Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Payong Kaibigan! Bring your other passport!

OhmygagOhmygag SydneyPosts: 22Member
Umuwi ako sa Pinas nong April, this is the second time na umuwi ako to see my family since migrating to Oz but, this time I have a brand new passport.I didnt bring my old one because it was already expired and so I didnt see the need to bring it - what a big mistake! When I was checking in at Cathay Pacific NAIA they asked me for my old pasport and I was told I wont be allowed to board my flight without it. I explained that i didnt have it with me because expired na nga yon. Buti nalang maaga ako pumunta sa aiport as in 4 hours early because I couldnt take the heat in manila anymore. Kasama ko anak ko who is not even 2 and was getting really unsettled that time, nakiusap nako na kung pwede payagan nila ako mag-check in dahil umiiyak na anak ko di talaga ako pinayagan at kelangan daw nila contakin ang Immigration sa Australia dahil wala daw record ng new passport ko sa OZ immigration. Sabi ko di nila trabaho maging border protection ng Australia kung wala ako sa record nila its not cathay pacific or philippine immigrations problem. I ended up having to ring my husband who was at work at the time to find my old passport and scan it and email it to me then I showed it to Cathay Pacific and was made to wait forever. I phoned my sister in manila to contact someone in Phil Immi but I was told yon daw ang kalakaran sa sa NAIA that you have to have your old and new passport with you. In the end I was made to check in and board my flight but it wasnt easy and I almost missed my flight. I made a decision that I wont be going back to Pinas until I get my Australian citizenship and an Australian passport. Grabe talaga kalokohan at kabulukan ng sistema sa NAIA.

So payo ko lang sa mga uuwi sa Pinas na me bagong Philippine passport please bring your old one and also bring all necessary papers such as visa grant letter or visa labels if u have them they will come in handy specially when paying the ridiculous terminal fees.

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Hi did you inform immi ng australia na bago ang passport mo para ma-update ang records mo? Malamang kaya hinahanap ang old passport mo kasi yun pa rin nakalagay sa visa grant ang old passport number mo.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• OhmygagOhmygag Sydney
    I submitted the details of my new passport when i applied for my PR visa and when I left Australia with my new passport the immigration officer scanned my passport and told me that they updated my visa details. so yeah they have my new passport details. In fact when I got back to Australia I didn't encounter any dramas.

Nung NASA NAIA ako there were this mag-ina who were going to HK and they got asked for their old passports too. They actually have their old passports with them but, they made to wait for as long as I did.
    I can't help but feel na pinapahirapan lang I bang pinoy sa airport so in the end they can extort these poor people.

• multitaskingmultitasking North Ryde
    @Ohmygag .. thanks for sharing this....

by the way.. do you know guys how to update yung passport info ng visa.. for my dependents kasi.. balak naming mag renew ng mga passports nila bago sila pumunta sa Australia...

May 2012 - Revalidated ACS Application (System Analyst)
    9/1/2012 - Taken My 3rd IELTS Exam
    9/14/2012 - Got IELTS results: L=8,R=8.5,W=7,S=7 .. :-) .. pag may tiyaga..may nilaga
    9/15/2012 - Updated my EOI = 65 points (visa 190);60 (VISA 189)
    10/10/2012 - Australia Federal Police Clearance Submitted Online
    10/11/2012 - FBI Clearance Sent Through DHL
    10/22/2012 - Received scan copy of AFP clearance from my friend in Melbourne
    11/15/2012 - Received Invitation for 189 (about 2 months after 60 pts effectivity)
    11/24/2012 - 189 VISA Lodged
    11/29/2012 - DIAC Ack :-)
    12/4/2012 - Received FBI clearance. Friend in US sent scanned copy
    12/17/2012 - CO Assigned
    04/17/2013 Visa 189 Granted.. Thank you Lord...
    08/09/2013 - Flight to Sydney through PAL
    08/10/2013 - Touchdown Sydney
    08/12/2013 - Start of Job Hunt in Australia
    08/26/2013 - First day of work... THANK YOU LORD...
    07/16/2015 - Transferred to my second job/company
    Pray, Hope AND Don't Worry - Padre Pio

• apcapc Brisbane
    @multitasking
    check this link. item number 19, this is how to update your new passport details
    http://www.philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/DIACfaqs1009.html
  • multitaskingmultitasking North Ryde
    @apc ...thanks dre...

May 2012 - Revalidated ACS Application (System Analyst)
    9/1/2012 - Taken My 3rd IELTS Exam
    9/14/2012 - Got IELTS results: L=8,R=8.5,W=7,S=7 .. :-) .. pag may tiyaga..may nilaga
    9/15/2012 - Updated my EOI = 65 points (visa 190);60 (VISA 189)
    10/10/2012 - Australia Federal Police Clearance Submitted Online
    10/11/2012 - FBI Clearance Sent Through DHL
    10/22/2012 - Received scan copy of AFP clearance from my friend in Melbourne
    11/15/2012 - Received Invitation for 189 (about 2 months after 60 pts effectivity)
    11/24/2012 - 189 VISA Lodged
    11/29/2012 - DIAC Ack :-)
    12/4/2012 - Received FBI clearance. Friend in US sent scanned copy
    12/17/2012 - CO Assigned
    04/17/2013 Visa 189 Granted.. Thank you Lord...
    08/09/2013 - Flight to Sydney through PAL
    08/10/2013 - Touchdown Sydney
    08/12/2013 - Start of Job Hunt in Australia
    08/26/2013 - First day of work... THANK YOU LORD...
    07/16/2015 - Transferred to my second job/company
    Pray, Hope AND Don't Worry - Padre Pio

• icebreaker1928icebreaker1928 Sydney
    @Ohmygag I think they do this kasi pinag-fifine din ang airline pag nag-allow sila ng mga tao na hindi kumpleto ang documents or something suspicious.
    I'm not saying na ganon kayo mam ha, napanood ko lang kasi sa border security.
    Walang sapat na documents yung tao... so in the end pinabalik yung tao at pinagfine yung airline kasi pinayagan sya makasakay at makarating ng AU.
    Alam naman natin na nasa hot list din ang Pinas kasi third world country tayo, kaya very strict sila pagdating sa mga documents etc.

But thanks for your info, marami matutulungan at makakaiwas sa abala na to :)
  • OhmygagOhmygag Sydney
    @Ohmygag I think they do this kasi pinag-fifine din ang airline pag nag-allow sila ng mga tao na hindi kumpleto ang documents or something suspicious.
    I'm not saying na ganon kayo mam ha, napanood ko lang kasi sa border security.
    Walang sapat na documents yung tao... so in the end pinabalik yung tao at pinagfine yung airline kasi pinayagan sya makasakay at makarating ng AU.
    Alam naman natin na nasa hot list din ang Pinas kasi third world country tayo, kaya very strict sila pagdating sa mga documents etc.

But thanks for your info, marami matutulungan at makakaiwas sa abala na to :)
    The thing that I dont understand is why would they find my Philippine passport (issued in Australia) suspicious and My son who was with me has an Australian passport which would make it more obvious that Im not going to enter Australia illegally. Why is Philippine immigration screening people who are departing manila to Australia, dont you think trabaho na ng Austarlia yon? Do you think Australia would impose such ridiculous procedure to another country's immigration and security?

I actually found out from my sister that our cousin who was going to Singapore for just a 2 day holiday experienced exactly the same thing, she almost missed her flight because she was held and the Immigration officers were looking for her old expired passport. Apparently they wanted to see the departure/arrival stamps on her old passport to prove that shes been overseas. And my sister also told me she learned that if you are a government employee you need to present a certificate of leave to immigration officers at NAIA before they let you through even if your just going to a neighboring country like Hongkong or Singapore that dont require visas. When I heard that I was so disgusted parang North Korea na ang Pinas kulang na lang bawal palabasin ng bansa kung di ka mayaman at politiko. What immigration officers are doing at NAIA are nothing but harassment if you ask me and I just hope that I am able to help some people with my rant kahit papano.
    @Ohmygag re: govt employee... yes this is protocol.. I am a govt employee once and the reason for that is... maaring may utang/loan pa sya or may mga training sya na nakabond sya which is kapag nagoverseas sya, maaaring nde na sya masingil...
    so it is really a protocol na kelangan mo ng clearance if you are a govt employee...

even a DOST scholar kelangan ng clearance from DOST kung lalabas ka ng bansa kung wala ka pang 2 yrs since grumadweyt.

Some are harassment.. but some are rules just being implemented.
  • OhmygagOhmygag Sydney
    @Ohmygag re: govt employee... yes this is protocol.. I am a govt employee once and the reason for that is... maaring may utang/loan pa sya or may mga training sya na nakabond sya which is kapag nagoverseas sya, maaaring nde na sya masingil...
    so it is really a protocol na kelangan mo ng clearance if you are a govt employee...

even a DOST scholar kelangan ng clearance from DOST kung lalabas ka ng bansa kung wala ka pang 2 yrs since grumadweyt.

That is just ridiculous its as if treating everyone trying to escape a communist country. Maybe it's a "protocol" but I bet you that's considered illegal. No one is allowed to be held at the airport just for "utang" pwede ka lang harangin kung nasa no fly list ka and if you have an outstanding warrant.
  • TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka

That is just ridiculous its as if treating everyone trying to escape a communist country. Maybe it's a "protocol" but I bet you that's considered illegal. No one is allowed to be held at the airport just for "utang" pwede ka lang harangin kung nasa no fly list ka and if you have an outstanding warrant.
    @Ohmygag apparently it is a LAW, I reckon:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=239&Itemid=80 see section 6!

Whilst it sounds ridiculous in your own opinion, wala tayo magagawa dito! :)

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

it is also a protection from the tax payers... isipin nyo na lang... nagtraining ang isang govt employee sa ibang bansa, nag-aral dun ng isang taon... using tax payers money... tapos hindi sya nakabond at anytime pwede sya umalis sa PH without clearance... tapos overseas na magtatrabaho... kunwari lang magtotour sa ibang bansa... taxpayers ang lugi dun... which is all of us.

it may really sound ridiculous but it is the law... I believe lahat naman ng govt employee aware dun.
  • OhmygagOhmygag Sydney
    edited August 2013
    My gosh thats just disgusting if thats really a law. That's probably why those -edited by Aolee- immigration officers in Pinas feel like they have all the permission to harass people who are trying to leave the country.
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited July 2013
    My mom travels with at least 3 of her most recent passport... It is bulky and inconvenient but she has find in her travels it is better to have them handy and it does serve its purpose in some countries to show your travel history.

When my mom went to switzerland for a tour and needed to exchange some cash. The man asked for her passport and cause he can see my mom is well-travelled and really is a "tourist" kasi prompt entry and exit.. He didn't make a fuss when my mom handed him her usd. But we noticed the other pinoy companion who only had 1 passport and maybe it was new... He scanned and rescanned the usd he handed over. Then this european guy was next in the line (still part of the tour group)... No passport required!

Bakit??

Medyo may discrimination.. Sabi ng tour operator kasi pinas nasa hit list of countries with fake currencies.
    May ibang situation pa that having your passports (pass and present) can be handy. Also your kid has a australian passport which is a pretty good passport but unless he also looks pretty foreign still expect may discrimination about the authenticity of his passport. Also pinas passport maraming din fake. Well known din tayo for fake docs.

Sad reality is..pinas is still a 3rd world country and though we are first class citizens. Sometimes we will be judged even by our peers based on our nationality/origin.

And to answer your question
    @Ohmygag
    The thing that I dont understand is why would they find my Philippine passport (issued in Australia) suspicious and My son who was with me has an Australian passport which would make it more obvious that Im not going to enter Australia illegally. Why is Philippine immigration screening people who are departing manila to Australia, dont you think trabaho na ng Austarlia yon? Do you think Australia would impose such ridiculous procedure to another country's immigration and security?
    To answer this question.. The answer is ACTUALLY yes! Hahaha! Believe it or not..australian immigration can STOP you from passing through immigration if like example ha if you are going to canada but you have a criminal case in australia ( drunk driving kahit you have not killed someone) because ANY criminal offence HINDI permitted to enter in canada. Note: if you are australian no visa diba so you can just buy a plane ticket...no visa screening...but once you pass australian immigration your history makikita nila yan hence if you have anything considered as criminal offence in canada BAWAL to board an aircraft bound for canada.

In america, if you are chinese circa nung new pa ang communist era then you seeked refugee status (usually political refugees sila) in america and became an american citizen. Then 1 day you wanted to go back to china but if they go back to china you will be imprisoned. American immigration CAN stop you from boarding a plane to go back to china because you are now an american citizen and they have a duty to protect you.

So yes... This can be done from any port of origin.

Hindi naman siguro communista ang australia and america dba? There are alot of things you will learn in your travel. One it is NOT a right but a privilege. People always assume it is a god-given right pero hindi po.. We have the right to travel and see the world but to do so is privilege as not everyone has the luxury to do so.

But in your credit... Manila airport is one of the most corrupt in the world. This shouldn't be a shock. Actually everyone knows this.. So it shouldn't come as a surprise. They exploit the filipinos lack of experience in travelling and the protocols required hence if passing through manila:
    1 don't bring tons of cash..just bring enough mag i-remit or forex before going home.
    2. Travel light if going into the philippines.
    3. Bring ALL documents na pwdi i-sampal sa immigration officer (may clear book akong dala with all letters and docs).
    4. Exude confidence alamin ang address where you are going, your visa class etc and dress to impress... Smart but not too flashy eh mentality ng pinoy if mayaman parang off limits pero if si ofw...naku kawawa.

Ayan.. A little travel lesson. Good morning sa lahat:)

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    I dont see anything wrong with Immigration people doing its job , siguro kung hiningan ka ng pera yung ang foul

Google for Everything !!!

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    My wife used to go to Japan ... and everytime she went there she always carry her old passport ... d understandable naman na inde updated ang PH kasi inde naman ganun sila ka high-tech

Google for Everything !!!

• OhmygagOhmygag Sydney

To answer this question.. The answer is ACTUALLY yes! Hahaha! Believe it or not..australian immigration can STOP you from passing through immigration if like example ha if you are going to canada but you have a criminal case in australia ( drunk driving kahit you have not killed someone) because ANY criminal offence HINDI permitted to enter in canada. Note: if you are australian no visa diba so you can just buy a plane ticket...no visa screening...but once you pass australian immigration your history makikita nila yan hence if you have anything considered as criminal offence in canada BAWAL to board an aircraft bound for canada.

In america, if you are chinese circa nung new pa ang communist era then you seeked refugee status (usually political refugees sila) in america and became an american citizen. Then 1 day you wanted to go back to china but if they go back to china you will be imprisoned. American immigration CAN stop you from boarding a plane to go back to china because you are now an american citizen and they have a duty to protect you.

So yes... This can be done from any port of origin.

Hindi naman siguro communista ang australia and america dba? There are alot of things you will learn in your travel. One it is NOT a right but a privilege. People always assume it is a god-given right pero hindi po.. We have the right to travel and see the world but to do so is privilege as not everyone has the luxury to do so.

But in your credit... Manila airport is one of the most corrupt in the world. This shouldn't be a shock. Actually everyone knows this.. So it shouldn't come as a surprise. They exploit the filipinos lack of experience in travelling and the protocols required hence if passing through manila:
    1 don't bring tons of cash..just bring enough mag i-remit or forex before going home.
    2. Travel light if going into the philippines.
    3. Bring ALL documents na pwdi i-sampal sa immigration officer (may clear book akong dala with all letters and docs).
    4. Exude confidence alamin ang address where you are going, your visa class etc and dress to impress... Smart but not too flashy eh mentality ng pinoy if mayaman parang off limits pero if si ofw...naku kawawa.

Ayan.. A little travel lesson. Good morning sa lahat:)

You mean to say if you're an Australian and you have a DUI under your name and your planning to go to Canada, Australian Immigration here in Australia can stop you and say you cant enter Canada because of your dodgy record?

I just thought Australia wont make you leave the country if your name is in the no-fly list, your a suspected terrorist, have an outstanding warrant of arrest. But if you already have a conviction and served sentence (unless your under probation) you are certainly allowed to leave Australia and enter another country on your own risk taking into consideration that the country of your destination has the right to refuse you entry specially if you have a criminal record. I know one of my in-laws go to Whistler to go skiing every year, shes got a criminal record, but she declares it every time she enters Canada, Canadian immigration probably doesnt think shes a threat to national security so she they let her through each time. Im assuming that each country have different laws on who they let in their country but I Know Australia and Canada dont automatically decide for people not to enter their countries because of past criminal record specially if you have a valid reason such as attending funeral and wanting to receive medical care. But you can educate me more since youre the one giving a "a little travel lesson" :-P

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited August 2013
    http://wikitravel.org/en/Traveling_with_a_criminal_history

While Canada's policies on criminal record is strict, any convictions no matter how minor or how long ago makes anyone inadmissible, it is possible to overcome the inadmissibility by submitting an application for "rehabilitation". This process can take a long time and requires numerous references to prove that you are in fact rehabilitated and that further offenses are unlikely. If you do not want to wait that long and must go to Canada you may be able to apply for a temporary resident permit, however the reason must be justified and vacations are not considered a justified reason.

Ayan may wikipedia link na. May episode pa sana sa border security pero d ko ma hanap... Please reread my example, i didn't say may certificate of rehabilitation na yung tao. And it was in australia that the person was refused entry to board the plane bound for canada.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/australia-australie/visas/rehabilitation-readaptation.aspx

Eto pa link about drink driving being inadmissible in canada.

What are the common convictions that will make a person inadmissible to Canada?

Drink driving or impaired driving convictions (even if they are recorded as a traffic offence) where the blood alcohol reading is 0.081% or above – or a breath reading of 0401mgms/L or above, will make you inadmissible to Canada. Other common convictions that may make a person inadmissible to Canada are: reckless or dangerous driving, common assault, street racing, hinder or resist a police officer in the execution of duty, possession, supply, trafficking of drugs (including cannabis) and shoplifting (theft), fraud or criminal damage, to name a few.

Pero i guess you still won't believe me... Or wikipedia. After all your aunty DoES fly to canada bah EVeRY single year for skiing even with a CRIMiNAL conviction??

Lahat ng sinulat mu refuted by the official link of canada pero i guess i better take your word than googles...
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/australia-australie/visas/rehabilitation-readaptation.aspx
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html#s3 ... Canada can deny admission if you will put too much demand on their health system.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/border-security/air/checkin.htm ..airline staff from port of origin CAN stop one from entering australia if they lack documents/visa validity.

But who am i dba to give you travel lessons... You so obviously are very well travelled.

Hopefully naia manila don't give you any more trouble kasi ang powerful nyo pa la. naku those disgusting immigration officers of manila....

My apologies.

..bring it.
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    edited August 2013

@Ohmygag apparently it is a LAW, I reckon:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=239&Itemid=80 see section 6!

Whilst it sounds ridiculous in your own opinion, wala tayo magagawa dito! :)
    Mama ko din ganito, hiningnan ng clearance nung nang visit siya sakin sa Sg dati. Kasi govt employee siya. Ngayon na plan niya mag visit dito, kumukuha na naman ulit ng clearance sa amo niya.

It's not ridiculous nor illegal at all. On the contrary, they really are just doing their job.

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome to Pinoy AU Community!

The longest running Pinoy-Australian Forum site in the history. We are connecting Pinoys "in" and "to" Australia since 2010! If you want to join in, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(53994)

Browse Members

Members Online (24) + Guest (130)

Hunter_08aJeffsunkissedbella17Jenchancccubicmathilde9kaarukafoeoermbalingitonieandreschimkenjar0nika1234cyee012jmcountersmnlz2023rurumemeIsaiah2408samisumi20oztrlyeah2AuabbylavaPHauw

Top Active Contributors

Top Posters