Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

getting married while on visitor visa?

vivilizviviliz San DiegoPosts: 1Member
I got several questions:

People have gotten married to their partners in Aussie while on visitor's visa. And then applied on-shore for a partner visa. A few of them are my partner's family friends. In your experience, is this advisable?

My other concern is that my visa is about to end (m; 3-month stay per visit) and I will apply for an extension BEFORE we get married. Ex: my flight will be June 10 and my visa says "Must not arrive after June 30"

What do you guys think:
- Is the best time to apply for an extension of visit visa?
- I've only gotten a one way ticket. Do you think it will cause problems upon entry?
- Do you think getting married fits in that timeframe? (3months 3 months stay)

Thanks so much. Any good and bad answers are appreciated.

Comments

• athina.uyathina.uy Sydney
    Hi,

I only have an idea regarding sa timeframe ng pagpapakasal dito. If civil marriage under sa Registry, you need to lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) for at least a month before kayo magpacivil ceremony. Pay na agad then the same day you ldoge your NOIM, pwede na agad kayo magset ng date for the civil ceremony. So in that case, mga 1-2 months should be enough basta wala na kayong hanash and all you want is to get the civil marriage.

If not naman, may option ka to do the de facto relationship register..ang alam ko anytime naman yun, punta ka ang sa Registry mismo with your partner. Hope makatulong kahit 2 months late na ang reply!
  • virus45virus45 Singapore

i hope nakasal na po kayo

• lowela_uglowela_ug Mountain

I got married in visitors visa as well. But after we get married and registered our marriage in Australia. I need to go back to Philippines because of my visa condition. And we are are saving money for Partner visa fee.
    Now we are planning to apply for visitors visa again. Bit confuse coz I didn't register our marriage in the Philippines.

Heart

• Butterfly8i8Butterfly8i8 PH
    edited September 2019
    Hi. Need advice. Ask ko lang about processing ng NOIM (notice of intended marriage), Pwede ko ba pirmahan yung Party 1 and then ipa-witness sa Australian Embassy Manila? Tapos, ipapadala ko nalang kay bf sa Australia tapos pirmahan nya yung Party 2 and sya na magsubmit muna sa celebrant?
  • lakai18lakai18 Posts: 8Member

@Butterfly8i8 said:

Hi. Need advice. Ask ko lang about processing ng NOIM (notice of intended marriage), Pwede ko ba pirmahan yung Party 1 and then ipa-witness sa Australian Embassy Manila? Tapos, ipapadala ko nalang kay bf sa Australia tapos pirmahan nya yung Party 2 and sya na magsubmit muna sa celebrant?

Same concern with Butterfly8i8, hope some could enlighten us on how to process NOIM.

• aanoveraanover Sydney

@lakai18 @Butterfly8i8 I am not sure with your celebrant, pero yung samin pinirmahan ni Hubby sa Pinas when I visited then scanned copy lang ng singed yun in-email sa celebrant namin. Di na namin pina witness but during the marriage ceremony, iningi yung original NOIM na sinubmit namin plus passport to check yung signature.

Butterfly8i8

Nominated Occupation: 261313 (Software Engineer)

20160327 - Nomination Lodged 186 ENS Direct Entry
    20160407 - Submitted ACS Skill Application
    20160414 - ACS Result
    20160416 - 186 ENS Visa Lodged
    20160429 - Medical - Bupa Visa Services Syd
    20160502 - AFP Check
    20160915 - Nomination Approved
    20161213 - Grant!!!!!!

• Butterfly8i8Butterfly8i8 PH

Thanks! Yes, when we were looking for celebrants, most of them naman pala accommodate situations that one party can not conveniently sign. So tinatanggap nila yung NOIM kahit one party lang muna naka-sign, and then to follow nalang yung sign ko pagdating ko sa Oz.