Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

tourist visa while waiting for a parent visa approval

mrscalaguasmrscalaguas SydneyPosts: 2Member
edited June 2013 in Visitor - Tourist Visa
If someone has applied for a contributory parent visa (173), can she apply for a tourist visa while waiting for approval?
Been reading in immi website but looks like it keeps referring to the other parent visa 103.
Impossible to get through immi's phones at the moment.
Would appreciate your input guys. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @mrscalaguas - yes... it is possible..
    im not sure kung anung difference ng 103 angd 173..
    but definitely, pwede mag apply ng tourist kahit sino, while a permanent visa application is in progress..

check this section: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

Parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents

Parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens may be eligible for the grant of multiple entry visas with a maximum stay of 12 months with maximum validity periods of up to:

•five years for parents outside Australia and in the Parent (subclass103) visa queue

•three years for parents outside Australia who have
    ---had a previous Australian visa and complied with the conditions; and
    ---have not applied for a Parent visa; or
    ---have applied for a Parent visa (subclass 103) but are not yet in the Parent visa queue

•18 months for parents who have
    ---not previously travelled to Australia; and
    ---have not applied for a Parent visa; or
    ---have applied for a Parent (subclass 103) visa but are not yet in the Parent visa queue.

These longer stay and validity visas are not available to people who apply in Australia.

In addition to meeting all other Tourist visa requirements, you will need to:

•hold health insurance to cover any healthcare costs during your stay
    •not stay in Australia for more than 12 months in any 18 month period. (Like all tourists, parents granted Tourist visas are expected to maintain extended periods of absence between visits to Australia).

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    If someone has applied for a contributory parent visa (173), can she apply for a tourist visa while waiting for approval?
    Been reading in immi website but looks like it keeps referring to the other parent visa 103.
    Impossible to get through immi's phones at the moment.
    Would appreciate your input guys. Thanks in advance.
    Yes she can.. But check first the processing timeline of contributory parent visa and also ilang months na ba ang nkalipas since u lodge her visa application?? Kasi bka mangyari na while waiting for her tourist visa to be granted, mauunang ma grant ung parents visa nya. And if that happen at mkalimutan mong e withdraw ung tourist visa application nya at ma grant un ma wawalang bisa ung parents visa nya.. So sayang din..

And if u will apply her for a tourist visa let the immigration know about it, ksi my on going visa application xa.

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)

• atchinoatchino Sydney
    meonr po ba dito nag apply na ng parent visa?
    - plesae share.. Im interested to aply my parents

What holding me back was the waiting period... nasa 13-15 yrs daw yata agn waiting period.

Or contributory visa which i need to pay around 45k AUD per head.. plus I need to should er the health insurance for 5 or 10 yrs since hindi sila valid for medicare once they got approve.

Tama po ba?

To all Kuripotz.. please visit my blog.
    May kasabihan tayo: Kuripot man at magaling... yayaman din....

http://kuripotism.blogspot.com.au

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    meonr po ba dito nag apply na ng parent visa?
    - plesae share.. Im interested to aply my parents

What holding me back was the waiting period... nasa 13-15 yrs daw yata agn waiting period.

Or contributory visa which i need to pay around 45k AUD per head.. plus I need to should er the health insurance for 5 or 10 yrs since hindi sila valid for medicare once they got approve.

Tama po ba?
    Si wifey nag file, ayun naka que hehehehe, we took the long path ... if my memory serves me right about 4 years ago baka nasa gitna na sila ng que

Google for Everything !!!

• atchinoatchino Sydney
    Sana pala inapply ko na rin 4-5 yrs ago... :-(

• atchinoatchino Sydney

• atchinoatchino Sydney

• BrijenBrijen Sydney
    I recently got married in Manila im filipino wife also, I am permanent resident of Australia, ee are planning to lodge partner visa soon but can we also lodge tourist visa whilst awaiting partner visa approval???