Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Has anyone tried to contact the leasing agent for apartments prior going to Australia?

LakiMaselLakiMasel PerthPosts: 200Member
edited March 2013 in Working and skilled visas
Has anyone tried to contact the leasing agent for apartments prior going to Australia? Magandang strategy kaya ito para mama pag view agad ng apartment pagdating sa Australia?
Parang mahirap po yata na magrent po dyan eh noh lalo na pag wala pang financial record etc.

Comments

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    Yes i have tried while i was living in nz... They wont entertain me even if i had job contract, bank statements in nzd, previous tenancy records in nz for 3 yrs plus and references but they did allow my sister to view on my behalf and apply on my behalf as she lives in au.

Please find the thread about rental scams in oz. marami ata sa gumtree at flatmate.com.au scamming.

A forumer lost 600 aud coz they taught they got an apartment na thru emails lng with a person they have never met... An apt they have never seen except photos while in pinas.

And they probbly have no case or chance of getting that money back kasi thru internet lng kahat ng transaction.

May rules po ang tenancy here... Quite good for the protection of both parties.
  • LakiMaselLakiMasel Perth
    Yes i have tried while i was living in nz... They wont entertain me even if i had job contract, bank statements in nzd, previous tenancy records in nz for 3 yrs plus and references but they did allow my sister to view on my behalf and apply on my behalf as she lives in au.

Please find the thread about rental scams in oz. marami ata sa gumtree at flatmate.com.au scamming.

A forumer lost 600 aud coz they taught they got an apartment na thru emails lng with a person they have never met... An apt they have never seen except photos while in pinas.

And they probbly have no case or chance of getting that money back kasi thru internet lng kahat ng transaction.

May rules po ang tenancy here... Quite good for the protection of both parties.
    Parang ang gusto ko po kasi ay may kausap na ako para on the day ng paglapag ko sa Australia ay may kakausapin na ako na agent para i-view yung apartment.

Paano kaya yung mga wala pang work at nagsisimula pa lang sa Oz?

• NadineNadine Brisbane
    edited March 2013
    Hi po ulit!

Ginawa ko to nung nasa cebu pa ako. I tallked to 5 different agents ata by email, pati unit owners. Ok lang naman po, they will tell you are welcome to view the apartment and apply to rent - IF available pa pagdating mo. But the thing is, apartments/units/houses are never available for long. So pagdating mo dito, maghahanap ka lang din ulit, makikipagusap sa iba't-ibang agent ulit, saka mo pa lang ma-view.

If there is an agent that will tell you by email or phone that he will guarantee a place but you need to deposit money, naku ingat po kayo. Kasi it's never a practice to pay money without inspecting a place first and signing lease/agreements. Nobody can (or ever should) guarantee the place is yours without you formally signing an agreement with them.

As to your last question, I have to admit, mahirap po. But the bottom line naman talaga for agents/owners is the capacity to pay rent. So, kung may maipapakita po kayo bank statements etc., baka they will approve naman your rental application. :)

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

Hi po ulit!

Ginawa ko to nung nasa cebu pa ako. I tallked to 5 different agents ata by email, pati unit owners. Ok lang naman po, they will tell you are welcome to view the apartment and apply to rent - IF available pa pagdating mo. But the thing is, apartments/units/houses are never available for long. So pagdating mo dito, maghahanap ka lang din ulit, makikipagusap sa iba't-ibang agent ulit, saka mo pa lang ma-view.

If there is an agent that will tell you by email or phone that he will guarantee a place but you need to deposit money, naku ingat po kayo. Kasi it's never a practice to pay money without inspecting a place first and signing lease/agreements. Nobody can (or ever should) guarantee the place is yours without you formally signing an agreement with them.

As to your last question, I have to admit, mahirap po. But the bottom line naman talaga for agents/owners is the capacity to pay rent. So, kung may maipapakita po kayo bank statements etc., baka they will approve naman your rental application. :)

Salamat po Nadine. Opo, di po ako magpapawire ng pera. Ang gusto ko lang kasi paglapag ko sa Australia ay mag-viewing na ako.

Anong mga websites po yung pinupuntahan para sa ganto?
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    Sa realestate.com.au ko po nakita tong current place ko. :)

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    Or sa www.domain.com.au ... Most places have an open home day usually saturday noon time. On the website pa lng may day for viewing or when open for inspection and only after inspection can you file an application plus requirements.

But saying that kahit nag apply ka na doesnt mean the apartment is yours kasi the agent will choose the best among the applicants. So luck plays a part din... Not necessarily the most money kasi dito may mga buildings na no kids.. No pets. Or apt na no smokers etc may criteria ung owners ng place.

So check the website find ung may mga open for inspection. You dont even have to call the agents just show up on the said time.. Usually they are there for an hour lng.

Or sa www.domain.com.au ... Most places have an open home day usually saturday noon time. On the website pa lng may day for viewing or when open for inspection and only after inspection can you file an application plus requirements.

But saying that kahit nag apply ka na doesnt mean the apartment is yours kasi the agent will choose the best among the applicants. So luck plays a part din... Not necessarily the most money kasi dito may mga buildings na no kids.. No pets. Or apt na no smokers etc may criteria ung owners ng place.

So check the website find ung may mga open for inspection. You dont even have to call the agents just show up on the said time.. Usually they are there for an hour lng.

Salamat po. Gusto ko po sana ay sa Sydney magwork. Ano po ba yung magandang search criteria na madali mag-train sa mga CBD?

• TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka

Salamat po. Gusto ko po sana ay sa Sydney magwork. Ano po ba yung magandang search criteria na madali mag-train sa mga CBD?

in the website of domain, there is a search criteria wherein you can choose to show only those that are near the train station...

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!