Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(31405)

• shemsimi
  • omgjenie
  • romeeigoniaimson
  • javagrammers
  • itwitch28
  • chee1208
  • bikwinibottom
  • ladymamba24
  • nursekc
  • DesignME
  • jhay0921
  • Roussel
  • programmer_mom
  • rakolektor
  • laniegatchalian
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (13)

atonibayCasseydatch29donyxHappyChoicejsjabaanmdnelleMikeYanbunrekramPeytus28rainybrainysicntyrdyasarella

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Do you wish to engage a migration agent but it's just to costly? Visa Consort understands your situation and came up with a special year end offer exclusive to all Pinoy AU members! Check our here for more info

Enter Australia as Tourist, then apply for work

MindForceMindForce SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
edited October 2011 in Employer Sponsored Visas Posts: 5
Mga Kababayan, I am based in Tokyo since 2006. I am seriously considering relocating to Australia. In fact, I visited Melbourne as tourist last Aug. I have a one-year multiple visa, maximum stay is 3 months for every visit. My Australian visa expires in July 2012. Paki-advise lang kung yung plano ko ay mainam. Babalik uli ako ng Australia and stay for maximum of 3 months. While I am there, I will look for a job, but not work as tourists are not allowed to work. When I find an employer, I will exit Australia and have my offshore work visa processed. Another alternative is to enter Australia as student. At least, kapag estudyante ako I can stay there for one year tuluy tuloy. Kaya lang, I really dont need to study anymore because I already have a master's degree and extensive experience sa field ko. Kung baga yung student visa is just to give me ample time to look for a job. Alin sa palagay ninyo mas mainam--enter as tourist (3 months ng 3months) or as a student? Ang di ko lang gusto sa pagiging student is that I have to pay the one-year tuition. Sayang naman if after a few weeks or months I find a job. Definitely, I will drop out from my enrollment.

I would appreciate any feedback from the readers. Salamat.
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• tootzkietootzkie SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 3Member
    Obtaining student visa is not that easy, it's a tedious process, plus you have to demonstrate sufficient fund (millions of pesos) to support yourself while studying. I think there are short-courses (3-months) offered by TAFE that don't require student visa. From there you can build network of friends that can refer you to prospective employers.
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • MindForceMindForce SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    Thank you Tootzkie. But I do have a one-year multiple tourist visa that allows me to stay maximum of 3 months for every visit. If my purpose is to build a network of friends, then I don't need to enrol in a school. That saves me the effort and money required to obtain a student visa. If I enter Australia as tourist, I will look for an employer who will sponsor me. I will obtain a work permit and lodge my PR application afterwards. Your thoughts on this? Thank you.
  • gemini23gemini23 WinTotal Reaction Points: 2Member
    HI! Good day to all! Hindi po ba bawal mag-apply ng job sa Australia if you're holding a tourist visa? If online application naman, I saw on some websites, bawal mag-apply if you're not holding a working visa- something like that- ??? Nakaka-apply po ba yung ibang Pinoy online?
    Follow your heart but trust your gut.
  • therealaidstherealaids SingaporeTotal Reaction Points: 11Member
    hi gemini, it is indeed not allowed... i know some people who went there as tourist and was able to get a job. that will depend i guess on luck . In my opinion if you are a gambler then go ahead. just be sure mahaba ang pisi(money) mo when u decide to fly there. :)
    hi therealaids, as you have mentioned, you know some people who entered as tourists and were able to find a job. In other words, while on visitor visa they applied for a job, and they were able to find one. So people could actually apply for a job even though the law says they shouldn't while on visitor visa. Is my understanding correct? Thank you.
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Total Reaction Points: 146Member, Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 1,335
    hi therealaids, as you have mentioned, you know some people who entered as tourists and were able to find a job. In other words, while on visitor visa they applied for a job, and they were able to find one. So people could actually apply for a job even though the law says they shouldn't while on visitor visa. Is my understanding correct? Thank you.
    Hi he knows people but maybe thats 3 or 2 years ago. November 2008 naapektuhan din ang australia sa recession simula nun medyo nabawasan na ang pagkuha nila ng overseas woker kaya ang naging priority nila ang locals. lalo na ngayun madami ng graduate dito na international student mas kinukuha nila yung grad dito kaya mas mahirap na ngyun maghanap ng work di tulad ng dati. its up to you kung i try mo at least nabigyan ka namin ng idea. cheers
    Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"
    Hi, thank you for your confirmation. So people have done it before--they were on tourist visa, they looked for a job, and they found a job. Well, it is really up to me to take my chance. I cannot compare myself to fresh graduates because I have more than 10 years of experience in my field. I don't think all employers need fresh grads only. There are prospective employers looking for applicants with experience. cheers.
  • therealaidstherealaids SingaporeTotal Reaction Points: 11Member
    yes i heard it's different nowadays, a friend of mine went there like 2 yrs ago.
    maybe it depends on the skills you're holding and if there's really a shortage of manpower in the location you're living. In case of Western Australia where mining industry is crying out of skilled person, then there would be a better chance for tourists land a job. Remember, they doubled the number of work permit visa to be issued. And yes, i guess finding a job is a matter of luck and hardwork.
    Hi tootzkie, thank you for your positive note. I didn't know that they have doubled the number of work permit visas. That's good news. However, I am aware of the mining boom in Western Australia, and the shortage of skilled/unskilled labour there. And the shortage is not only in the mining industry.
  • jjmjjm MandaluyongTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    hi gemini, it is indeed not allowed... i know some people who went there as tourist and was able to get a job. that will depend i guess on luck . In my opinion if you are a gambler then go ahead. just be sure mahaba ang pisi(money) mo when u decide to fly there. :)
    Hi.

So yung pag aapply online like sa seek.com wala rin palang saysay kase di talaga allowed?
    I don't intend to apply for any job if I was under a tourist visa cuz I know the risk it may cause. I just got curious on some people's remarks regarding applying a job when coming to Aussie...One suggestion says, you should apply online and arrange an interview before coming there (I'm not sure if it includes tourist visa) but it seems impossible to do cuz I tried to look on the job search sites and they have this notice, that you should have a relevant visa
    before you can apply plus if you are going to apply there under tourist visa, I think you should stay there for a month or so but then, it's a tough thing to do as what I heard cuz employers would ask for your visa and the immigration has ways to know whether your purpose is for employment or not (see Border Security program). That's why it's better to settle everything n legal ways. We just have to be patient, focus on our target and of course faith in God.
    I don't intend to apply for any job if I was under a tourist visa cuz I know the risk it may cause. I just got curious on some people's remarks regarding applying a job when coming to Aussie...One suggestion says, you should apply online and arrange an interview before coming there (I'm not sure if it includes tourist visa) but it seems impossible to do cuz I tried to look on the job search sites and they have this notice, that you should have a relevant visa
    before you can apply plus if you are going to apply there under tourist visa, I think you should stay there for a month or so but then, it's a tough thing to do as what I heard cuz employers would ask for your visa and the immigration has ways to know whether your purpose is for employment or not (see Border Security program). That's why it's better to settle everything n legal ways. We just have to be patient, focus on our target and of course faith in God.
    sa baba ng online job ads lagi may nakalagay na: ang puede lang mag apply ng work ay yung may visa allowed to work, permanent resident at citizen. cheers
    Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM

"To God be the glory"

sa baba ng online job ads lagi may nakalagay na: ang puede lang mag apply ng work ay yung may visa allowed to work, permanent resident at citizen. cheers
    Hi.

Pero may mga job ads din na walang nakalagay na "You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. Ibig ba sabihin may mga company rin nagcoconsider ng overseas applicant? Any comment on this?
    So far, wala pa kong nakitang sites na walang nakalagay na ganyan...anong jobsites na-search mo?
    So far, wala pa kong nakitang sites na walang nakalagay na ganyan...anong jobsites na-search mo?
    sa seek.com din. some ads may nakalagay talaga, pero meron din wala. napansin ko lang pag mga multi companies walang nakalagay, i was thinking na this companies kase are open for overseas applicants, kaya"baka" nga. Not really sure pa rin, kaya try lang, baka nman nga pde.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 200
    i just wonder why there are lots of companies offering for 457 visas if they rely only on immigrants. if you have an extraordinary skills and qualification then why not? Go for tourist and apply. It's legal, coz if there's really a company fascinated with your qualification and hired you, then that's it go back to your country of origin to process 457. And yes, there is an associated risk on that coz DIAC discourages that pathway and they may stop you at the immigration desk. Well, life is a gamble,if you want to take risk then go! and make life worth thrilling.
    i just wonder why there are lots of companies offering for 457 visas if they rely only on immigrants. if you have an extraordinary skills and qualification then why not? Go for tourist and apply. It's legal, coz if there's really a company fascinated with your qualification and hired you, then that's it go back to your country of origin to process 457. And yes, there is an associated risk on that coz DIAC discourages that pathway and they may stop you at the immigration desk. Well, life is a gamble,if you want to take risk then go! and make life worth thrilling.
    well if you have an extraordinary skills, qualification and very in-demand ang skills nyo imbes mag touristmuch better send ang cv nyo sa jobsite. the problem is kahit nandun na kayo sa australia sa job-online pa rin kayo mag aapply. at ang mag initial interview di na naman company kung di job agency review pa nila qualification then kung nakasama kayo sa short list staka pa lang nila irecomend sa company na naghahanap. Maraming proseso kaya di ganun kadali magapply ng work dito. cheers
    Quotes:

"To God be the glory"
  • tin26tin26 philippinesTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    hello po ano po kaya tamang visa para po sa cleaner .salamat po sa sasagot sa tanong ko.
  • heycoachputmeinheycoachputmein australiaTotal Reaction Points: 13Member
    @tin26 wala pong visa specific for cleaners