questions:

1) If you are a couple renting a place, would they just evaluate 1 of you or both?
2) How long does the evaluation take?
3) Are we able to do it kahit wala pa sa Sydney? Online?

And trying my luck do you know any agents, kasi I've been sending out emails sa domain kaso wala nag rereply saken not sure if it's because of the holidays :)

Comments

• fruitysfruitys Brisbane
    Everyone's out for New Year.

The 100-point check is for verifying your identity and is not specific to renting. The PH equivalent is the "show 2 valid IDs" thing. If you're applying as a couple they'll need to check you both since your names will be on the lease.

As for the rental application, the end goal for most of landlords/agents is that you can pay the rent, period. They will look for things like a job, an ongoing business, Centrelink payments, or the last resort of having enough savings to last the entire lease.

You can try getting a place before you move if they see enough compelling proof of funds and ID (international students do it all the time), but I've never personally met one that's not a student who got a rental on day 1 without a job yet.

People usually stay in airbnb or a hotel (then moving to airbnb) for the first few months in AU before locking in a job and a place. It's easier to rent a place when you have a job and have all the necessary local IDs and bank statements that the agents can verify (it's an online process and takes only a few secs)

SI 189 - Software Engineer - 261313 (80 pts)

-- offshore --
    11-Oct-2017 - ACS (ICT major, 8+ years)
    18-Oct-2017 - PTE (90)
    19-Oct-2017 - EOI
    09-Nov-2017 - Invited
    06-Feb-2018 - Grant
    13-Feb-2018 - PDOS
    -- onshore --
    02-Jun-2018 - Initial entry
    04-Jun-2018 - TFN, Medicare, MyGov
    05-Jun-2018 - Start job hunting
    25-Jun-2018 - Driver licence
    26-Jul-2018 - Opened super
    30-Jul-2018 - Job 1 start - permie - $
    12-Feb-2021 - Job 1 end (redundancy)
    22-Feb-2021 - Job 2 start - contract - $$$

• franchelle1001franchelle1001 Singapore
    @fruitys Hi, thank you responding, it's much clearer now. We have booked a hotel for 10 days, so we might just extend if we don't get anything that quick. Luckily, I already have a job and as you mentioned, that'll be beneficial for us. Thanks again, and Happy New Year!