Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• markinstylemarkinstyle Manila, PH
    Hi guys. Who are still struggling to get the IELTS band score 8-S, 8-L, 7-W, 7-R? I took the test already here in Aussie and I got 7.5 in Speaking my score in Listening is 8.5, both writing and reading fall on the score of 7. I need a score of 8 in speaking to gain a positive assessment in AITSL. May same stories ba dito na nahirapan sa pag gain ng positive assessment? Salamat ng marami...
  • lecbalanzalecbalanza Posts: 1Member
    Hi! Just a question regarding IELTS. Which exam should I take if I am planning to apply a teaching position (ECE or SEN) in Australia? IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training? Thank you!
  • sunflowersunflower Brisbane
    sarahj05 said:

Hi everyone. I'm planning to apply as an ECE teacher in australia. May questions lang po ako.

1. Bachelor in Elementary Education po ang degree ko. Will i get a positive assessment sa AITSL if magpapaasses ako for ECE?

2. If ever hindi po, kung kukuha po ba ako ng diploma in Early Childhood, makakatulong po ba iyon sa assessment? Kasi po meron po akong nakitang univ dito sa PH na nagooffer. Gusto ko lang po makasigurado kung mas maapprove po ako if kunin ko po siya. Baka po kasi masayang lang.

Thank you po in advance. @sunflower @caienri

You can get a positive assessment from AITSL if your degree covers the following requirements: at least one year full-time (or part-time equivalent) higher education (university) level study of Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher initial teacher education as well as completion of at least 45 days of supervised teaching practice with students across the Birth to 8 years age range in education programs prior to and in the early years of primary school.

Read more here: https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia

Hi! Just a question regarding IELTS. Which exam should I take if I am planning to apply a teaching position (ECE or SEN) in Australia? IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training? Thank you!

IELTS Academic is a requirement for the migration assessment so you'll have to take that one.

EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER (ANZSCO 241111)

11/Apr/15: IELTS-IDP AU (L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7.5, S: 8.0)
    14/May/15: Lodged AITSL Application
    14/Jul/15: Positive Assessment from AITSL
    24/Jul/15: Submitted EOI (60 pts.)
    6/Sep/15: Received ITA
    19/Sep/15: Lodged Visa 189
    16/Oct/15: Lodged documents for Teacher Registration
    27/Oct/15: CO Allocated (Team Adelaide)
    10/Dec/15: Visa Grant :)
    12/Feb/16: Became a Registered Teacher in QLD
    5/Jun/16: Big Move to Oz!
    11/Jun/16: Hired as a Kindergarten Teacher

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• ymschingymsching Hong Kong
    Hello po! I am 25 years old po based in Hong Kong, graduate ng Communication Arts(Mass Communication) po sa Pinas and is currently teaching English for playgroup po for children from 1 til 3. Plan ko rin po mag take ng Postgraduate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Will this help po? Do you think I'll have the chance po? Thank you po sa magrereply. :)
    ymsching said:

Hello po! I am 25 years old po based in Hong Kong, graduate ng Communication Arts(Mass Communication) po sa Pinas and is currently teaching English for playgroup po for children from 1 til 3. Plan ko rin po mag take ng Postgraduate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Will this help po? Do you think I'll have the chance po? Thank you po sa magrereply. :)

Hello! To be more specific, you can check your 'chances' using the points table test located here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/The-points-table.aspx For visa 189 or 190, you will need to have a minimum of 65 points.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• dhredhre Phil.
    Hi,meron po ba dito nakagawa n ng CPD?ask ko lang po pattern salamat!
  • tinetine Manila
    @sunflower Hi! Ilang years na po kayo dyan sa AU? I've seen your post before parang iba pa nga pic mo nun,so I guess medyo matagal ka na sa AU. I am wondering how the working conditions are there? Is it difficult to find a stable job? And is the salary enough for you? Thanks~ If these are too personal ok lng nman po na hindi sagutin. Thanks!
    @tine
    Hello! Been living in Australia for two years now. Very chill lifestyle so I am definitely enjoying it. I think finding a "stable job" is very subjective - what might be a "good enough" job for one may be an awful job for another person. In my case, I've been in the same job (Kindergarten teacher) and employer for the past two years because the bosses are good and the salary is good for my lifestyle. For instance, with my Kindergarten teacher salary, I was able to to buy a second-hand car within my first few months of working in Australia. I can also afford to buy a plane ticket to fly back to the Philippines once or even twice a year. And if you are really good in saving, you can do a lot more than that.
    cjpsyche007teach_nessa1029

@sunflower I am planning to go to MNL to study po ulit, I'm thinking of going to DLSU to take a double degree po ng Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or mag TCP(Teaching Certificate Program) and then mag Masters major in Early Childhood Education po. Do you think chances would be higher? Thank you so much for responding po!
  • cuccicucci NSW
    @ymsching Have you considered getting the degree is Au rather than Phils? This way you will be more acquainted with the local culture and education practices. A student visa would also allow you some 20 hours of work opportunity per week.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

• tinetine Manila
    @sunflower Thanks! Good to hear updates, I was just interested kasi when I started posting here its either you just arrived there or you were about to go to AU nun but you were really active in posting here and helping out the others. Good luck over there and thanks for the response.
  • tinetine Manila
    @Simplykrish Hi po, I read your post, were you assessed by aitsl din po ba or did you jst register na lang po as a teacher in AU and then chose bet. two states?
    @cucci Hi @cucci I am also considering studying in Au, I just don't know how and where to start. I'm kinda nervous since ACN told me migration laws are changing and they only process/handle assistance for studying in Au, then a friend told me it's better to go to Au for PR not studying. If I do, do you have an idea of how much it'll cost? I can imagine it'll be an advantage for me after finishing the course because then like you said I'll have an idea of the culture and education practices. Thank you so much!
  • cuccicucci NSW
    @ymsching Have you checked your points if you qualify for skilled migration? If you qualify that is always the best option, but since your inquiry started with you studying first to I was on the impression that you want to study first inorder to qualify for skilled migration.
    I do not have information as to how much the cost will be but perhaps you can try contacting some agencies that have tie ups with educational institutions in Austalia like IDP. This is not a personal endorsement... they were just the first that I remembered from those I inquired from when I considered studying some years ago.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

tine said:

@Simplykrish Hi po, I read your post, were you assessed by aitsl din po ba or did you jst register na lang po as a teacher in AU and then chose bet. two states?

Those are two different processes. AITSL will assess your qualifications to check if it is equivalent to a tertiary degree as required for the migration process. The teacher's registration is for anybody who would like to be eligible to work as a teacher in Australia whether you have migrated already or not.

@ymsching
    Just to add to all the information that @cucci has provided for you, I also agree that going the PR route would be better because you won't have any restrictions in terms of work or study. For instance, if you already took up a Bachelor degree in Education and your qualification assessment comes out positive (along with the rest of the requirements needed for the PR visa), then you can already apply for the PR visa and take up a diploma course or a master's degree while working. Whereas if you go for the student route, you'll go through the process for the student visa and then finish your course first (restricted to work for 20 hours maximum per week) and then reapply again later on with the PR process. It's just double your time, effort, and money.

If you're curious about how the visa prices differ, they are found on this page: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/fees

@sunflower @cucci thank you so much for helping and responding to my questions. I don't have the qualifications yet which is why she suggested I study in MNL, I'm just not sure if they'd recognize the degree after, unlike if I study in Au then it is most likely recognized there. If my computation is right, after the degree I'd be able to get 65 points. Thank you so much!
    @ymsching
    If that's the case and if money is not an issue, definitely go for study in Au because they will only recognize part of your studies if you do it through a Philippine university. You will still have to "top up" your qualification in Australia with at least a diploma course in early childhood otherwise.

Take note that in applying for a visa, you do NOT have to make use of a migration agent. If you do a lot of research then you can lodge your documents yourself. Everything is done online so it is very easy, straightforward, and convenient. To start you off, perhaps start looking for potential universities where you would like to study your course. As an example, University of Sydney (https://sydney.edu.au/courses/courses/uc/bachelor-of-education-early-childhood.html) has the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) which would allow you to teach 0-5 year olds. It's a four year degree and the cost would be $44,000 for the whole course.

edited August 2018
    @sunflower thank you so much for the information, thank you for being so helpful. Do you know if they would need to assess my diploma/TOR as I graduated from the University of Perpetual Help System from the Philippines, I took Bachelor of Arts in Communication. Would it matter if the degree is not education related? But I am currently teaching playgroup here in Hong Kong. If my computation is correct, after I've done the course, I might still only have 65 points. I saw a post from the general skilled thread that they are only accepting minimum of 75 points? Is that true? Also do you know if the Skilled Employment point include part time work while I study? Thank you so much for all the help!
    @ymsching
    If you want to be assessed positive as a teacher for the visa 189, your bachelor degree will have to be an education-related course. Otherwise, have a look at the eligible skilled occupations listed on this page if there is any that would apply to your current qualification: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

To be eligible to apply for visa 189, you need a minimum of 65 points as listed on this page: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

I don't quite understand your question here: "Also do you know if the Skilled Employment point include part time work while I study?" Which part of the points system are you referring to?

• cuccicucci NSW
    edited September 2018
    I guess @sunflower was asking if she gets a part-time job as a teacher while studying that can be counted as additional "points" toward assessment for Skilled Migration?

According the NESA (NSW Education Standards Authority): (for NSW Teachers)
    All teachers must be accredited with NESA to work in a school or centre-based early childhood service.
    To apply for accreditation, NESA will need to assess your qualifications. Depending on what studies you have done, you will be given either provisional or conditional accreditation. Once you have been provisionally or conditionally accredited you can apply for employment as a teacher.
    How to apply
    You can create an eTAMS account now and apply for Provisional/Conditional Accreditation via eTAMS.

You will be prompted to provide key personal information, including your contact details and your current NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. The WWCC is issued by the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian and is a condition of accreditation for all NSW teachers.

To apply for a Statement of Accreditation, you will need to upload the following:
    - a certified copy* of your academic qualifications, and
    - certified copies of identification to the value of 100 points (eg, passport and birth certificate) as well as any change of name documents that may be applicable (eg, marriage certificate).
    - If you have completed part of your qualifications in a country where English is not the main language, you will also need to provide us with the results of your English language proficiency assessment – see here for more information about this requirement.
    * A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document that has been certified as a true copy of the original by a Justice of the Peace.

The accreditation pathway is outlined here.

From the looks of it, as long as you get provisionally/conditionnaly accredited (even with your current credentials + enrolment in a program leading toward early education and care), your part-time work can be considered by AITSL.
    Note - I am not a teacher... I came to this because hubby is considering teaching when he comes to join me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

@sunflower @cucci Thank you guys so much. I took Bachelor of Arts in Communication as my undergrad and I'm thinking of going to Aus to study and get an Early Childhood degree as I don't qualify yet. Would it be possible to study and get the qualifications and then apply for 189?
  • esbesb Posts: 20Member
    @sunflower @cucci Hi po ask ko lang po kung may chance ako sa australia as a teacher undergrad ko po is b.s psychology and since mkgraduate ako ang experience ko po is teaching pre school na. Do you thinky chance po ako sa ganitong path. Pero now po ndi nko ngwowork.
    @caienri Hi po ask lang din po ako kasi po bs psychology po undergrad ko pero and experience ko po since mkgraduate ako is pre school teaching po may chance po ba ako n makakuha ng positive result. But now po pla stop ako ng work for 2years n thank you in advance po
  • huhnuhhuhnuh PH
    First time to post here :) @ymsching , same with you, I also took Comm Arts but would want to work as a preschool teacher in Aus.

I’ve decided to take a diploma course on Early childhood Educ. bcoz I don’t have any background/work exp in teaching. Can I be admitted to this course even if I don’t have any educ units back in College? Would appreciate your answers. Thank you
  • cuccicucci NSW
    @esb As of this month ang daming job opportunities for early child education and care sa seek at indeed. As to whether they offer sponsorship, that is another thing. Perhaps the best thing if you have the resource is take a early education course in Australia and find an employer that can sponsor you either for work visa or permanent residency.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

@cucci So you mean po ba na mag aaral ako sa australia? Would you mind asking me kng ano po kayang course ang need ko kunin and with psychology major po..
  • cuccicucci NSW
    @esb Studying in Aussie would better equip you to face the Australian education system and culture. May mga certificate courses in Early Childhood Education and Care but I am not capacitated to make judgment on the best path for you. Siguro you can consult on a migration agent to give you wider and more detailed options.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

@cucci Thank you big help ang info mo..
  • nissde86nissde86 singapore
    cucci said:

@esb As of this month ang daming job opportunities for early child education and care sa seek at indeed. As to whether they offer sponsorship, that is another thing. Perhaps the best thing if you have the resource is take a early education course in Australia and find an employer that can sponsor you either for work visa or permanent residency.

Good to know po. :)

Yesterday yung 3rd take ng wife ko sa IELTS. We're praying na positive na this time

2nd Take

R - 6.5
    W - 6.5
    S - 9
    L - 8.5

Konti na lang eh Tables daw siya nahirapan now Diagram na lumabas so she said 8.5 R/W na ahahaha. Lakas din ng loob ni misis.

Now hopefully mabilis ang process for AITSL 32 na kasi kami this year we need the points.

Course: BS Early Childhood Education - PNU
    Experience: 10-12 Years Early Childhood. 9 Years in Singapore

We're praying na matapos na ang IELTS para makapagstart na ng process. If not, i'm considering the Student route for her take Master's in ECE atleast nasa Australia na kami both.