Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(32282)

• splint_x
  • mikeez.
  • JenC
  • rain_man
  • maymaymay
  • jonez
  • jannyp13
  • archikins
  • KDOKait
  • kendrickvon
  • Samuel
  • muffinjam
  • sassyshing
  • jc25
  • Mikofia
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (42)

agdagentKamsalfonso31aomanansalabeetle00Blakburn3130brix9999d_slayer22datch29donyxDreamerAepiboy99FarseerHappy_Karenhmacaraniagirl031816IsyutJHONIELjijollyJuanitaP76kaskaseroKaye28kimpoykriscandymarie2019maximogcmcbjosamhejmightysigsmykiemyknutribunOzyCebuanorainybrainyrjlimrrayRupertCanalessnmgilSon-of-Abrahamspeedmarksuperluckyclovervannsiayonid

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Hi to all Pinoy AU pips, we have a new up coming FREE Webinar for you. In partnership with Visa Consort, we bring you, "Skills Assessment - the make of break Webinar" online seminar. It will be on 14th March 2019 at 8-9pm Manila Time. Limited to 50 slots, so hurry up, more info here .
Happy 2019 sa lahat! New update lang... we are planning to revamp the site in the 1st - 2nd quarter of this year, time to change the very old look ng site. Salamat sa lahat ng support, especially sa mga loyal na bumabalik at moderator na walang sawang sumusuporta sa site.

Mechanical engineer

What's Hot
iieejemimaiieejemima PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
edited February 9 in Skilled - Independent Posts: 2
Good day!
Mag seseek lang po ako advice on what should we do, me and my husband planning to go to australia, kaso we dont know when and what to start., Pag study kasi we ask from consultancy for assestment and yong course na binibigay nila sa wife ko is business management which is outline sa grinaduate niya and walang pathway para makapag PR siya, staka usually sa mga education consultancy wala sila paki if what will happen after mo nandoon na basta imp. Sa kanila nakapag paenroll sila ng student papunta sa australia. If ever igragrab ko yong study and my Husband cN do the job me will do also a partime job is it possible na maoovercome namin expenses pagdating jan. Kasi usually we need expectation versus reality talaga. Possible kaya makakahanap si hobby k ng job related sa kaniya MECHANICAL ENGR. AND 6 Years experience siya sa construction and a MASTER plumber din siya both have PRC licensed. Since ako na wife niya is BS Electrical engineering graduate and 3 yrs. Experience in a construction which I will be the one who study.
We needed advices from the expertice or who is experiencing now as a student and meron dependent na kasama.

Thank you
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Total Reaction Points: 218Member, Administrator
    My realistic opinion based on both my experience using student visa as a pathway to PR more than 10 years ago as well as my professional knowledge now as a registered migration agent, firstly it’s not a guaranteed pathway. Even if you study a course which is on the occupation list, a lot can happen within 2 years. Legislations change constantly and there’s no assurance that policies stay the same by the time you finish your course. Not to mention the fees alone are expensive. With regards to work, you’ll only havevwork rights of maximum 20 hours a week. This is not enough to cover the living expenses let alone recover your educational expenses. Also, you need to keep an open mind with the fact that you won’t end up working in the field you want. If you think about it, employers would prefer to hire those who aren’t restricted with work hours. I ended up working in Citibank collections because they do shifts and uni students do those jobs. If it would have not been through my ex Aussie colleague when I worked in Citibank in Philippines, I would have not probably have gotten that job. Like I said, the pay I made there wasn’t enough to sustain me. I remember my parents were still sending me money dahil hindi kaya. At a professional perspective, I actually shy away when people enquire about student visas, I really don’t assist because apart from knowing it isn’t the best pathway to PR, student Visa is very straightforward, I processed it by myself at age 21 years old at that time - that’s how easy it was so I don’t want to take advantage of anyone by charging professional fees when I know they can process the visa by themselves. I’d rather direct them to the immigration website and just follow the steps.

I always advice people that if they meet the general skilled migration pathway requirements, they’re better off taking that route vs student or working visa.

Hope this helps. All the best!
    just.anotherguy iieejemima
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 2Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • magueromaguero PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 72Member
    @iieejemima Since pareho naman kayong engineers with work experience, why don't you try to apply directly for skilled migration. Magresearch ka na lang sa DHA website about visa 189, 190 and 489.
    iieejemima
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 1Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • iieejemimaiieejemima PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    Thank you guys. Such a big helped for us since we are planning to go. Thank you for your advices.
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • kimchiboikimchiboi SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 8Member
    Tama sabi nila, try 189, 190 and 489 visa...these are permanent resident visas na pwede apply-an ng mister mo. I applied for 189 visa in 2015 as Chemical Engineer and it is actually not difficult for as long as you got the required points. The bulk of the points will come from experience and education. Pero nung dumating ako ng Australia as a PR, the first thing I did is to study a postgraduate in Mechanical Engineering (Masters, coursework) in a reputable university (UNSW) cause I notice na mas marami opening for this type of engineer. Sulit naman after I graduated, I got a job in less than 2 months on a global engineering firm with 6digit annual salary (in AUD) for a start. Studying here is costly so make sure you have a solid plan...most of those studying some courses in a fly-by-night institution usually ended up not getting a PR visa with huge debt. Nag-aral lang ako cause I've got a commonwealth support sa UNSW.
    --------------
    2014AUG03: Conceptualized Oz Plan after 5 bottles of soju in Haeundae with my Korean buddies
    2014OCT18: IELTS Exam (L:7.5, R:8.0, W:6.5, S:7.5)
    2014DEC01: Submit CDR to EA (Chemical Engineer)
    2015JAN18: Received EA Assessment (Bachelor Degree)
    2015FEB14: PTE Academic (L:79, R:87, S:77, W:84)
    2015FEB15: Submitted EOI
    2015FEB27: Received invitation and lodged application for 189
    2015APR13: Visa Granted (Direct)
  • cacophonycacophony ChicagoTotal Reaction Points: 14Member
    I'm a mechanical engineer too. Been waiting for invite since Sept 2017. 65 pointer. Having said these, I would suggest you aim for 75 points to receive an invite in today's robust immigration policy. My aim is to take PTE test and make it to superior.
    08/20/16 - IELTS Exam Part 1
    09/02/16 - Received IELTS Results (L:7.5/ R:7.0/ W:5.5/ S:6.5/ OBS: 6.5)
    11/15/16 to 11/20/16 - Visited Sydney
    02/11/17 - IELTS Exam Part 2
    02/24/17 - Received IELTS Results (L:7.5/ R:6.5/ W:6.0/ S:7.0/ OBS: 7.0)
    05/15/17 - Started Composing Career Episodes
    08/22/17 - Created EA Account
    08/27/17 - Lodged MSA + RSEA
    09/01/17 - Applied for Fast Track
    09/04/17 - Booked PTE-A Exam Using AECC Voucher
    09/08/17 - EA replied requesting for additional docs
    09/18/17 - PTE-A Exam
    09/19/17 - Received PTE-A Results (L:70/ R:75/ W:69/ S:87/ OBS: 73)
    09/22/17 - Submitted additional docs to EA
    09/26/17 - EA positive outcome with 5 years relevant work experience! God is good! :)
    09/27/17 - Lodged EOI via Skillselect with total of 65 points (Subclass 189)
    10/04/17 - Lodged EOI via Skillselect with total of 70 points (Subclass 190)
    10/05/17 - Updated 190 SS from "Any" to "Victoria"
    10/21/17 - Updated 190 SS from "Victoria" to "New South Wales"