Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Lost job on 457 work visa (still valid) to future PR e.g.189 application

MeLiMaRtMeLiMaRt PerthPosts: 10Member
edited September 2013 in Employer Sponsored Visas
Hello guys, Just want to share my story, and would request for any opinion, suggestions.
I got an offer to work for a dredging company based in Perth as an Accountant, but my assignment would be in their new business in Nebo QLD. I was under 457 visa.
I was assigned in Perth HO for first few months suposedly for training.
Unfortunately, I lost my job eventually since their new business in QLD is not doing good at all. I was forced to resign, there are long stories behind but I wont elaborate anymore.
I had worked for them for only 6 months.
Out of fear of the cost of living in Perth, without a job, I decided to go back home nalang.
Tried my luck naman to look for another job/employer sponsor for about three weeks, but I failed to get, simply because of my status. I received interview invitations and phone calls mostly from recruitment agencies, highly qualified naman kaso nga lang when they learn about my status, most of their clients do not have any sponsorship capabilities nor want to hire people like me who has temporary visa.

There are a lot of Filipinos in WA, who has the same stories like mine. Marami sa kanila di naman nagjojoin ng forums like here. Massive ang job cuts sa WA nowadays esp. for 457 visa holders.

Sadly, even when I am here in Ph, I even try to apply thru seek, and other online sites.
But I almost give up dahil sa status ko, I got no responses.
Nakakapanghinayang nga lang dahil in effect parin ang visa ko per VEVO, which is still good for 4 years, up to Dec.2016, that my ex employer paid for everything, visa applications, placement fees etc.

But I havent receive any letter from DIAC of any warning about my visa validity.
Nakakainis lang na very restricted ang 457 visa, that you have to find an employer sponsor and may nomination pa na requirement.

Is there anyone who can suggest for what I can do better? Is there any way for me to know the status of my previous employer's sponsorship and nomination's validity?
I haven't inquired from DIAC yet, as I dont even know how to start inquiring from them..lol...
I am planning to contact my previous employer if there is still possibility na makabalik pa ako sa kanila, but the chances are very slim.

Otherwise, my next plan is to apply for PR nalang since i was able to save naman when i worked with them.
Is there any restriction, like my 457 visa is still valid,do i need to wait for DIAC to automatically cancel it before I apply for PR?
The process of applying 457 visa is almost the same for like 189 & 190, except there is no employer sponsorship involved.
I dont want to go anymore to any MARA, but instead do it on my own...

Guys, please help to enlighten me... any suggestions, comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• packerxpackerx Sydney
    edited October 2013
    Tingin ko best option mo ay apply for a PR. Once ma approve PR visa mo then logically it will override your 457 visa. Ang alam ko at any point in time iisa lang dapat ang valid visa mo so if and when maging PR ka then it will invalidate your 457 pero habang wala pang PR then go lang ang 457 mo.

Buti na share mo story mo as this is one of the cons of a 457 visa. Ang cons naman ng PR ay may right ka to stay pero wala ka naman trabaho.
  • JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    I would invest on consulting a migration professional for your case .. if indeed you got 4 years on your 457 then its possible that you can still enter australia to work ( guess )

Google for Everything !!!

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @MeLiMaRt..As u are in a 457 visa, and was forced to resign by your employer who sponsored you, u have to find another employer within 90days na mag sponsor and mag nominate sau. Within that 90 days at hndi ka pa nkahanap magiging void na ung 457 visa mo. Dati 28 days lg binibigay nla, pro ngaun 90 days na.

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)

• AllysondAllysond Sydney
    I want also to share story of my husband,...

He's one of those n nawalan ng work under 457 visa,..july 2013 ininform sila na wala n silang work, ngtry sya mghanap kaso first week ng august ngdecide n sya umuwi since may offer naman yung dati nyang company then binayaran naman sila under redundancy, ngemail p ngaa ko dati s immigration pra icancel visa nya pra mkapgclaim n kame ng superannuation

..then oct 28 election yun may tumwag na company and immediately hired na sya,..after nun ngstart n iprocess paper nya ng migration agent and luckily hindi p nacacancel yung visa niya so it only took exactly 4weeks approved n yun transfer of sponsor nya, so immediately bmalik na syang Perth and start n ng work.

So wag po mawalan yug mga nawalan ng work,...faith lang po, pray lang tayo,..

457 visa