Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Defacto (same sex) dilemma

12346»

Comments

• alexsiosonalexsioson Dubai
    Share ko lang our Journey (Sana makatulong)... we got our visa yesterday as PR Visa 189 (w/ same sex defacto partner; partida pa kasi di pa sila annulled but we were able to prove that our relationship is for the long term; also naisama pa namin sa application 2 kids ng partner ko)... medyo napatagal lang before grant, in the end... na-grant din, Finally! Thank You Lord!!!... I am happy to say that pro-LGBT talaga ang Australia. I am PROUD to be one... Maybe I am here to attest to the fact that there's always hope no matter how tough/strict the policies or requirements for PLU. I will be glad to help to the best that I can and give advice to those who needs my little know-how on this journey. God Bless us All! :)

Jan 2014 - Started gathering docs and contacted a MARA Agent
    Feb 2014 - Completed CDR and notarized docs in Oz c/o MARA Agent
    May 17, 2014 - IELTS #1 GT Result [L-7.5, R-5.5, W-8.0, S-7.0]
    July 19, 2014 - IELTS #2 GT Result [L-7.0, R-6.0, W-7.0, S-7.0]
    Aug 05, 2014 - Submitted docs to EA for Skills Assessment (c/o MARA Agent)
    Aug 07, 2014 - EA deducted fee from credit card... 16 weeks waiting game begins... #patienceisavirtue :)
    Nov. 01, 2014 - IELTS #3 GT Result [L-7.5, R-6.0, W-7.0, S-7.0]
    Dec. 06, 2014 - IELTS #4 ACA Result [L-8.0, R-6.0, W-6.5, S-7.0]
    Mar. 04, 2015 - Received EA Positive Skills Assessment Result, CHEMICAL ENGINEER - Thank You Lord & Praise God! :)
    Mar. 16, 2016 - PTE #1 ACA Result [L-78, R-60, W-83, S-75]
    Apr. 23, 2016 - PTE #2 ACA Result [L-65, R-62, W-62, S-66]
    Dec. 03, 2016 - PTE #3 ACA Result [L-63, R-73, W-75, S-58]
    Dec. 17, 2016 - PTE #4 ACA Result [L-78, R-84, W-88, S-75]... Finally!!! Thank You Lord & Praise God! :)
    Dec. 19, 2016 - EOI Updated by MARA Agent for 189-65 Pts., 190-70Pts.
    Dec. 21, 2016 - Received ITA for 189 Visa - Thank You & Praise God! :)
    Feb. 8, 2017 - Lodged 189 Visa Application.
    Feb. 6, 2017 - NBI Appointment, Finger-printing. Got Hit!
    Feb. 13, 2017 - NBI released after 7 days.
    Feb. 14, 2017 - NBI uploaded by agent.
    Feb. 16, 2017 - Medicals Done @ Dubai London Clinic, Jumeirah Branch.
    Feb. 16, 2017 - CO Contact - Acknowledgement of a valid application for an additional applicant(s) for Skilled -
    Independent (subclass 189) visa has been assessed as valid.
    Feb. 21, 2017 - 1st CO Contact - Asking for Evidence of employment - updated employment reference and additional evidence of income for entire claimed period of employment. For De-Facto Partner, Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner and Evidence that your relationship has ended with your former spouse or de facto partner.
    Mar. 1, 2017 - Submitted required documents by CO.
    Mar. 21, 2017 - Submitted same address billing statement, joint property investment (condo unit) and most recent photo compilation as defacto evidence.
    Mar. 28, 2017 - Submitted partner's ex-spouse stat dec as further evidence for end of relationship.
    March 30, 2017 - 2nd CO Contact - Asking for CTC Birth Certificates of Partner's two kids and to be sent for medical assessments.
    May 25, 2017 - 3nd CO Contact - Medical referrals of my defacto's two kids provided by DIBP.
    May 27, 2017 - Done with the kids' medicals. Immediately the 2 yr. old boy was cleared.
    May 30, 2017 - The 5 yr. old girl was cleared.
    May 30, 2017 - Agent informed DIBP that their request has been actioned.
    Sept. 4, 2017 - Grant with IED Dec. 21, 2017 - Thank you Lord & Praise God! :)
    Nov. 2-10, 2017 - IED Fulfilled then Back to UAE again! (Ipon-Ipon Muna before BM! To Your Glory, Lord! In Jesus Name, Amen!)
    March, 2019 - BM Plan! God be with Us... To His Glory, Always & Forever... Amen. :)

• reonhreonh 560422
    Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here. I hope someone can shed some light in our application. My partner and I are based in Singapore and decided to migrate to AU. My partner will be the primary applicant because her occupation fall under the subclass 189. Because it's a same sex relationship, is it advisable to hire an agent to process our application? or can we do it on our own? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!
  • Hunter_08Hunter_08 Adelaide
    @reonh I think base sa mga nababasa ko dito no need to hire agent.. kaya niyo naman e process on your own yung application nyo.. I think it will be the same procedure ang dagdag lang is you have to provide proofs na mag partner na kayo for at least a year. like joint bank account, picture, travels mga ganun.

Apr 26, 2013 ACS Result- Suitable
    Feb 21,2013 Submitted ACS online assessment - Software Tester

May 9, 2016 PTE Exam Result L/R/S/W- 71/69/83/72 Passed Thank you Papa Jesus
    Aug 18,2016 ACS Result- Suitable -Software Engineer
    Aug 19, 2016 Lodged EOI for subclass 190
    July 13, 2017 Lodged EOI and Submitted Application for subclass 489
    Aug 12, 2017 ITA Received
    Aug 25,2017 Scheduled Medical Test
    Aug 28, 2017 Medical Cleared(No Action Required)
    Aug 30, 2017 NBI Clearance PH
    Sept 15, 2017 SG COC Fingerprint and Collection
    Sept 20, 2017 Visa Lodge
    Nov 1, 2017 CO Contact (Requesting to Send PTE Score Report to DIBP which I already did before)

Mar 6, 2018 Visa Grant

Visa 887 Timeline

July 25, 2020 Visa Lodge
    Oct 12, 2020 Visa Grant

Citizenship Timeline
    July 4, 2022 Submitted Citizenship Application
    Dec 21, 2022 Invitation for Exam(Need to reschedule the exam)
    Feb 21, 2023 Citizenship Exam
    April 3, 2023 Received Approval Letter
    June 22, 2023 Citizenship Ceremony

*****Dream big, think positive and Pray to God*****

• reonhreonh 560422
    @Hunter_08 thank you po. ung mga COE sa previous company sa pinas, required po ba tlga un?
    @reonh yup mostly likely need mo lahat ng COE,payslip,contract,ITR mo from your previous companies. pati din yung dto sa SG compay mo.

Sept 20, 2017 Visa Lodge
    Nov 1, 2017 CO Contact (Requesting to Send PTE Score Report to DIBP which I already did before)

Mar 6, 2018 Visa Grant

Visa 887 Timeline

July 25, 2020 Visa Lodge
    Oct 12, 2020 Visa Grant

Citizenship Timeline

• reonhreonh 560422
    @Hunter_08 thank u so much po for the info :) first time kc mag apply hehe
    @reonh no worries. tanong ka lang if ever madaming sasagot dito..

Sept 20, 2017 Visa Lodge

Mar 6, 2018 Visa Grant

Visa 887 Timeline

July 25, 2020 Visa Lodge
    Oct 12, 2020 Visa Grant

Citizenship Timeline

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    @reonh this all depends on you. Hiring an agent is not required but more an option. Yes, makakatipid ka if you do it on your own. Some engage an agent for the peace of mind. From my personal migration journey, I tried both DIY and agent. DIY ako when I applied for student and tourist visas. Pero nung PR stage na, I attempted a DIY pero I realised ang daming policies na kailangan malaman and they constantly change. Also, I felt the more information I gather the confusing it was. I wasn't even sure if what I know was the updated one. Luckily, I found an agent in Sydney na super mura Lang so I decided to hire her services. And the rest was history after that. I totally understand those who process their application on their own kasi nga mas nakakatipid pero I also understand the value of having an agent (one of the reasons why I ended up being one)because I've experienced the journey myself. The thing about agent fees, unfortunately marami ang namamantala. Kahit dito sa UK, ang taas ng fees which sickens me because I'm a living proof na agents don't need to be too expensive but just fair with their fees since from my own experience I found one. Look around as well, check www.mara.gov.au if you want to shop around for agents. There are also those who will take cases for review lang, meaning check nila yung prinepare mo if all good before lodging it. Good luck!
  • subersibo23subersibo23 UAE
    Hello guys. Nalilito ako sa dami ng gagawin if I am planning to migrate to Australia. Here's my situation:

1. Isa akong chemical engineer na may 6 years experience sa Pilipinas at almost 2 years sa Dubai.

2. Ako and ang partner ko are planning to migrate to Australia and I am looking for ways kung paano ako makakapagsimula sa mga kailangan kong gawin.

3. Una kong plan is ako muna ako pupunta sa Australia, and then pag may work na ako, saka ko siya kukunin from Dubai. Then nakita ko itong thread na to, kaya ako nalito.

4. Sa tingin nyo po, alin ang mas magandang way? Mag-apply kaming dalawa or ako muna? Yung partner ko is Business Management graduate and 4 years na kaming in a relationship. Almost 2 years na kaming nandito sa Dubai, and nakatira kami sa iisang bahay.

Maraming salamat po sa mga sasagot.
    @subersibo23 you're better off including her in your visa application as dependent. That way, you can move together and she'll have same visa as you. I do have cases of same sex relationship applying for permanent visa.
    @RheaMARN1171933 Thanks sa reply. Ano ang difference ng PR sa Visa 189? Parehas lang ba sya? I am planning to apply this year. Tatapusin ko lang ang contract ko sa Dubai, then magmigrate kami by this year din sana.
    PR means permanent visa. 189 visa is an example of a permanent visa. I'm not sure if you've done enough research already but timeline for applying for visa from start to finish is 12 months or more. So the sooner you get things started, the sooner you'll get there. What's your occupation? Be mindful that major changes in policies and occupation lists happen every year in July. If you're occupation is on the list now it doesn't follow it will still be there in July. I always tell clients to get started sooner rather than later or risk the possibility of missing out on opportunities due to changes in policy.
    @RheaMARN1171933 Hi. TBH, no research done yet. Chemical engineer ako, by the way. Last year pa ako naghahanap ng work sa Australia so I can have a sponsorship instead. Kaso, employers want me to be there already for the interview. Kaya magaapply na lang ako ng visa para makapunta.
    @subersibo23 you're better off applying on your own then getting a sponsor. I always tell my clients this. Luckily wala ka nahanap before otherwise if you're in Australia na you may be one of those stuck dahil they recently changed the rules in sponsorship visa wherein it won't be a pathway for migration anymore.

This forum is a good source of info but just be careful with what advice you will take in for yourself. Each case is very individual and what applies to one doesn't mean it applies to all. From my personal experience on my Australian journey which was many years ago, the more you know about the process, the more confusing it could get. I ended up using an agent since I didn't want to make a mistake which could make my application messy - ending up wasting more time and money. Anyway, due to my experience, it inspired me to study Australian immigration law so I can be qualified to assist others too and promised myself I won't be one of those many agents who take advantage of those pursuing their Australian dream by charging too much.

Anyway, get things started na ASAP before you miss out on your chances. Good luck!
  • ldrrelationshipldrrelationship milano
    hi po.
    mag apply po yung partner ko for 189 at balak niya na din ako isama yung application ko. Same sex couple po kami. my joint account na po kami pero LDR kami,nsa Italy ako sya nasa Pinas. Based sa mga nababasa ko po dto,needed talaga na live in? o my iba pede ipasa to prove na couple talaga kami?

thank you po sa mga sasagot.
  • MiaMia NZ
    @ldrrelationship you need to provide evidence that you have compelling reasons to be apart. Hindi kailangan live in for the whole duration of the relationship but must have for a time and may evidence. Hindi po pwede yung gf-gf or bf-bf lang.
  • chewychewy Singapore
    Hi po. My partner and I are gathering docs to prove our de facto relationship for 190 visa application. We have been living in the same flat since early last year pero wala kaming tenancy agreement so magpapagawa sana kami ng statement from the landlord na we are his tenants. San po pwedeng makakuha ng format for the statement/declaration? I have a rough idea, but just want to make sure that I cover all the bases before we send him a draft. Salamat po for your time.
    @chewy tenancy agreement isn’t the only way to prove co-habitation. You can also provide bills showing the same address for both of you.
  • chewychewy Singapore
    @RheaMARN1171933 Hi po, thanks for your reply.
  • hersheythegreathersheythegreat Philippines
    @chewy hi, I know someone who didn't have a rental agreement but was able to get a grant. Kaso they were living with the girl's parents and yung parents nagbigay ng statement na they were indeed living together.

Master of International Hospitality Management

January 20, 2018 - IELTS Exam
    February 2, 2018 - Exam Results (L: 8 R: 7 W: 7 S: 8.5 OVERALL 7.5)
    October 22, 2018 - Sent Applications to ECU, LCB, & Griffith Uni
    November 1 - Received offer letter & scholarship from ECU
    November 8 - Received offer from Griffith University (w/ schoalrship
    November 19 - Received offer letter from Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide
    November 25 - Accepted ECU Offer
    December 3 - Paid for Tuition
    December 4 - Paid OSHC ($6k+)
    December 6 - Received COE
    January 7 - Lodged our Visa

• cherfurtcherfurt Perth
    Hi all! My girlfriend's visa just got granted today so I just wanted to share our journey hoping to help others out there din who's going through this whole process.

My girlfriend and I applied for a student visa. I am the primary applicant whereas she, was my dependent. Unfortunately during our first application, I was the only one who got the visa grant. Bale narefuse po sya. The reason was hindi nasatisfy yung CO sa proof namin. But in reality, may mali kasi kami dun. We have a joint account kaso imbes na bank STATEMENT ipinasa namin, bank CERTIFICATE lang po pinasa namin. Yun yung major cause ng refusal. According sa refusal letter, need daw makita na we have the account for atleast a year and gusto din makita ng CO na may mga transactions kami sa account na yun.

So we reapplied. Although hindi agad agad kasi we wanted to make sure na we have the complete documents.

Below were the documents we sent nung first application namin:

1. Apartment lease (2 years worth)
    2. Bank certificate
    3. statement from friends and family (by family I meant side lang nya kasi hindi kami legal sa side ko)
    4. Photos of us, mga 20 pages to
    5. Letters, tickets, hotel receipts, and utility bills
    6. Brgy. Clearance
    7. Drivers license showing na we are each other's emergency contact.

Bale within 24 hours from lodging our first application, lumabas agad results. Ako granted, sya refused. So we asked our agent ulit kung ano pa pwede gawin. He said we can reapply, we just needed to provide more proof. So it took us four months to gather everything.

Below were the additional documents we sent during my girlfriend's SECOND APPLICATION:

1. Statement from family (my side naman this time. So yes, nag come out ang ate nyo for the sake of my girlfriend's visa)
    2. SPA for the car na we have been using. (nakapangalan kasi sa dad ng jowa ko yung car kaya we needed an SPA)
    3. BANK CERTIFICATE AND STATEMENT (minakesure namin na naibigay na namin to)
    4. Proof of funds worth Php 2.1M (1.6 lang nirequire ni agent pero dinagdagan namin just to be sure)

Bale timeline nung second application is:

June 4 - Lodging of Visa
    June 17 - Visa Grant <3
    July - Lipad ni jowa pa Australia

Have faith lang mga kalahi, everything will work out in God's time. Happy pride month everyone <3
    @chewy basically you need to satisfy minimum 12 months of cohabitation - as mentioned, tenancy agreement isn’t the only way to prove this. Also you need to prove there is interdependence between the two of you - socially, within the household, financially and emotionally. Good luck.
  • chewychewy Singapore
    @hersheythegreat thanks for the info. :) Meron din kaming bills showing the same address kaya lang late kami nagupdate ng address kaya the period of living together will be much shorter if based lang dun. Pero I might use the sample you sent me to help me draft a statement from the landlord. Salamat. :)
  • chewychewy Singapore
    @RheaMARN1171933 thank you po! the bills we have will satisfy the 12 months of cohabitation naman, we just wanted to bolster our claim with a statement from the landlord para sure. :) nakalagay din po sa personal statements namin yung interdependence between us as a couple, plus bank statements na rin. thank you po for the advise! :)
    @chewy that’s the right way to go. I always advice my clients to provide as much documents as possible - more is better than less. Good luck.
  • kamoteuglz_07kamoteuglz_07 Singapore
    hello po sa mga na approve na: hhingi po sna ng advise. we are preparing all documents pra po sa visa application nmin ng partner ko, ngclaim po kmi ng points nia anu po mga mga documents dpat need? maraming salamats po sa sasagot
  • hersheythegreathersheythegreat Philippines

@cherfurt said:

Hi all! My girlfriend's visa just got granted today so I just wanted to share our journey hoping to help others out there din who's going through this whole process.

My girlfriend and I applied for a student visa. I am the primary applicant whereas she, was my dependent. Unfortunately during our first application, I was the only one who got the visa grant. Bale narefuse po sya. The reason was hindi nasatisfy yung CO sa proof namin. But in reality, may mali kasi kami dun. We have a joint account kaso imbes na bank STATEMENT ipinasa namin, bank CERTIFICATE lang po pinasa namin. Yun yung major cause ng refusal. According sa refusal letter, need daw makita na we have the account for atleast a year and gusto din makita ng CO na may mga transactions kami sa account na yun.

So we reapplied. Although hindi agad agad kasi we wanted to make sure na we have the complete documents.

Below were the documents we sent nung first application namin:

1. Apartment lease (2 years worth)
    2. Bank certificate
    3. statement from friends and family (by family I meant side lang nya kasi hindi kami legal sa side ko)
    4. Photos of us, mga 20 pages to
    5. Letters, tickets, hotel receipts, and utility bills
    6. Brgy. Clearance
    7. Drivers license showing na we are each other's emergency contact.

Bale within 24 hours from lodging our first application, lumabas agad results. Ako granted, sya refused. So we asked our agent ulit kung ano pa pwede gawin. He said we can reapply, we just needed to provide more proof. So it took us four months to gather everything.

Below were the additional documents we sent during my girlfriend's SECOND APPLICATION:

1. Statement from family (my side naman this time. So yes, nag come out ang ate nyo for the sake of my girlfriend's visa)
    2. SPA for the car na we have been using. (nakapangalan kasi sa dad ng jowa ko yung car kaya we needed an SPA)
    3. BANK CERTIFICATE AND STATEMENT (minakesure namin na naibigay na namin to)
    4. Proof of funds worth Php 2.1M (1.6 lang nirequire ni agent pero dinagdagan namin just to be sure)

Bale timeline nung second application is:

June 4 - Lodging of Visa
    June 17 - Visa Grant <3
    July - Lipad ni jowa pa Australia

Have faith lang mga kalahi, everything will work out in God's time. Happy pride month everyone <3

Master of International Hospitality Management

January 20, 2018 - IELTS Exam
    February 2, 2018 - Exam Results (L: 8 R: 7 W: 7 S: 8.5 OVERALL 7.5)
    October 22, 2018 - Sent Applications to ECU, LCB, & Griffith Uni
    November 1 - Received offer letter & scholarship from ECU
    November 8 - Received offer from Griffith University (w/ schoalrship
    November 19 - Received offer letter from Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide
    November 25 - Accepted ECU Offer
    December 3 - Paid for Tuition
    December 4 - Paid OSHC ($6k+)
    December 6 - Received COE
    January 7 - Lodged our Visa