Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Processing updates?

thankyouthankyou Posts: 2Member
edited January 2011 in Working and skilled visas
Do you have any updates kung anong applications na ang prinoprocess sa DIAC?

Comments

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    edited January 2011
    sorry what do you mean applications? you mean kung old or current point system pa rin sila?

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

• liz1218liz1218 Posts: 6Member

Hi. I would like to work in AU sana pero the problem is my job now is not in line with my course.. Credit Analyst po ako and ngfall cia under Accounting eh and course ko is Political Science. So hindi ko alam kung anong category ko dpat ang gamitin since i know na later on need ko mgpass ng transcript, im thinking baka mgkaproblema. Also i would to know where to start.. Hope to hear from you soon. thanks.

• jayjee09jayjee09 Singapore
    Hi liz1218,

I'm not sure about your case - but I'm definetly I'm sure that there's a way, kasi may friend ako sa pinas (although different ung case scenario ng konti). 

Graduate cya ng FEU - BS Psychology, then nakapagwork cya sa Australia ng ibang work (blue-collar job) then after 2 years nya don, nag apply cya ng Permanent Residency. -- Then na-approve cya. 

As far as i know ung application nya ng permanent residency parang alam ko similar lang rin sa application ng skilled independent, mas mahirap lang pagkaalam ko ang case natin na nasa pinas nagaapply. don't be discouraged.
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    liz1218 said: Hi. I would like to work in AU sana pero the problem is my job now is not in line with my course.. Credit Analyst po ako and ngfall cia under Accounting eh and course ko is Political Science. So hindi ko alam kung anong category ko dpat ang gamitin since i know na later on need ko mgpass ng transcript, im thinking baka mgkaproblema. Also i would to know where to start.. Hope to hear from you soon. thanks.

Hi Liz,

Sorry late reply, iba pala ung case mo sa case ko. and sakin kasi is about developer title and developer programmer title. I'm a web developer (sa title) pero mostly ang mga ginagawa ko ay backend programming not more on web design. but i saw in the SOL na wala na pala ung Web developer sa SOL. that's why nag doubt ako kung pwede ba ko mag apply as developer programmer. as per a member of philippines.com.au as long as i highlight mo na ung ginagawa mo is more on the SOL you are applying for makakapasa or may chance ka. hindi cya about titles. ill try to ask my friends about your case rin.

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

• migrationhorizonmigrationhorizon Sydney
    edited January 2011

Hi liz1218

Do you mean you completed a 4 year Bachelor of Arts degree with the major in accounting?

Can you tell me the name of  the university or college where you completed your degree?

Karl
    edited January 2011
    Centro Escolar Univerity-Manila. I have a degree in Bachelor of Arts Major in Political Science but my work is more into accounting since graduation in 2004. Pero pano ko mgstart ng application?

thanks Karl/Jayvee/Aolee.. Much appreciated.

Liz
    edited January 2011
    Hi Liz,

Your university degree is a section 1 institution, looking at the country educational profile (CEP).

Which is a good start.

To qualify for a Skilled Migration visa you need to check the Skilled Occupation List schedule 4 and ascertain whether there is an ANZSCO occupation for the purpose of getting a skills assessment.

karl
    Hi Karl,

The occupation is listed under SOL Schedule 4. What would i do after? Who would i need to contact for skills assessment.

Thanks,
    Liz
    Hi Liz,

Who is the assessing agency?e.g VETASSESS?
    Does the JOb description have a job number?

All Skilled migration to Australia except employee nominated sponsorship is points tested.
    You will need to get a positive skills assessment from your nominated occupation in the SOL.

Regards,
    Karl
    Hi Karl,

It's CPAA/ICAA/NIA for 60points. I'm not sure how to determine if it's a positive assessment of not.

Thanks,
    Liz
    Hello Liz

If you are confident you have the corrrect occupational skills you can find the CPAA/ICAA/NIA on-line assessment website, it may cost around $350 AUD.
    All skilled migration whether independent, sponsored by relative, or state or territory sponsorship require a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation.

If you have an employer to sponsor your application would be easier.
    Do you know any employer in Australia who may sponsor your application?

karl
    Hi Karl,

The company I'm working with have office in AU but im not sure if they will be willing to sponsor.. But how about those without sponsorhsip, how will i proceed?

Thanks,
    Liz
    Hi Liz,

The first step is gaining a positive skills assessment from the relevent assessing authority.
    Second, find a sponsor either a relative or a state or territory government.
    Third, after successfully achieving the first two, you can make an application for a subclass 176 visa.

If you have enough points you could consider a Skilled Independent visa subclass 175 (120 points).

Regards,
    Karl

• akinoakino Sydney
    Hi guys, here's the processing update as of jan 02,2011..

Applications lodged before the following dates are currently being
    considered by a case officer:

Priority 2 State Migration Plan*:
    (* State migration Plan currently available for VIC, ACT, NT & QLD)

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176
    VE 176 (e-lodged): 01 December 2010
    VE 176 (paper): 01 December 2010

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:
    VB 886 (e-lodged 02 August 2010
    VB 886 (paper): 02 August 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475
    VF 475 (e-lodged): 01 December 2010
    VF 475 (paper): 01 December 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487
    VC 487 (e-lodged 02 August 2010
    VC 487 (paper): 02 August 2010

Priority group 3

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175
    VE 175 (e-lodged): 24 December 2008
    VE 175 (paper): 24 December 2008

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176
    VE 176 (e-lodged):24 December 2008
    VE 176 (paper): 24 December 2008

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475
    VF 475 (e-lodged): 24 December 2008
    VF 475 (paper): 24 December 2008

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and
    Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496
    UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an
    occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been
    allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885
    VB 885 (e-lodged) 28 November 2009
    VB 885 (paper): 28 November 2009

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:
    VB 886 (e-lodged 28 November 2009
    VB 886 (paper): 28 November 2009

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487
    VC 487 (e-lodged 12 March 2010)
    VC 487 (paper): 20 April 2009

Priority Exempt Applications
    Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the current priority
    processing direction. Applications under these subclasses will be
    processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Applications lodged before the following dates are currently being
    considered by a case officer:

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476
    VF 476 (e-lodged): 4 October 2010
    VF 476 (paper): 4 October 2010

Skilled – Graduate subclass 485
    VC 485 (e-lodged) 14 December 2009
    VC 485 (paper): 14 November 2009

Skilled – Regional subclass 887
    VB 887 (e-lodged) 28 November 2010
    VB 887 (paper): 12 November 2010

Subsequent Entrant Applications
    All subsequent entrant applications for subclasses 485, 487 and 475: 5
    November 2010
    :)
  • jayjee09jayjee09 Singapore
    Hi akino,

Could you give us a bit info on what these updates mean? Thanks po
  • aoleeaolee Singapore

Hi. I would like to work in AU sana pero the problem is my job now is not in line with my course.. Credit Analyst po ako and ngfall cia under Accounting eh and course ko is Political Science. So hindi ko alam kung anong category ko dpat ang gamitin since i know na later on need ko mgpass ng transcript, im thinking baka mgkaproblema. Also i would to know where to start.. Hope to hear from you soon. thanks.

hi liz,

found something related to your case here =>
    http://www.immigrationkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/australia-nz/24684/Graphic-Designer-Vetassess-Assessment

but the discussion is a bit old, not sure if it still applies.

Thanks Aolee.
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    i think more on work exp talaga siguro ang tinitignan. but just make sure na kahit ma zero point ka sa education, mameemeet mo pa rin ung passing score para safe.

• akinoakino Sydney
    Hi aolee and liz1218,

my brother is also a credit analyst in the phils for years, anong skills ang pede nya inominate?..he's a graduate of BS Accountancy at PSBA but not CPA..gusto nya rin kc magpa assess but dont know kung ano ang appropriate skill pra sa knya..thanks!
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    hindi ko sure about being not a CPA, but i suggest kumuha cya ng related sa work experience nya na nasa SOL, accounting related. but still i maybe wrong. d ko alam point system or assessment sa CPA kasi.

• AnnalitaAnnalita Posts: 1Member
    @ akino when you say priority 2 and priority 3, does it mean they are more priotizing those under priority 2? how can we qualify under Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176?
    i'm a cpa here in iloilo city, and i have worked experienced for more than 9 years as an accountant.
  • kenkoykenkoy Sydney

hello everyone!

i hope you can help me out to assess where on SOL i can determine which occupation i fall since my work experience/skill is not indicated: 5 years as IT quality assurance tester & from ateneo de manila univ, management on information systems degree.

help is much appreciated. thank you.

... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    @kenkoy d ko napansin kung nasa sol nga ung job mo. Check ko bukas kung may makita ko.

• eldrinofsoalimeldrinofsoalim Posts: 5Member
    how about a programmer? also from Ateneo de Manila
  • aoleeaolee Singapore

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    how about a programmer? also from Ateneo de Manila

Hi eldrin, pwede ka either mag

Software engineer

Developer programmer

Analyst programmer

Systems analyst

Depende sa nature ng work mo, yun kunin mo.

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    aolee, the link u posted is such a big help to make us study more options. actually, para sa dalawa ang pino-process namin. one for son & GF, both in IT. maraming salamat po!

... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    aolee, the link u posted is such a big help to make us study more options. actually, para sa dalawa ang pino-process namin. one for son & GF, both in IT. maraming salamat po!
    hi kenkoy, np, sorry ask ko lang, nasa OZ ka na ba?

• shashashasha Posts: 4Member

Hi Liz,

You need a positive assessement from assessing body to know if the degree you have completed is equivalent to australian degree before you submit your application for migration. in your case, you need to be assessed by either CIA, NIA or CPA Australia. However, migration also requires that your work experience is related to your degree. Better consult a registered migration agent.
  • shashashasha Posts: 4Member
    Hi aolee and liz1218,

my brother is also a credit analyst in the phils for years, anong skills ang pede nya inominate?..he's a graduate of BS Accountancy at PSBA but not CPA..gusto nya rin kc magpa assess but dont know kung ano ang appropriate skill pra sa knya..thanks!
    Non-CPAs can also apply for migration as accountants. All they have to do is secure a positive assessment either from ICA, NIA or CPA Australia. Am not sure though if being a Credit Analyst would be considered as a related field in Accounting.