Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

457 to PR How much will it cost?

Santiago_Vargas_24Santiago_Vargas_24 MelbournePosts: 40Member
edited May 2013 in Western Australia - Perth
I will now apply for Permanent Residency from 457 Visa, I wonder how much will it cost? Anyone? Thank You.

Comments

• mykdspykmykdspyk Sydney
    Usually visa lodgement cost around 3k$+ check the immi website for the exact amount depending on visa subclass you'll apply. You need to pay for medical and afp check too maybe around 200$? If you'll hire a migration agent then you need to pay them between 3k$ to 5k$.
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    I will now apply for Permanent Residency from 457 Visa, I wonder how much will it cost? Anyone? Thank You.
    Ang fee mga 3k na by July this year. from 457 to PR kailangan yung employer mo ang mag sponsor syo. Kahit di mo na kailangan ng Agent. Mag basa ka lang sa immi.gov.au.
    Good luck

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• Santiago_Vargas_24Santiago_Vargas_24 Melbourne
    Thank you so much for the comments. I must apply for it before my IELTS expires and also, I will apply before July. Also much better to get an agent because I have no time to process all the papers here and there. Thanks
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    may side question ako in regards to this.. if you have your PR visa, how will going home in the philippines affect in the long term case?

may mga family circumstances na kilangan uwi-an eh. long story.

we have plans kasi on going back to cebu after our PR and there is an opportunity for me to do short term contracts here in AU on a locum basis for 10 weeks or longer. but our main base will be pinas na. i am just doing the locum position just to keep my license active in au until the family issue will be sorted effectively.

so every year while on the PR visa.. 10 weeks or whatever lang ako as the primary applicant in au. but my husband and daugther will come and go lang on a shorter term (vacation like basis).

is that ok? i do not mind na matagal maging citizen or whatever. my concern is just keeping the PR.

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @li_i_ren

- PR visa has validity of 5 years, after 5 years hindi kana pwede pumasok ng Australia
    - unless kukuha ka ng panibagong visa called RRV- Return Resident Visa.. panibagong application/fee na nmn ito..
    - Effect sa citizenship: yes may effect, kasi hindi nyo masasatisfy ang residency requirement kung 10wks per year lang kayo nasa AU..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    @li_i_ren

- PR visa has validity of 5 years, after 5 years hindi kana pwede pumasok ng Australia
    - unless kukuha ka ng panibagong visa called RRV- Return Resident Visa.. panibagong application/fee na nmn ito..
    - Effect sa citizenship: yes may effect, kasi hindi nyo masasatisfy ang residency requirement kung 10wks per year lang kayo nasa AU..

Ok thanks;) i dont mind at least we have a couple years to sort that out:) i will worry about the rrv after 5 yrs then and later na for the citizenship:) im more concern about keeping my rn license in au kasi every year registration rules changes hence i need continuing practice here in au whereas the p.r. Status if like u said gives us 5 yrs...then that is more than enough time to sort out what we need to do.

Thanks again.. At least may silver lining to look forward to:)