Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457) -- OEC needed?

nindroidnindroid MelbournePosts: 24Member
edited September 2011 in Regional Sponsored Migration
Hello.

May I ask if you are granted a 457 Visa, do you still need to go to POEA to get an OEC? Is this really required for 457 Visas in AU?

I am sponsored by my employer of the 457 visa under a permanent position in their company (not contractual).

Thank you.

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Hello.

May I ask if you are granted a 457 Visa, do you still need to go to POEA to get an OEC? Is this really required for 457 Visas in AU?

I am sponsored by my employer of the 457 visa under a permanent position in their company (not contractual).

Thank you.
    yup you need it... coz you considered as ofw so under ka ng poea.

kung hindi ka kumuha baka ma delay ang pagalis mo sa airport manila. Staka you will considered as undocumented OFW sa philippine Law kasi wala ka sa listahan ng POEA na kahit documented at may working visa ka Australia. Para bang umalis ka na walang paalam. Staka OEC is your protection habang nag wo-work ka sa ibang bansa as working visa kung sakali mang may crisis na dumating. Puede mo naman i reimburse ang binayad mo sa POEA sa employer mo. Exempted ka na di kumuha ng OEC kapag Permanent resident na ang visa mo. Goodluck and GOD bless... cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

Hello.

Thank you.
    yup you need it... under ka ng poea as ofw.
    galingan mo sa trabaho ang performance level mo. Para after one year i-proposed mo sa employer mo na gusto mo mag apply ng permanent resident. Para di magdalawang isip na isponsoran for Permanent Resident. Ngayun pa lang check mo kung regional ang lugar ng trabaho mo para sa 857 visa kung hindi nman 856 visa ang kunin mo. Mag research kana in advance para habang nandyan ka pa sa pinas maasikaso mo na ang iba pang requirements. Saglit lang ang 457 visa kapag nailodge mo na after 3 weeks to 1 month nandyan na yan. Then punta ka ng POEA dalhin mo yung contract mo na naka Authenticated galing sa Consul office or embassy ng pilipinas sa Australia. May Form na ibibigay sa iyo ng POEA para sa employer mo. I scan mo na yun forward mo sa Employer mo. Employer ang mag fill up nun. Then kahit scan na lang at email sa iyo. Just a reminder you need to show to your employer na your doing great in your job. Good luck and GOD bless

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM

"To God be the glory"

• nindroidnindroid Melbourne
    Hi totoyozresident,

Thank you for your reply.

Now here's the problem, because I am a direct hire of that particular employer and they do not have an agency that represents them in the Philippines, they've already reached they 10-employee limit that will be given E-Receipt or OEC. Meaning yung 11th, 12th, and so on and so forth hindi na mabibigyan unless magpapartner sa isang agency sa Philippines yung employer namin.

This means I might just not be able to leave for AU. Sad. Hope may other way pa.

Please share if there are other ways.

Thank you.

Hi totoyozresident,

Thank you for your reply.

Now here's the problem, because I am a direct hire of that particular employer and they do not have an agency that represents them in the Philippines, they've already reached they 10-employee limit that will be given E-Receipt or OEC. Meaning yung 11th, 12th, and so on and so forth hindi na mabibigyan unless magpapartner sa isang agency sa Philippines yung employer namin.

This means I might just not be able to leave for AU. Sad. Hope may other way pa.

Please share if there are other ways.

Thank you.

Hi I don't have idea sa limit ng employee about pagkuha ng OEC. I think may paraan sa ganyan. Alam ba ng employer mo na ganito ang policy over the lmit. Handa ba magbayad ng additional na bayad ang employer mo. Try mo magtanong din sa www.philippine.com.au baka may sumagot sa iyo sa tanung mo na ito. Cheers

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

I hope. If you go here http://allnurses.com/international-nursing/new-grad-filipino-501897-page476.html and if you could just search "ceridwenRN" and read his last post --> he was able to exit the philippines without OEC or E-Receipt. We have the same problem.

Our employer didn't know about it and we've already raised it to them. Currently, it's being looked at.

Some friends of my friends, also, exited the country without OEC/E-Receipt. They just showed the 457 visa and that's it.

And yes, I called POEA a while ago and they confirmed the 10-limit employee per establishment for direct hire without an agency in the Philippines.

Thank you.
    I hope. If you go here http://allnurses.com/international-nursing/new-grad-filipino-501897-page476.html and if you could just search "ceridwenRN" and read his last post --> he was able to exit the philippines without OEC or E-Receipt. We have the same problem.

Our employer didn't know about it and we've already raised it to them. Currently, it's being looked at.

Some friends of my friends, also, exited the country without OEC/E-Receipt. They just showed the 457 visa and that's it.

And yes, I called POEA a while ago and they confirmed the 10-limit employee per establishment for direct hire without an agency in the Philippines.

Thank you.

Well its up to you if you don't have choice and you want to exit without OEC. Goodluck and welcome to Australia.

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

Thank you totoyozresident. But this will be my last resort. Will wait first of any communications from my employer.
    Anytime puede ka umalis kpag may 457 visa kana Wait mo na lang yung itenerary galing sa employer mo. Ipakita mo lang yun sa pilahan na eroplano na sasakyan mo then bibigay na sa iyo ang ticket. Provided ka dapat ng employer mo ng minimum 2 weeks accomodation.

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

Hello. Thanks. Yeah I think so too according to my research. If i do not have an OEC/E-Receipt from POEA I'll just have to pay the travel tax and terminal fee kapag meron naman is exempted ako. That's fine with me.

I'll be doing all the logistics - finding a place to live, booking a flight, etc but when I get there all will be reimbursable. =D
    Hello. Thanks. Yeah I think so too according to my research. If i do not have an OEC/E-Receipt from POEA I'll just have to pay the travel tax and terminal fee kapag meron naman is exempted ako. That's fine with me.

I'll be doing all the logistics - finding a place to live, booking a flight, etc but when I get there all will be reimbursable. =D
    ang laki pala ng aabunuhin mo. magtanung ka na muna sa mga pinoy na ka officemate mo kung may alam sila na bakante puedeng tuluyan habang nag hahanap ka sarili mong accommodation. Mas makakatipid ka kapag share accommodation or may flatmate ka. Mag pa book ka na ngayun ng itinerary mo. Anu pala industry ang papasukan mo at state. Okay goodluck... cheers

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

I'll be based in Melbourne and will be working as an IT Consultant.

Would just like to ask if alive pa ba ito --> www.philippine.com.au? I can not access it and returns an error.

Do you have access ba? Maybe you can help me to view a link that will be very helpful. =)
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Hi nindroid, congrats sa trabaho, ang gandang opportunity ang biniyayaan ng Diyos sa inyo :)

Ito yung tamang url ng forum na binanggit mo http://www.philippines.com.au/mirror/forums/
    Piliin mo yung "New Forum" kasi nagkaproblema dati sa database kaya hiniwalay nila yung archived threads dun sa active ones :)
    Hello lokjr. Thank you.

Still it returns an error (404 - File Not Found: public/error)

Kasi I found a short phrase there that hindi siya hinanapan ng OEC/E-Receipt with a 457 visa. I just want to read the complete thread.
    I'll be based in Melbourne and will be working as an IT Consultant.

Would just like to ask if alive pa ba ito --> www.philippine.com.au? I can not access it and returns an error.

Do you have access ba? Maybe you can help me to view a link that will be very helpful. =)
    Swerte mo pards... may mga IT PR visa hirap makahanap ng work pero ikaw nakahanap ka agad. Ang galing mo men.. Goodluck... cheers

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

@nindroid, gumagana naman sa akin yung link. http://www.philippines.com.au try mo.

Kung puwede matanong, online mo ba nakilala rin yung employer mo? :) Gaano katagal inabot yung processing ng employment sayo? (from interview to actual visa) :)
  • mimaahkmimaahk Singapore
    @nindroid goodluck sa new job mo, galeng may employer ka na agad! ...balitaan mo kami pag nasa OZ ka na :)
  • ce102125ce102125 Mandaluyong
    hi.. my husband have the same situation... ask ko lng how long can he wait regarding process of his OEC sa POEA?
    @LokiJr Yes. Online job posting ko nakita. Then I just submitted my resume and had my interviews after.

I think mga around 2 months. 1 month of many interviews then 1 month of visa processing.
    @mimaahk Thank you. Well, sana. I am at a dead end right now because of the OEC/E-Receipt from POEA. Sad.

edited October 2011
    @ce102125 Hello. I actually do not know. Sorry. It's currently my problem too. :-S
    @ce102125 I was reading some posts over the link above (yes mejo gumana na siya) and said they were able to exit the Philippines without OEC.

Based from their explanations and my understanding, nagmatch naman. I'm new to this. This week ko lang siya pinag-aralan. Plus, I'm on 457 visa direct hire. Pwede rin kasing 457 visa agency hire for an employer in AU. And my position is permanent not contractual (though pwede ring contractual) so I do not fall under Overseas Contract Worker.

It amazes me on how much I've researched on this.

Let's just hope magiging ok lahat and for your husband too.
    @ce102125 I was reading some posts over the link above (yes mejo gumana na siya) and said they were able to exit the Philippines without OEC.

Based from their explanations and my understanding, nagmatch naman. I'm new to this. This week ko lang siya pinag-aralan. Plus, I'm on 457 visa direct hire. Pwede rin kasing 457 visa agency hire for an employer in AU. And my position is permanent not contractual (though pwede ring contractual) so I do not fall under Overseas Contract Worker.

It amazes me on how much I've researched on this.

Let's just hope magiging ok lahat and for your husband too.
    in my opinion permanent or full time ang work mo pero ang visa mo temporary long stay 457 working visa kaya you consider as ofw or ocw. kaya advise ko sa iyo 3 months before mag two years ka sa work gawa ka agad ng letter sabihin mo gusto mo mag apply ng Permanent Resident visa 856 sabihin mo nabasa mo kasi sa immigration na qualified ka. check mo pala kung ang Melbourne kasama sa Regional .kung kasama naman after a year puede ka na apply 857 visa.

ito ang link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/eligibility-employee-subclass-856.htm

tingan mo na lang ang requirements... yan ang next goal mo after makuha mo pamilya mo.

2 years saglit lang yun...

Goodluck... cheers

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

@nindroid, wow congrats talaga, meant for you ang trabahong iyan :)

I have friends woking in Singapore, direct hire rin sila at temporary basis ang na-grant sa kanilang visa...They also went through the POEA procedure. Hassle nga raw -matagal at matrabaho pero it should not hurt to go ahead with this. Para naman well accounted for ang pagpunta mo. At least after this you can be assured that if anything bad happens in Australia (sana naman huwag!), may maaasahan kang tulong sa kanila :)
    @TotoyOZresident Thank you. I will check this.
    @LokiJr Hello. As much as I want to go to POEA kahit hassle pero they would not entertain me because they've reached na daw yung 10-employee limit nila for the company in AU who direct hired me na walang representive agency sa sa PH. We received a formal letter already from POEA Director na this is the case.
    Ahhh...so beyond 10 dapat may representative office na sila rito....naku...if that's the case then all we can do probably is wait for your employer's action. Hopefully your employer can think of something you can do for the meantime while waiting (i.e. like outsource your work from home -at least they can pay for your service?)
  • kidrockkidrock Sydney
    Totoy or anybody mkkpagbigay ng impormasyon tungkol sa 457 visa. pwede ba ang 457 visa sa mga onshore o para lang sa mga offshore ito?
    @TotoyOZresident @LokiJr hi guys. ok na yung dilemma ko. accommodation na lang in melbourne! if you know someone instead of service apartments or hotel (expensive).

thanks.
    @TotoyOZresident @LokiJr hi guys. ok na yung dilemma ko. accommodation na lang in melbourne! if you know someone instead of service apartments or hotel (expensive).

thanks.