Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

573 concerns on GTE

MisyelMisyel SydneyPosts: 8Member
edited November 2014 in Study and Training Visa
HI all!!! Im new here po! Im in SYD now holding business visitor ( presented my thesis paper in a conference last Oct 21-23. Leaving Sydney this Nov 6.

Dumalaw po ako sa UTS coz i am interested to take Masters in Tourism Management, the international students affairs under business department checked my IELTS (8.0 pero under GT) said pasok daw even if its not Acad. Also i have masters in urban management and so they said I would be qualified to take up the course. Isasama ko my husband and 7 yr old kid, i also understand the procedure to lodge his TRV to book him in the appropriate school in a Suburb where we will stay --- we will stay with my dad and brother na both are australian citizens na....
Since it would be under VISA 573:
1. my concern now is the GTE.. Since i would seem unemployed na when i leave phils and same with my husband.
---- But granted i secure papers to prove i am a GTE like affidavit of paid leave from employer and my husband to resign from work but will return to Phils to manage their properties and his uncle will also submit an affidavit stating the business plans for the family owned properties, do you guys think that would be enough?

2. can anyone pls share the timeline ng visa grant sa same situation as me na may 1 school age dependent, spouse and under 573?

3. I dont fully understand the assessment level 2 for 573 as well...

4. If i submit a study grant notice from an NGO, affidavit of support from my dad here and paid leave from employer, do i still need to show proof of funds?

I plan to:
- process application letter sa UTS
Expect the letter of offer after 4 weeks (tama ba? ;)

- pay enrollment fee
- expect CoE after 5 days?
- get BUPA (cheaper)
- process my son's TRV and tuition ($4500 for holders of 573)

Hoping for replies... :) muchos gracias!!!

Comments

• MisyelMisyel Sydney

HI all!!! Im new here po! Im in SYD now holding business visitor ( presented my thesis paper in a conference last Oct 21-23. Leaving Sydney this Nov 6.

Dumalaw po ako sa UTS coz i am interested to take Masters in Tourism Management, the international students affairs under business department checked my IELTS (8.0 pero under GT) said pasok daw even if its not Acad. Also i have masters in urban management and so they said I would be qualified to take up the course. Isasama ko my husband and 7 yr old kid, i also understand the procedure to lodge his TRV to book him in the appropriate school in a Suburb where we will stay --- we will stay with my dad and brother na both are australian citizens na....
    Since it would be under VISA 573:
    1. my concern now is the GTE.. Since i would seem unemployed na when i leave phils and same with my husband.
    ---- But granted i secure papers to prove i am a GTE like affidavit of paid leave from employer and my husband to resign from work but will return to Phils to manage their properties and his uncle will also submit an affidavit stating the business plans for the family owned properties, do you guys think that would be enough?

2. can anyone pls share the timeline ng visa grant sa same situation as me na may 1 school age dependent, spouse and under 573?

3. I dont fully understand the assessment level 2 for 573 as well...

4. If i submit a study grant notice from an NGO, affidavit of support from my dad here and paid leave from employer, do i still need to show proof of funds?

I plan to:
    - process application letter sa UTS
    Expect the letter of offer after 4 weeks (tama ba?

- pay enrollment fee
    - expect CoE after 5 days?
    - get BUPA (cheaper)
    - process my son's TRV and tuition ($4500 for holders of 573)

Hoping for replies... muchos gracias!!!
  • anon001anon001 North Ryde
    Hi misyel,

I can help answer point #3. Assessment level 2 is a way for AU immigration to identify the level of risk for the particular applicant. Based sya sa country of origin at kung anong klaseng visa kinuha mo. Yung risk ata based on what i know is yung risk mo mag migrate to AU. Hope this helps.