Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• FearFactory_17FearFactory_17 Posts: 109Member
    Hi guys. Got questions lang po and need your expert advice.

*My wife is a secondary teacher for 5 years, 32 y.o. currently working in a public school. shes got 4 years of experience teaching in a primary level. Got masters in english and EdD in administration. She took the IELTS once and did not get the needed score.

We're thinking for her to get a student visa na lang and study in Aus ng Early Childhood since iyon yata and may demand for now and parang mas madaling makakuha ng job on that level esp us asians (not native english speakers).

Questions:
    *How long is the process for her to get a student visa?
    *what does she need to finish, is a diploma enough for her to land a job?
    *How much normally ang tuition fee and for how long does she need to study?

*I am aware that the student can work part-time, how bout me (husband) as her dependent?
    *My job is in high demand for some states like South Australia, can I work full-time as her dependent?
    *What if one employer soon wants to sponsor me? what visa can i have?

Please guide as.

Salamat po.

*May 2016 -Heard one friend sharing stories about Australia
    -Had my research the ff.day about my job opportunity in Australia
    -Become aware about PTE, ANZSCO and VETASSESS
    *Sept.2016 - 1st attempt of PTE (Dubai). LRSW = 83/71/76/83
    *Dec.2016 - Submitted docs to VETASSESS for Skills Assessment
    *Feb.2017 - Positive result from VETASSESS
    (Only chance of EOI was in SA which require high points for a 489 visa)
    *Mar.2017 - 2nd attempt of PTE (Phil). LRSW = 86/76/65/90 (unsuccessful to get superior)
    *Nov.2017- I turned 40, which means minus 10 pts. =(
    - Started to lose hope and forget my Aus dream for a while
    *July 2018 - NT, SA and Tasmania were open
    - I needed to get a superior score from PTE
    *Aug. 2018 - 3rd attempt of PTE (Dubai). LRSW = 57/69/84/56 (scores were awful)
    (Despite my scores, I am determined and wont stop til i get that superior)
    *Oct.2018 - 4th attempt of PTE (Phil). LRSW = 79/90/83/86 (at last!)
    *Nov.2018 - EOI Northern Territory, Tasmania and SA
    *Aug.1, 2019 - Northern Territory ITA
    *Aug.7, 2019 - Official NT Skillselect ITA (Hired MA for visa lodging)
    *Aug.20, 2019 - Lodged Visa
    (Whatever the outcome is, life goes on & Im forever grateful to the Lord)
    *Nov.18, 2019 - 489 Visa direct grant

Thank you Lord

• michaelguanzon_ustmichaelguanzon_ust Quezon City
    edited September 2018
    Good day guys. Question lang po on behalf of my fiancée. Ako kasi ang main applicant and dependent ko sya. I'm a Software Engineer and she's a Primary Teacher here in the Philippines for 5 years. She studied in PNU with the major BEED and board passer din sya. Ang question po nmin is pwede padin ba or may chance padin ba syang makapag turo sa NSW kahit na hindi sya dumaan sa Skills Assessment? Or kahit sa mga Private Day Care, may chance ba na matanggap sya or need nya munang mag aral ulit? Sorry po no idea pa kami as of now. Thanks in advance and God bless everyone! :)

Apr 2013 - My girlfriend and I visited Australia for the 1st time as tourists & decided that migrating & working in this country is our dream! :)
    May 2014 - IELTS (S=6.5 / W=7 / R=7 / L=6)
    Oct 2016 - turned 25 years old + 3 years skilled level experience, applied for ACS Skills Assessment (positive result)
    Mar 2017 - PTE-A (S=74 / W=74 / R=70 / L=73)
    May 2017 - Proposed to my girlfriend & submitted our EOI (189=60 pts, 190=65pts)
    Apr 2018 - 5 years skilled level experience
    Jun 2018 - PTE-A (S=90 / W=77 / R=81 / L=86)
    Jul 2018 - PTE-A (S=90 / W=76 / R=71 / L=78)
    Aug 8, 2018 - PTE-A (S=90 / W=85 / R=84 / L=82)
    Aug 10, 2018 - Updated our EOI (189=75 pts, 190=80pts)
    Sep 11, 2018 - Invitation Received (subclass 189)
    Sep 23, 2018 - Lodged Visa
    Dec 5, 2018 - DIRECT GRANT!!! (God is TRULY GOOD)
    Feb 2019 - BM (Hopefully ^_^)
    May 2020 - Our Dream Wedding :)

Let's keep on dreaming! But don't forget to add goals and work hard :)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

• MiaMia NZ
    @michaelguanzon_ust Di na need ng Skills Assessment from AITSL BUT may kanya-kanyang rules per state in Australia... Sa NSW need accredited yung teachers so basa-basa muna kayo rito: http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/teacher-accreditation/provisional-conditional/how-does-accreditation-work
  • michaelguanzon_ustmichaelguanzon_ust Quezon City
    @Mia Thank you so much po! Tama po ba pagkakaintindi namin, you have a choice to either take the English Test (eg. IELTS-A) or to attend the course once you're already there? Ang concern lang kasi namin is yung IELTS na napakahirap i-8 lalu na kapag Academic. Thanks again and God bless po :)

Apr 2013 - My girlfriend and I visited Australia for the 1st time as tourists & decided that migrating & working in this country is our dream! :)
    May 2014 - IELTS (S=6.5 / W=7 / R=7 / L=6)
    Oct 2016 - turned 25 years old + 3 years skilled level experience, applied for ACS Skills Assessment (positive result)
    Mar 2017 - PTE-A (S=74 / W=74 / R=70 / L=73)
    May 2017 - Proposed to my girlfriend & submitted our EOI (189=60 pts, 190=65pts)
    Apr 2018 - 5 years skilled level experience
    Jun 2018 - PTE-A (S=90 / W=77 / R=81 / L=86)
    Jul 2018 - PTE-A (S=90 / W=76 / R=71 / L=78)
    Aug 8, 2018 - PTE-A (S=90 / W=85 / R=84 / L=82)
    Aug 10, 2018 - Updated our EOI (189=75 pts, 190=80pts)
    Sep 11, 2018 - Invitation Received (subclass 189)
    Sep 23, 2018 - Lodged Visa
    Dec 5, 2018 - DIRECT GRANT!!! (God is TRULY GOOD)
    Feb 2019 - BM (Hopefully ^_^)
    May 2020 - Our Dream Wedding :)

Let's keep on dreaming! But don't forget to add goals and work hard :)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

• dhredhre Phil.
    Hello po...IELTS lang po ba tlga ang required exam for teachers?PTE Acad po hndi ba pwede hirap po kasi IELTS..thanx in advance
  • caienricaienri Sydney
    @dhre yes. Only academic ielts
  • amypilapilamypilapil philippines
    @sunflower hi maam!
    I just want to ask for your opinion about my case, graduate po ako ng bachelor of secondary education major in mathematics, with seven years teaching experience, while my husband is a RN without any hospital experience, is it possible for us to apply for skilled visa 189 or student visa nlng po? . Goal po sana talaga namin is to migrate n talaga to australia., salamat po.
  • MiaMia NZ
    @amypilapil if your goal is to migrate to Australia, you should consider exploring the pathways for permanent residency... last resort na yung student visa pathway.

Nasa shortage list naman ang profession mo...
  • magueromaguero Adelaide
    edited November 2018
    @amypilapil There are 3 kinds of skilled immigrant visas - 189, 190 and 489. Check mo sa occupation list kung aling visa ang pwede sa iyo as a teacher kung ikaw ang primary applicant at kung ano naman ang pwede sa husband mo kung sya ang maging primary applicant. Pwede rin kasi inominate ng husband mo yung current occupation nya na hindi RN basta nasa list.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

Requirement na yung primary applicant meron successful skills assessment. Nasa dulong column yung assessing body per occupation. You can check kung ano yung requirements para sa iyo and sa husband mo. Tapos pwede kayo magdecide kung sino magiging primary applicant based on kung sino sa inyo ang mas malaki ang chance na makakuha ng positive skills assessment and yung chance na ma-invite to apply for a visa.
    thanks @maguero and @Mia! thank you po sa help..
    @maguero question lang po ulit regarding po dun sa 65 points requirements for visa 189, nung nagtry po ako mag assess on my own 50 points lang po inabot, kasi sa age, experience, and english skills lang ako may points, sa studies wala kasi lahat ang hinahanap eh puro australia.. ganun po ba talaga? or mali lang ako ng intindi?
    @amypilapil Yung universities and colleges dito sa atin may classification. Kung galing ka sa level 1 school considered yung Bachelor's degree mo as equivalent to an AQF Bachelor's degree and meron kang 15 points for education. Tapos pag level 2 school equivalent naman to an AQF diploma yata so may +10 points naman. Vetassess yung assessing body ko and kasama sa pag-assess nila yung education and work experience. Hindi lang ako sure sa AITSL kung kasama pero para maka-tantsa ka ng points yun yung pwede mong guideline muna.
    @maguero level 2 po ung university n pinagtapusan ko.. so plus 25 points n po ko? so 75 points n po ko? or plus 10 lang kaya 60 lang?
    @amypilapil Plus 10 points lang.
    kulang p rin ung points ko..
    @amypilapil Ano yung breakdown ng points mo?
    @maguero age: 29 years old- 30 points, english- 10 points, experience - 10, education - 10.. kapos po ng 5 points..
    @amypilapil Usually pag kapos sa points umuulit sa English test for the additional points. May threads dito for IELTS and PTE para sa tips to improve your score.

Pwede ka rin mag-apply for visa 190 kasi meron +5 points for state sponsorship. Pwede rin ang visa 489 kasi +10 points naman yun. Note lang na kung mag-aapply for 190 or 489 kailangan magcheck kung aling states ang nagssponsor ng occupation mo.

Pwede ka rin magcheck sa main Skilled Migration thread. Baka meron din makatulong with other options. Meron at merong paraan para tumaas ang points =)
    @maguero thank you so much po! sad to say wala po akong sponsor eh..
    @amypilapil Pag state-sponsored kailangan mo mag-apply per state after you lodge the EOI. Marami din kumukuha ng option na yan lalo na dahil may occupations na yan lang ang option o kaya dahil mababa ang points. I suggest damihan mo pa yung research mo para mas maintindihan yung process and yung options available to you. At this point, you have several options para maka-apply for a skilled visa. Wag hihinaan ng loob.

Anyway, para related sa thread na ito, kailangan mo rin ma-review ng husto yung requirements for a positive skills assessment as a teacher. Baka may mas makatulong lalo na yung nasa Australia na or meron nang visa grant =)
  • ish_30ish_30 singapore
    @nissde86 Hi have you considered going to the 482 route? I had a problem with my score in IELTS too, pero the assessing authority gave me the certificate equivalent to ECT in AUS. They are considerate as long as you provide documents to back up your reasons why you should be accepted even without the required band score.
    flancheesecake
    question lang po.. sana po may makasagot., magkano po kaya aabutin ng visa application kapag kasama po asawa and anak? visa 189 po is 3k plus kapag isa eh.. saka kailangan p po ba ng show money? salamat po..
  • ohnanaohnana Adelaide
    Hi po. Ask ko lang po. Di po ako education graduate pero nag take po ako ng Diploma in Special Education and also MASPED. Makaka kuha po ba kaya ako ng positive result by AITSL as a teacher for the visa 189? Thank you sa mga sasagot :)

Vetassess Positive Outcome: 16 Dec 2022
    PTE (20): 13 Jan 2023
    EOI: Feb 2023
    Applied for Nomination & Nomination approval: March 2023

• CasseyCassey Melbourne, Australia
    @amypilapil Kapag 189 walang show money na kailangan. Kapag 190 depende sa State. Some State/s require a proof and some don’t. PR fee for the 3 of you (assuming that the child is under 18) is $6570 AUD. 3755 for the primary applicant, 1875 for your hubby and child under 18 is 940.

June 16, 2013 Arrival in Melbourne (AGED CARE)
    Nov 12, 2014 Changed Visa Subclass (572->573) and Course
    Nov 13, 2014 573 Visa Approved
    Mar 2015 Nursing Conversion Course (Deakin Uni) started
    April 13, 2016 Lodged EOI thru Skill Select
    April 27, 2016 Received invitation to apply for Visa 189 (Nurse)
    May 2, 2016 Lodged application for 189 Visa (Onshore)
    May 11, 2016 CO contacted for Form 80/Medicals of daughter
    June 17, 2016 189 VISA GRANTED Thank you my amazing God :)

Dec14, 2017 Citizenship application
    March 21, 2019 Citizenship Ceremony :)

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."

@Cassey thank you so much po.. malaki laki din pala talaga ihahanda ko.. hehehe.. malaki nmn ang chance n maapprove ang visa once may invitation n kami db? worry ko baka madenied p kami eh.. sayang ang pera..
  • CasseyCassey Melbourne, Australia
    @amypilapil Worth it lahat ng gastos, :) And Yes kapag invited ka na, as long as tama yung points na naclaim and HINDI NAGOVERCLAIM then you’ll be fine. You’ll just have to wait for the grant. Iba pa yung payment for the medicals.

June 16, 2013 Arrival in Melbourne (AGED CARE)
    Nov 12, 2014 Changed Visa Subclass (572->573) and Course
    Nov 13, 2014 573 Visa Approved
    Mar 2015 Nursing Conversion Course (Deakin Uni) started
    April 13, 2016 Lodged EOI thru Skill Select
    April 27, 2016 Received invitation to apply for Visa 189 (Nurse)
    May 2, 2016 Lodged application for 189 Visa (Onshore)
    May 11, 2016 CO contacted for Form 80/Medicals of daughter
    June 17, 2016 189 VISA GRANTED Thank you my amazing God :)

Dec14, 2017 Citizenship application
    March 21, 2019 Citizenship Ceremony :)

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."

• bonvivebonvive Manila
    I hope someone will create a website about what it's like to be a teacher in Australia, how to be a teacher in Australia, and the process of how to be a teacher there. Maybe someone can build a website using the hPage website builder: https://www.hpage.com

A blog will be really helpful for all aspiring teaching applicants, and the requirements and stuff. I have seen online but the information is very scattered.
    @Cassey thank you maam.,
    @Cassey thank you po maam! maghahanda n po muna sa ielts ko.. nawa maabot ko ung 8 for speaking and listening..
  • maujet1102133maujet1102133 Ph
    Meron po ba kayong list of requirements para sa assessment as teacher? Thank you .