Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Some Job Hunting Tips

Comments

• tokingtoking Woolloongabba
    pasend din po sakin..laking tulong nyan..salamat po... [email protected]

16 Apr 2014 - Wife application for ACS assessment (Software Engineer)
    02 Jun 2014 - received ACS favorable letter
    10 Jul 2014 - IELTS exam
    24 Jul 2014 - IELTS result received
    27 Jul 2014 - EOI filed (also uploaded wife's ultrasound coz she's pregnant)
    28 Aug 2014 - DIBP invitation to apply received
    03 Oct 2014 - Lodged Visa application
    29 Oct 2014 - submitted NBI clearances to migration agent
    14 Nov 2014 - Applied for Japanese Police Clearance (2months waiting time)
    03 Dec 2014 - CO allocated. Required us to submit medicals and police clearances
    05 Dec 2014 - Medical exams for me and daughter completed @ St. Luke's BGC
    24 Jan 2015 - Wife gave birth to our 2nd baby
    05 Feb 2015 - Wife's medical exam completed (x-ray of wife was deferred until after she gave birth)
    25 Feb 2015 - Received new passport and NSO birth certificate of our new baby
    02 Mar 2015 - Completed medical exam of our 2nd baby
    17 Apr 2015 - Visa grant
    ?? May 2015 - Fly to Toowoomba Queensland

• athenalady14athenalady14 Sydney
    I am an HR professional back in the Philippines and I am also having difficulty finding a job. So, I tried this unpaid work experience program and I am doing HR function particularly recruitment.This is what I noticed and herein some tips I can give.

1. I myself is not particular with the cover letter. I looked in to the experience and educational background. Most Aussies do not have University degrees but they have certificates/and or diploma courses. So it is important that you take any recognized Australian training/education because of the different legislations in here.

2. Make sure that your that your job description is in line with what is posted in the ad (as much as possible use wordings that are quite similar to the post). You can also adjust you job title and just make sure your referee knows about it.

3. I noticed that as new migrants our resume appears to be complicated as compared to the Aussies? Depending on the job you are applying, but most cvs of new migrants looks overwhelming and intimidating.

4. As long as you have the right skills, related work experience and education I am sure you will get an interview. Coming from the same industry is a plus.

Hope this will help.

• kcatacutankcatacutan Sydney
    hello po thanks po sa advice! pasend din po ng aussie format na cv and cover letter - [email protected] thanks po! God bless!
  • snihedsnihed Adelaide
    hello pashare din po ng cv at cover letter format sa [email protected]. maraming salamat!
  • SeraphSeraph Melbourne
    Hi everyone, ishare ko lang po some tips during job haunting stage which I hope makatulong kahit konti. We arrived here end of June and luckily (Thanks to God Almighty) landed a job two days ago (30 July). Struggle din I have family na rin and may kontin lang baon, pero tyaga and continues prayers and self esteem and of course support from our fellow members special mention @ringo, thanks very much sir for inspiration.

First of all take the advantage of attending the Skills for All seminar free of charge held by the Australian Government, every other Tuesday of the month po ito. Sa Adelaide po sa 55 Currie St. po ito, dalhin nyo po credentials nyo (originals) like Diploma and Transcript at kung principal applicant, yung Assessment Results nyo. Malaki po naitulong sa atin para mas mapansin yung resume nyo with proper "Aussie" style resume and importantly cover letter. After revising my resume based on their standards and guidelines mas napansin mga application ko, got some phone interviews and the best part is the chance to come into their office for face to face interview.

Yung format po ng cover letter at resume is easier to read and eye catching. Iwasan po natin and "generic type" talagang tyagain natin, bawat job description i-taylor made natin cover letter and resume para match. Gawa kayo templates then folder and Save As lang into folder for each application (like for example Sys Ad_Company Name_Date) para may tracking din tayo para sa mga follow-up calls, it does not have to be fully customised basta yung essential requirements magappear in desirable order sa resume and cover letter pero honest din dapat kasi sa interview kelangan mailaborate mo yun. Importate rin po and Referrals, dapat contactable sila and will provide positive feedback about you. Just PM me if you want a copy of my sample cover and resume..

Second, as per dun sa advice nung naghost ng seminar, job haunting is a Full time job, consider it as 9-5 job. Medyo depressing at times, kasi nauubos resources natin pero I did not know na aside from websites such as seek.com.au or careerone.com.au pwede rin mag cold-canvassing sa mga companies dito sa Aus. Sa Advertiser newspaper during Wednesday and Thursdays. You can apply for unlimited internet like dodo para mas cost effective.

Third, makipagnetworking po tayo sa fellow kababayans na mamimeet natin, like for example we meet in the malls, fast food, church...kunin natin phone number and email if possible.

Lastly, prayers lang po...everything is possible with Him. Wag po tayo papatalo sa depression and anxiety, we're here for a purpose and di tayo dadalhin dito if He does not have good plans for us.

Good luck to everyone and never give up!!!

God Bless.
    Hi Sir @ruelcortez_BH, may I know kung pano kayo nakakuha ng info on the free government sponsored seminars for jobseekers? I'm actually based in melbourne so i tried to simply google free seminars offered by the victorian government for jobseekers pero wala among makita e. I hope you can help me sa paghanap ng tamang site/organozation para mama-avail ako nitong fee seminars. many thanks!
  • steve211steve211 Perth
    pa send din po ng sample ng australian style cv .. [email protected] thanks po.
  • gidiyapgidiyap manila
    edited December 2014
    @admin, @ruelcorteBH was last active September pa.. any chance you can check for his sample CV in the system para mashare natin sa lahat po? salamat po. :)
  • jeckeljeckel Singapore
    @ruelcortez_BH sir pasend din po ng CV at cover letter. regards. [email protected]
  • ruelcortez_BHruelcortez_BH Sydney
    hi everyone, Happy New Year and wishing this 2015 will be a blessed one for the rest of us. Apologies for a very delayed response, medyo naging busy po sa work and I forgot my password here at pinoyau he he, missed you all guys, nasend ko na po sa mga ngpm sa akin yung Aussie style cv and cover letter. Dun po sa mga nagcomment on this post requesting a copy you can email directly at [email protected] para mas quick response...Good luck everyone and God Bless Always.

27 June 2014 - Touch down Land Down Under

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." - Proverbs 16:3

Just like to add din po even though we always receive advices na don't rely on head hunters on a positive note malaki po maitutulong nila. If they post something on seek.com.au apply online and call them afterwards saying that you have submitted your application. Don't wait for their updates, call them at least once a week and ask for updates, they can tell na may perseverance ka sa application. By the way, minsan po may nakikita tayo na Expressions of Interest for a certain job position, provisioned lang po ito ng isang agency just in case may maingalngan na client na nila, but this is really worth an option. Some companies might require a reliever for a month or more kung sakali may magleave sa kanila.. Yung pong mga bago lang ask for an appointment or brief meeting (person to person) from a recruiter its better than on phone/email, from this perspective mas makikkita nila yung communication skills nyo and other strong points.. Good luck everyone...

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." - Proverbs 16:3

• lolacarlotalolacarlota Mandaluyong
    hello!
    meron po ba ditong thru agency ang application sa australia? i'm a civil engineer here in the Phils and target ko na makapagwork sa au this 2015. baka po may maishare kayo.
    Thank you in advance
    sa mga nagemail po requesting ng sample copy of my cv and cover letter, I have responded back now, sorry got busy.

Yung pong nagask regarding sa free seminar held ng government, lahat po halos ng state sa Aus meron nun, yung keyword po natin is Skills for All sa google. You have to visit their local office and ask for an appointment. Initially, you can also have your credentials, skills and qualifications assessed by them then you can ask for the SKills for All seminar for new migrants, two parts po ito, first yung resume and cover letter making and strategy sa pag analyse ng job posting then matching it against your CV. I remember the word "key words" sa job description = your CV and cover letter. Second part yung interview tips and negotiation. Again, bring all your credentials (Originals they have photocopier).

No. 1 din mostly sa interviewers yung communication skills, di bale ng medyo lack tayo technically as long naiintindan ka nila at sila, we can express ourself clearly and speak loudly, practice listening Aussie terms at times. No. 2 yung interpersonal and behavioural skills kasama na attitude, kaya pansin nyo sa CV never dapat mawala eto 2 skills na to. And on top of that Prayers, never fail to ask guidance from Him.

Australian CV's are very basic, but clearly laid out, organised and easy to read. Skills breakdown into three parts, 1. Interpersonal, behavioural and communication skills, 2. Technical Skills, 3. General Skills. Job description, make it brief and straightforward. Formatting and spelling is important, no tables or drawing objects, consistency on font and avoid placing numbers, invest on this part as well.

More to follow guys...

• yela4137yela4137 Quezon City
    @ruelcortez_BH, pwede bang pasend ng copy ng cover letter and resume at [email protected]? salamat :)
  • nice_guynice_guy Brisbane
    @ruelcortez_BH sir, sent you pm po. thanks!

Nominated Occupation: ANZSCO 233513 (Plant or Production Engineer)

Feb 02 2013: IELTS
    Feb 2013 to Aug 2014: Wife having second thought....
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Sept 2014: Finally decided to pursue Au dream!
    Sept 2014: Completed CDR
    Sept 25 2014: Completed documentations
    Sept 30 2014: Paper application submitted to EA thru DHL
    Oct 07 2014: AUD890 deducted from CC
    Nov 22 2014: IELTS (L8.5 R8.0 W7.5 S8.0 OBS8.0) (God is good!)

Jan 06 2015: EA assessment ETC (13 weeks)
    Feb 05 2015: Positive EA result (Thank you Lord!!!)
    Feb 13 2015: Air Mail received
    Feb 16 2015: Lodged EOI (65 pts)
    Feb 27 2015: Received invitation to lodge visa 189
    Mar 05 2015: Lodged visa 189
    Mar 05 2015: Visa payment charged in Credit Card
    Mar 06 2015: Submitted NBI, Mal & Id Police Clearance to agent
    Mar 11 2015: Submitted Form-80 to agent
    Mar 20 2015: Medical with family done in SG (Point Medical Paragon)
    Mar 25 2015: Medical result uploaded
    Mar 26 2015: SSS and PAG-IBIG uploaded
    May 07 2015: Visa Granted!!! (IED 24Mar2016)
    Jan 2016: BIG Move!!!

• jayryansantosjayryansantos Sydney
    Hi ruelcortez_BH,

Can you send me your C.V. and cover letter at [email protected]
    Thank you in advance.
  • iamperkziamperkz Sydney
    sir @ruelcortez_BH pwede pa send rin po ng copies.. thank you po and god bless!
  • rencerencerencerencerencerence Melbourne
    sir @ruelcortez_BH the first time i tried your format and i landed my job, im now entering my 7th month sa accounting firm. salamat ng marami
  • brixx89brixx89 Sydney
    sir @ruelcortez_BH pa send din po ng copy [email protected], maraming salamat..adelaide din po kami by March :)
  • whouwhou Santa Barbara
    @ruelcortez_BH
    hello po kuya
    pls pa send din po ng sample resume and cover letter sa email ko po for reference..

[email protected]

Thanks po in advance!
  • IslanderndCityIslanderndCity Adelaide
    sa mga nagemail po requesting ng sample copy of my cv and cover letter, I have responded back now, sorry got busy.

Yung pong nagask regarding sa free seminar held ng government, lahat po halos ng state sa Aus meron nun, yung keyword po natin is Skills for All sa google. You have to visit their local office and ask for an appointment. Initially, you can also have your credentials, skills and qualifications assessed by them then you can ask for the SKills for All seminar for new migrants, two parts po ito, first yung resume and cover letter making and strategy sa pag analyse ng job posting then matching it against your CV. I remember the word "key words" sa job description = your CV and cover letter. Second part yung interview tips and negotiation. Again, bring all your credentials (Originals they have photocopier).

No. 1 din mostly sa interviewers yung communication skills, di bale ng medyo lack tayo technically as long naiintindan ka nila at sila, we can express ourself clearly and speak loudly, practice listening Aussie terms at times. No. 2 yung interpersonal and behavioural skills kasama na attitude, kaya pansin nyo sa CV never dapat mawala eto 2 skills na to. And on top of that Prayers, never fail to ask guidance from Him.

Australian CV's are very basic, but clearly laid out, organised and easy to read. Skills breakdown into three parts, 1. Interpersonal, behavioural and communication skills, 2. Technical Skills, 3. General Skills. Job description, make it brief and straightforward. Formatting and spelling is important, no tables or drawing objects, consistency on font and avoid placing numbers, invest on this part as well.

More to follow guys...

@ruelcortez_BH bring all original credentials? nako paano na'to, yung diploma ko both sa engineering & MBA anduun sa probinsya namin, nasa walls ng bahay, ipininagyayabang hanggang ngayon ng mga parents ko. lol! seriously, need po talaga?

Assessed Occupation: Industrial Engineer (IE 233511)
    Achieved Goal: Australia PR (Permanent Resident). Thanks God!

...sharpening my core gifts now...
    ...working on new, better goals...

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. ~Luke 6:28~

• venusdnsvenusdns Mandaluyong
    kuya pashare naman sa [email protected] ng CV and Cover letter mo. Maraming maraming Salamat!
  • graciecrazy09graciecrazy09 Melbourne
    @ruelcortez_BH pwede rin po pasend ng sample ng cv at cover letter po. [email protected] ang email add ko po. Thanks po.
  • vernelvernel Melbourne
    @ruelcortez_BH sir pasend din sa kin ng sample CV at cover letter. i'll be coming to perth this may2015. thanks! [email protected]
  • sarah_lynsarah_lyn North Ryde
    @ruelcortez_BH sir pasend din po ng CV and cover letter at [email protected]

Thanks a lot po!
    yung pong mga nagpm sa akin for sample cover letter and resume format, replied back to all na po except po dun sa mga nag provide ng email address :-( .

• iamperkziamperkz Sydney
    sir @ruelcortez_BH pa send po ng cover letter at resume format, [email protected] po.. thanks po!
  • lifenavallifenaval Melbourne
    hi sir, pa send po ng cover letter at resume format.
    [email protected]

salamat :)
  • AnduinTheLionAnduinTheLion Melbourne
    @ruelcortez_BH

hi brod ruel, makikihingi din po ako ng copy ng cover letter at cv/resume format mo. maraming salamat, God bless po. (",)

[email protected]

best regards po.
  • cristalcristal Adelaide
    edited March 2015
    Hi po @ruelcortez_BH pwede po ba mkahingi din ng sample cv format at cover letter po.
    Tnx po and more power.
    [email protected].
  • merickboymerickboy Sydney
    Hi sir @ruelcortez_BH may I ask for your sample CV format and cover letter? from Griffith NSW. going for 1 month na! badly needed. I appreciate it! God bless!!!! :) [email protected]