Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• caienricaienri Sydney
    Hello sa lahat!
    I’m also a teacher, granted visa 189 last May 2018 and mag move na Sa January 2019.
    Wag kayong susuko! Kayo nyo yan! :)
    cjpsyche007
  • SGtoAUSGtoAU hervey Bay
    ok lang po ba kahit hindi education amg course pero meron more than 10 years experience in teachinf secondary students?

I am happy to help If you need a mortgage broker. Email - [email protected] / www.mortgagealley.com.au

****Timeline
    Anszco Code: Construction Project Manager 133111
    28 Oct 17: IELTS test
    15 Apr 18: Skills Assessment Submitted (Vetassess)
    24 May 18: Positive Assessment received from Vetassess
    23 Jul 18: Lodged EOI for Subclass 489 QLD
    28 Aug 18: Received pre-invite from QLD
    04 Sep 18: Submitted all documents to QLD
    12 Sep 18: Received approval from QLD and invitation to apply
    17 Sep 18: Visa lodge
    22 Dec 18: Direct grant 12 Sep 18: Received approval from QLD and invitation to apply
    17 Sep 18: Visa lodge
    22 Dec 18: Direct grant
    01 Aug 2021: Applied for 887 visa
    Currently Waiting for PR grant

• mayz0519mayz0519 Singapore
    Hello, guys! Anyone from SG planning to move to AU? Nasa anong phase na po kaayo? Start palang ako. Will be having my IELTS next week. Medyo kinakabahan Kasi first timer and Ang taas Ng score na dapat makuha.

Nag back read po ako sa mga comments dito, very helpful po talaga. Let's keep this thread alive!!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5&6

• nissde86nissde86 singapore
    edited December 2018
    ish_30 said:

@nissde86 Hi have you considered going to the 482 route? I had a problem with my score in IELTS too, pero the assessing authority gave me the certificate equivalent to ECT in AUS. They are considerate as long as you provide documents to back up your reasons why you should be accepted even without the required band score.

Hi ish_30,

Let me check the 482 route. Unfortunately di na meet ni misis ang required score sa IELTS. I asked AITSL support if they'll accept combined IELTS score answer is a Big NO. Then i checked with New Zealand Teacher Council good thing sila they accepted combined IELTS result.

We're in the midst of processing her registration sa NZ recently got a Bachelors Degree equivalent at Level 7 for her.

We still prefer AU kaya guys anyone of you tried registering in NZ as a teacher tapos nagregister sa AU and got the equivalent assessment?

A bit of google eto pa lang nakita ko need to research more.

I am registered elsewhere in Australia or New Zealand
    https://www.tqi.act.edu.au/teach-in-the-act/Professional-Registration

My wife knows the easiest way is just take IELTS again at makuha ang required score.WIP!

• Leo84Leo84 cebu
    Hi
    Good day. I am hoping to get an advice about my situation. I am alrady here in SA with visa 489, dependent. I am a teacher (18 units DPE) and have been teaching in the ph. But i can’t register through trb (teachers registration board) because they require 45 days supervised teaching which I do not have. How can I get my 45 days supervised teaching here. I know going home and finishing my DPE is an option but i dont want to go back to ph since I would be away from my kids.

Thanks in advance for the help
  • lea_in_aussielea_in_aussie Manila
    @caienri hello po mam! I read from your posts that you were granted with PR visa. Gaano po katagal ung processing ng papers? Thank you po
  • caienricaienri Sydney
    @lea_in_aussie inabot ako total ng 1.5 years
    cjpsyche007
  • sunflowersunflower Brisbane
    @Leo84
    As far as I know, the 45 days of supervised teaching requirement has no exceptions. So if you don't want to complete your DPE in the Philippines, alternatively, you can choose to continue your studies in Australia. Perhaps they might recognise your prior learning in some of the courses that you have already completed. Good luck!

@lea_in_aussie
    Usually, it's the collection and completion of the requirements that would take a long time. Once you have lodged your application, it doesn't take a long time unless there are complications. In my case, for example, I submitted my application in September and then I received the visa grant in December of the same year. Good luck with the process!
    Junnie

EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER (ANZSCO 241111)

11/Apr/15: IELTS-IDP AU (L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7.5, S: 8.0)
    14/May/15: Lodged AITSL Application
    14/Jul/15: Positive Assessment from AITSL
    24/Jul/15: Submitted EOI (60 pts.)
    6/Sep/15: Received ITA
    19/Sep/15: Lodged Visa 189
    16/Oct/15: Lodged documents for Teacher Registration
    27/Oct/15: CO Allocated (Team Adelaide)
    10/Dec/15: Visa Grant :)
    12/Feb/16: Became a Registered Teacher in QLD
    5/Jun/16: Big Move to Oz!
    11/Jun/16: Hired as a Kindergarten Teacher

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• Leo84Leo84 cebu
  • RodenRoden Bohol
    edited January 2019
    @sunflower Hello po.. I am a graduate of Bachelor in Secondary Education with 50 days of Supervised Teaching. And so, I am confident that I will have a positive assessment with AITSL nominating the SOL Seondary School Teacher. I will be submitting my 3 yr skilled employment also to claim points.
    In my first year of teaching, I was assigned in the College of Arts and Sciences wherein I handled College students and also had Senior highschool classes kasi transitioning yon ng K12 curriculum. Sa Second year ko po in teaching, na assign na ako talaga sa Senior High School department kasi halos kunti nlng load sa college. And on my third year sa trabaho, binalik na rin ako ng University sa college kasi full swing na ang new first year students natin sa bagong curriculum.. Ang malaking tanong ko po is, Can i claim points on my 3-yr teaching experience ??? Can it be it considered related to my nominated occupation?? Pls enlighten me and I appreciate ur help and guidance on what to do here. Yong points don sana ang hahatak sa akin para eligible for invitation.
    @Roden
    Hello! Yes, I believe you should be able to claim 5 points for overseas employment.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• dhredhre Phil.
    @ish_30
    Hello there,just want to.ask about the.assessing body where you had your educ.assessement.I also didn't achieve my band score but I want to try to be assessed.and whtat are the docs that you submitted.thank.you
  • mayz0519mayz0519 Singapore
    @dhre Hi, I'll try to answer po your question.

AITSL is the assessing body for teachers. You can check more info po sa website nila.
    https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia

With regards to IELTS, you must get the required band score: S-8, L-8, R-7, W-7 for your request to be processed. As far as I know, yan po ang number one na dapat gawin at dapat i.achieve.

Same with you, I also didn't get the band score needed. Kinapos po ako ng .5 sa writing kaya mag reretake po ako next month.

Kaya po natin 'to! Let's keep the faith! :)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5&6

• RodenRoden Bohol
    edited February 2019
    @sunflower.. Thank you thank you.. Atleast merong hope pa ako sa overseas experience na points ko.
    Si IELTs nlng tatrabahuin natin 8 in all bands hehe Para ma maximize score sa english test
    @Roden
    Practice, practice and practice! Kaya yan! Good luck. :)

@sunflower @caienri thank you for your reply

I'm currently teaching overseas and struggling to get band 7 for writing..lagi na lang pong 6.5 :( i'm so excited to go to aussie pero ielts ang problem :(
  • caienricaienri Sydney
    @lea_in_aussie i have a friend 2 years na xa nag tatry. More than 10 attempts na ata xa but she’s still trying. She’s Chinese nga pala and writing lang din yung problema. Mag check ka online ng mga tips sa writing - vocab, grammar, tenses, topic flow, etc. Know your weakness and I’m sure, makukuha mo rin. 0.5 lang, kaya yan!!!
    cjpsyche007
    @caienri thank you for your encouraging words..opo try and try until i get band 7 in writing.

Gòod luck to your aussie adventure and God bless
  • RodenRoden Bohol
    Pag nakakuha ng score sa ielts 8877 SLWR tapos yan ipapasa sa AITSl. After a positive or suitable assessment from Aitsl,
    Okay lng ba PTE ang gamitin sa EOI para ma maximize ang score sa English test points?
    Kapag IELts kasi is dapat 8 lahat para makuha yong superior highest points. Kaya im thinking of taking PTE kasi easier daw sya.

Siyempre yong ielts na 8877 gagamitin lng for aitsl assessment. Ok lng ba PtE sa EOI?
    @Roden
    Magkaibang process naman yung application for migration/eoi and application for AITSL, so there should be no issues there!

• RodenRoden Bohol
    edited February 2019
    @sunflower thank you madam. Apart from that, gusto ko rin mag take ng NAATI CCL test para may additional 5 points. Sino nakapag try na ng NAATI test dito?
  • aris09aris09 Saudi Arabia
    Good day po. Frist time to post.Meron po ba rito na nakapag-apply/nag-aapply ng 489 visa na ang profession ay 242211 Vocational Education Teacher (Non-Trades)? Salamat po
  • dianesulayaodianesulayao Philippines
    edited March 2019
    Good day po!

I’m new to this forum and I would like to ask for your help for enlightenment since I noticed that you’ve helped quite a lot of people :)

I’m a Psychology graduate and my sister will sponsor me; she’s living in WA.

My work experiences are in HR (which is not included in family sponsored 489 visa).

That’s why I’m planning to work muna dito sa Philippines as SPED teacher for like 2 years for experience since SPED teacher is included in 489 subclass.

My questions are:
    1. Accepted ba ang Psychology degree ko sa 489 visa kung mag apply ako for SPED teacher sa Aus?
    2. If hindi accepted ang degree ko, may alternative ba, like ok na ba kung mag take na lang ako ng teaching units? Or diploma, etc.?
    3. My partner’s occupation is included in 489 family sponsored visa. Pwede bang yung partner ko ang i-sponsor ng kapatid ko? (Just in case hindi pasok qualifications ko).

Please help, I am so confused. Your answers are very much appreciated!
    Hello everyone! Tanong lang kung sa tingin nyo pag 65 points e mabibigyan ng invitation or ipush dapat na 70 points? Ielts ang sagot :) thanks
  • filsgozfilsgoz Melbourne
    Hi @dianesulayao

Answers below

My questions are:

1. Accepted ba ang Psychology degree ko sa 489 visa kung mag apply ako for SPED teacher sa Aus?

Nope, psychologist is not an initial teaching education program.

3. If hindi accepted ang degree ko, may alternative ba, like ok na ba kung mag take na lang ako ng teaching units? Or diploma, etc.?

It should be a bachelors or a masters degree in teaching (ece, primary, secondary). PRC license is required.

5. My partner’s occupation is included in 489 family sponsored visa. Pwede bang yung partner ko ang i-sponsor ng kapatid ko? (Just in case hindi pasok qualifications ko).

what's your partner's occupation?

Gday!

• Roze15Roze15 Cebu
    @sunflower how to apply po and what are the requirements needed.. Thanks in advance.
  • Jas09Jas09 Philippines
    edited June 2019
    Good day! I'm new to this group I just want to know if it is possible to be a teacher in au even tho I didnt finish my study there? I am a graduate of bsed here in ph and I've been teaching in a public hs here for 5yrs now. I've been backreading a lot but I'm still a bit confused TIA
  • ickasantosickasantos Philippines
    Hello!

I’ve been back reading some of the comments in this discussion and have found very useful information for when I start my application for an Australian visa. I initially wanted to go through a migration agent but my cousin advised me to just do it on my own.

She first told me to get my skills assessed and that led me to AISTL. The website is pretty straightforward and initially I thought that I could have myself assessed as an early childhood or primary school teacher. I’ve been teaching for 17 years now and most of my experience is teaching kids from 0-5 and 8-12 years of age. The thing is my undergrad degrees are BSEd and AB Psychology and my professional license indicates that I am a Secondary School Teacher.

Would it be best if I choose for my occupation the Secondary School Teacher since my credentials (diploma, transcript and PRC license) indicate that or should I go for Early Childhood/Primary?

Also, did anyone encounter any problems with visa processing because their education degree and work experience are only similarly matched and not exactly matched? In my case BSEd degree but work experience is in the younger years.

Hope you can help me out. Thanks!
  • ickasantosickasantos Philippines
    Hello @caienri

Kailangan ba mag match yung Skills Assessment mo and yung skilled employment statement? In my case kasi BSE yung degree ko but my employment history is in middle school (10 years) and early childhood (6 years)
  • caienricaienri Sydney
    @ickasantos if Secondary Ed ang aapplyan mo
    I think they will consider your middle school work experience
    But ano mas recent mo n experience?
    In favour dn sau coz maximum points ang mkukuha mo for 8+ years kesa sa 6 lng.