Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

The Aussie Dream?

Comments

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Broken link po?
  • dondon Dubai
    corrected. thanks.
  • stolich18stolich18 Sydney
    Nakakalungkot naman yung article. Di kaya case to case basis din ito? And isa pa, yung mga interviewee nila, coming from developed countries din like the UK and the US so perhaps they are somehow expecting for a lower cost of living in a sense.. hehehehe
    Pero I've heard nga from my friend who just migrated, may magsasarang bank sa AU, tapos ililipat nila dito sa Pinas. Kaya cguro babaguhin na nila yung policy with regards to GSM (EOI)... I think we really have to trust God with our desires and dreams din, so He'll bless it wherever we would like to go, settle and build a family.

261313 (Software Engineer)

Feb.15.2012 - started working on ACS requirements
    Mar.02.2012 - submitted online ACS application and sent documents to ACS via Fedex
    Mar.05.2012 - ACS acknowledged actual documents
    Mar.21.2012 - ACS finalised assessment: Suitable
    Mar.31.2012 - IELTS exam with BC
    Apr.13.2012 - IELTS Results (L:8.5 R:7 W: 7 S: 8 OB: 7.5) Thank you LORD!
    Apr.14.2012 - Lodged 175 Online Application
    Apr.20.2012 - Completed Online Attachments
    May.24.2012 - "Application being processed further"
    May.29.2012 - CO Assigned :-)
    Jun.07.2012 - Uploaded NBI Clearance
    Jun.13.2012 - Medical/Health Requirements Finalised
    Jun.14.2012 - VISA GRANT! Thank you, LORD! :-)
    Jun.07.2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    Apr.28.2013 - Initial Entry (Sydney)
    Jun.28.2013 - Verbal Job Offer (Melbourne)
    Jul.08.2013 - First day of Work and first day of child care for my son (Melbourne)
    Aug.21.2013 - First day of Work in Sydney

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3

• tootzkietootzkie Sydney
    remember pinoy tayo, WALA NANG KASINGLUNGKOT pa kapag yung mga british na nagkwento ay nasa Pinas, hahahah.

sa tindi ng pollution dito sa pinas, overcrowded, tax ng mga kawawang empleyado na napupunta sa bulsa ng mga politicians (pati nga ang nasa judicial, mga bilyonaryo na rin lol), corruption sa government offices at kung anu-ano pang problema ng pinas....

para sakin PARADISE na ang australia. hehehe.
  • stolich18stolich18 Sydney
    hehe ibang level tlg magreklamo mga briton. :p
    cge tootzkie, encourage me more.. :D ang hirap lng sa AU, wala nang helper so lahat ng chores kmi na gagawa pg nagkataon. hihihi

261313 (Software Engineer)

Feb.15.2012 - started working on ACS requirements
    Mar.02.2012 - submitted online ACS application and sent documents to ACS via Fedex
    Mar.05.2012 - ACS acknowledged actual documents
    Mar.21.2012 - ACS finalised assessment: Suitable
    Mar.31.2012 - IELTS exam with BC
    Apr.13.2012 - IELTS Results (L:8.5 R:7 W: 7 S: 8 OB: 7.5) Thank you LORD!
    Apr.14.2012 - Lodged 175 Online Application
    Apr.20.2012 - Completed Online Attachments
    May.24.2012 - "Application being processed further"
    May.29.2012 - CO Assigned :-)
    Jun.07.2012 - Uploaded NBI Clearance
    Jun.13.2012 - Medical/Health Requirements Finalised
    Jun.14.2012 - VISA GRANT! Thank you, LORD! :-)
    Jun.07.2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    Apr.28.2013 - Initial Entry (Sydney)
    Jun.28.2013 - Verbal Job Offer (Melbourne)
    Jul.08.2013 - First day of Work and first day of child care for my son (Melbourne)
    Aug.21.2013 - First day of Work in Sydney

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3

• k_mavsk_mavs Melbourne
    Hirap kasi yung mga andun sa article are all coming from a 1st world country. So they are expecting more from what they have left behind on their hometown. But coming from a person's perspective from 3rd world country Oz still a dream come true for Filipinos like us who wants to have a better life from what we have right now. Let's admit that although it is really nice if we could all stay here in the Phils. but in reality if you are not one rich people living here there is no chance that your life would be any better. You can work your heart out with nothing to receive in return. Each of us may have different experiences when we may be able to arrive in Oz. It's up to us if how we could be successful in our life that we chose to live there.
    :D

“We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer.”

• JClemJClem Melbourne
    Tama ka k_mavs! Bakit nga naman kasi from 1st world countries ang interviewees nila tas kulang ang statistics nila. They just showed the count of migrants leaving Australia. They could have made a more realistic survey to establish the main reason of repatriation and from what country these repatriates are. Hindi lang interviews and negative feedback from them. Di ba some are going back kasi retirees na sila and they want to enjoy their hard earned money sa countries nila? On a positive side, this gives new migrants more opportunities for work. If people from these first world countries find Australia a trash, it's other people's treasure. :) My two cents. :)

Nominated Occupation: Software Engineer (261313) - Husband is the primary applicant.

10.21.2012 - Arrived in Melbourne. This is the day that the Lord has made. :)
    03.26.2012 - Visa granted. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! :)
    03.23.2012 - PCC submitted and medicals finalized
    03.02.2012 - Application being processed further / CO assigned
    06.26.2011 - Lodged Visa 175 application

• heyits7me_magsheyits7me_mags Imus City
    Try to live there first before say anything...

05/17/11 - ACS favorable result released for my husband's skills assessment nominated job-261311 Analyst Programmer.
    12/10/11 - Hubby IELTS first take at BC result L & R-5.5, W & S-6.0 OBS=6.0 retake!!!
    12/30/11- Hubby registered at 9.0 Niners.
    03/15/14 - Hubby's comeback at 9.0 Niners preparing for IELTS test. Second attempt for Australian visa.
    05/12/14 - Complete uploading of ACS skills assessment required documents and payment made thru direct deposit.
    05/12/14 - ACS assessment application received.
    07/02/14 - ACS skills assessment result suitable ANZCO code 262113 Systems Administrator as recommended by CO for hubby's job description rather than ANZCO 261311 Analyst Programmer the first ACS ANZCO result suitable released in 2011. I conclude ACS reclassifies ICT Occupations.
    - Work exp. 12yrs. less 6yrs deduction by ACS.
    - Educ. Qualification assessed as AQF Associate Degree major in computing for a 4yr. course BS. Computer Science in a section 2 school.

The appreciating Aussie dollar is hurting a lot of new migrants especially those from Europe and U.S. Mas malakas yung currency nila so mas magastos...

Another is the weak retail and manufacturing industry. Unless you are in the mining / construction / healthcare / finance industry, pahirapan makahanap ng trabaho :(

For us Filipinos, we should see it as a good thing because Australia needs people in their country (big land mass, not that many people)...so that means they should take in more migrants from other countries...Their loss is our gain! :D
  • aldousnowaldousnow Sydney
    after reading the article, here's what my brother has to say who's living in australia for 5 years now.

wala yan
    yes mataas ang cost of living...pero that makes the australia strong economy..
    see whats happening s Europe and US,,,
    not all the time naman.. be wise ka lang in buying..
    look for cheaper alternative.. and you will be alright..

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)
    Nominated Occupation : Developer Programmer (261312)
    02/28/2011 - ACS Finalized the Case (261312, PIM3, Group A)
    03/07/2011 - IELTS Result Received L- 6.5, R-7.0, W-6.0, S-7.0, Overall Band Score-6.5 (BC)
    03/13/2011 - Lodged Visa Application (Online)
    11/09/2011 - CO Allocation
    12/02/2011 - Medicals Finalised
    12/02/2011 - FINISH LINE!! (Visa Grant)
    03/23/2012 - My first day @Melbourne
    04/14/2012 - Started looking for a .Net Developer job
    06/04/2012 - And finally got one! :)

• Davidx23Davidx23 Brisbane
    edited February 2012
    Yung cost of living here will only get higher. Effect ng carbon tax taas ang kuryente plus goods, effect ng flood disasters mandatory flood coverage sa insurance taas ng insurance cost kahit hindi ka affected, 2012 cut backs sa medicare baka tumaas ang private health cost. Financial institution nagstart na mag offshore ng operations. Hindi na susunod ang big4 banks sa rates na iimplement ng rba (independent na raw sila) because of that mortgage rates are higher - nakita ko sa statement ko nagtaas yung rate ko last week because of this. So, medyo gloomy ang overall news ngaun sa market kaya hindi mu rin masisi kung bakit nag aalisan yung mga tao.

On the positive side, at least malakas pa rin ang mining. ok bumili ng mga white goods kasi mataas ang value ng dollar. si julia pa rin ang leader kaya life goes on para sa labor - yun nga lang maka kevin ako :(
    Kung tama pagkaintindi ko nung article sa taas...yung mga nagsisi-alisan sa Australia ay mga tao galing Europe at U.S.A....

Parehong developed countries naman sila kaya halos parehas lang ang standards of living. Yun nga lang malakas yung Aussie Dollar kaya lalabas na mas mahal ang gastusin sa kanila...

Sa mga tulad nating galing Third World, kahit may kamahalan sa Australia, anlaki rin ng tinaas ng suweldo at asenso sa buhay hehe
  • skylineskyline Sydney
    I just can't understand why people from 1st world countries still chose to migrate in Oz at stable na sila doon.Then at the end,they will regret coming to Oz.Kasi kung ang Pinas katulad lang ng U.S. or Europe hindi na siguro namin maiisipan umalis.Ive been working for 8 years at ang sakit makita yung malaking tax na kinakaltas in my salary but Im not getting anything in return.
    As per my cousin,it's really expensive there but if you have a work at magaling ka mag budget kaya naman.Like her,she's a housewife at hubby lang niya nagwo-work.But still,kaya pa din nila magvacation from time to time.Isipin na lang natin kung gaano kahirap kumuha ng visa.If we are focused on our dreams,I think kakayanin lahat ng hirap.

"If you have a dream, protect it. Love it. Chase it. And one day you will live it"

• cinnamon20cinnamon20 Sydney
    Ngayon ko lang nabasa tong thread na ito and I like it.. Of course compared here, super kurakot mode ang mga tao.. Last month kumuha ako ang cedula at d ako naka alma dun sa tiga BIR Pasig na nagpunta sa office namin at ayun mega compute pa kami ng sweldo ko sa harap nya at ayun 314 pesoses ang cedula ko.. dumeretso kasi ako at d ko na lang inutusan ang messenger namin.. Yung iba boss dito sa work ko na 5 times sa laki ng sweldo eh 50 pesos lang binayad with matching utos sa messenger yun.. As if naman may patutunguhan yugn binayad ko sa cedula na yan..

Nominated Occupation: ICT BA

Assessment: July 2014
    EOI created: Feb 2015 applied SS to NSW but failed (waited for year pero ayaw pa din)
    PTE Test: Took July 2015 failed
    Retake PTE Dec 2015: Passed
    Got invited Feb 2016
    March 22: :Paid visa fee

• cinnamon20cinnamon20 Sydney
    @tootzie: Yes ako din para sa kin paradise ang Australia :)..

Nominated Occupation: ICT BA

Assessment: July 2014
    EOI created: Feb 2015 applied SS to NSW but failed (waited for year pero ayaw pa din)
    PTE Test: Took July 2015 failed
    Retake PTE Dec 2015: Passed
    Got invited Feb 2016
    March 22: :Paid visa fee

• aldousnowaldousnow Sydney
    @cinnamon20, you just did the right thing and your boss does not. nagbayad ka lang ng tama. sa simpleng cedula sorry for my word e naging "corrupt" din si boss mo. just my 2 cents. :) kahit na walang patunguhan yung binayad mo sa cedula atleast you did your part.

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)
    Nominated Occupation : Developer Programmer (261312)
    02/28/2011 - ACS Finalized the Case (261312, PIM3, Group A)
    03/07/2011 - IELTS Result Received L- 6.5, R-7.0, W-6.0, S-7.0, Overall Band Score-6.5 (BC)
    03/13/2011 - Lodged Visa Application (Online)
    11/09/2011 - CO Allocation
    12/02/2011 - Medicals Finalised
    12/02/2011 - FINISH LINE!! (Visa Grant)
    03/23/2012 - My first day @Melbourne
    04/14/2012 - Started looking for a .Net Developer job
    06/04/2012 - And finally got one! :)

Maiintindihan ko pa ang mga Europeans kasi konti na lang magkaka recession sila.
    Saka sa mga nababasa ko, may initiatives kasi ang DIAC na marketing campaign sa Europe...nanghihikayat ba ng mga tao dun na pumunta ng Australia kasi paraiso raw dun kaya ayun hehe