Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Random Members
(8735)

• gorgeous
  • sblopango
  • JaydenCox
  • dalmatian2032
  • AlanLabel
  • busah2
  • AmadoMars
  • LynwoodDe
  • mitchy_cpa
  • jacobe
  • Etta3037
  • citywestdental
  • gcastro
  • andomxgu
  • Talakag
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (19)

cgmdetzkydhey_almightyduffygurleddie_thomasennairolfhappyinmelbourne34Henry26IslanderndCityjepphyeLady_ElleOzBperfectbeautypowmic23rpdimapilissusanVegeMatevhianceyzoe_girl

Top Posters
All time

Advertisement:

Ads by Google
To those who just registered, kindly click the confirmation link we sent to your email in order to start a thread or comment on a topic. don't forget to check your spam folder and unmark it from spam if confirmation link will fall there. Would also appreciate if you can visit us as often as you can to build up traffic. Thanks!

Passport Renewal

Marit_z83Marit_z83 Total Reaction Points: 0Member
edited January 2011 in General Posts: 1
Google Ad::
Hello mga kabayan,

Kindly help me on how to renew a passport and how long it will take. I'm in Melbourne.
My passport will expire in May and need to renew coz I am planning to go for an holiday in Philippines this coming April.

Best Regards,
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic

Comments

• jayjee09jayjee09 Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    edited January 2011 Posts: 62
    @Marit_z83 , did some research... got the article below from the philembassy site => philembassy.org.au/component/content/article/75-no-need-to-travel-to-canberra-for-new-philippine-machine-readable-passports-mrp.html

It says it will take around 4 to 6 weeks processing time?

"No Need to Travel to Canberra for New Philippine Machine Readable Passports (MRP)

When the Philippine Embassy began accepting applications for the new Philippine Machine Readable Passports (MRP) last July, it soon became obvious that the requirement for personal appearance when filing applications can be an expensive and time-consuming process for our kababayans.

The Philippine Embassy thus sought the approval of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs to allow for personal appearance at Philippine Honorary Consulates/Consulates General in state capitals, making it unnecessary for Filipinos outside the Australian Capital Region (ACT) to travel all the way to Canberra. Participating Honorary Consulates General are Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Darwin and Hobart.

Below is the alternative way to apply for the Machine Readable Passport:
    1. Applicants should submit the following by mail to the Philippine Embassy in Canberra:
    b. 3 passport photos with royal blue background;2. Upon the receipt of the completed forms and fees, the Embassy shall process the application and issue the MRP computer-generated form (MRP-CGF).
    3. The MRP-CGF will be mailed by Express Post to the Philippine Honorary Consulate / Consulate General nearest the place of residence of the applicant.
    4. The Philippine Honorary Consulate / Consulate General will contact the applicant for personal appearance.
    5. The applicant will confirm the encoded data in the MRP-CGF and affix his signature and thumbmark on the space provided in the presence of the Philippine Honorary Consular Official. For the verification service, the Philippine Honorary Consulate General are authorized to collect verification fee in the amount of AU$45.00.
    6. Any error or disparity in the data of the MRP-CGF should be reported to the Honorary Consulate / Consulate General which will request for the issuance of a new and correct MRP-CGF from the Embassy.
    7. The Philippine Honorary Consulate General will mail back the signed and thumbmarked MRP-CGF back to the Embassy in Canberra, with a written verification that the applicant has confirmed the data in the form, signed and thumbmarked the form in his presence.
    8. The Embassy will forward the accomplished MRP-CGF to the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila for passport production.
    9. The Embassy will notify the applicant once his passport is ready. Applicant will be required to mail his current and valid passport to the Embassy for cancellation.
    10. The Embassy will send by Express Post the new MRP passport to the applicant upon receipt of applicant's current passport.
    11. Passport issuance time is around 4 to 6 weeks from the time the accomplished MRP-CGF is received by the Embassy.

It will be noted that the additional postage fee of AUD30.00 is necessary to shoulder the mailing expense of the MRP-CGF from the Embassy to the Honorary Consulate / Consulate General and vice-versa, in lieu of the personal appearance by the applicant at the Embassy.
    Filipinos in the ACT can continue to file their applications in person with the Philippine Embassy in Canberra."
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic
  • chickiechickie Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    Hello, submit your application for renewal as soon as possible, mine took a while. I rang one of the guys from Canberra, he said MINIMUM 2 months. (4 to 6 weeks to processed the passport) Hindi kasama yung time for postage and delivery. I submitted my passport first week on November, I was hoping to get it 1st week of January. Hanggang ngayon wala pa. Hopefully, it gets better because they will be issuing new passports. Either way, submit it ASAP. Good luck.
  • velzvelz Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    hi jayjee, thanks for the info you provided on alternative way of renewing passports. Nandito ko sa Adelaide and it would be a lot easier for me if I do that. Kahit isang libong documents pa ang hingin nila I'm ok with it as long as I don't have to go anywhere outside the state. Wla akong pera para dyan, lol. But can you provide a link where you got the info from. I tried the one that's already there but it only takes me back to this page. thanks.
  • LokiJrLokiJr Total Reaction Points: 6Member, Moderator
    Sirs sensya ang nabasa ko lang kasi sa post yung postage na A$30...besides that magkano po yung passport application?

• goodspeed_1980goodspeed_1980 Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    Is this applicable to date? Kailangan ko rin mag renew for the entire family
    SOL: Telecommunications Network Engineer

16 Apr 2011 - IELTS (L=8.5, R=6.0, W=7.0, S-8.0) FAILED!!!
    3 Aug 2011 - Lodged CDR with EA
    24 Sep 2011 - IELTS 2nd take (L=8.5, R=7.0, W=6.5, S=7.5) FAILED!!!
    29 Sep 2011 - EA required to revise the CDR to a more comprehensive report
    7 Oct 2011 - I have requested for IELTS remarking
    17 Nov 2011 - Lodged revised CDR to EA
    16 Dec 2011 - Received EA Approval Letter PASSED!!!!
    16 Dec 2011 - Received IELTS remarking grades (L=8.5, R=7.0, W=7.5, S=7.5) PASSED!!!!
    7 Mar 2012 - Lodged Visa Applications with DIAC VISA 176 (Paper w/ Agent)
    24 Jul 2012 - CO Allocated
    25 Jul 2012 - Send NBI Clearance (Me and Wife) to DIAC
    28 Jul 2012 - Medical Exam
    02 Aug 2012 - Medical Results Uploaded
    17 Aug 2012 - Visa Granted
  • happyinmelbourne34happyinmelbourne34 Total Reaction Points: 11Member
    yup...visit nyo po website ng philippine embassy. I will renew mine at sa 1st week ng feb ang schedule nila dto sa Melbourne at kung sa Melby po kayo bilisan nyo kc may pre registration date dapat matanggap nila ung application form on or before the pre registration date para maisama nla kayo sa schedule.

http://www.philembassy.org.au/mobile-epassport-missions-for-2014-set.html
  • happyinmelbourne34happyinmelbourne34 Total Reaction Points: 11Member

Is this applicable to date? Kailangan ko rin mag renew for the entire family

yup...visit nyo po website ng philippine embassy. I will renew mine at sa 1st week ng feb ang schedule nila dto sa Melbourne at kung sa Melby po kayo bilisan nyo kc may pre registration date dapat matanggap nila ung application form on or before the pre registration date para maisama nla kayo sa schedule.

http://www.philembassy.org.au/mobile-epassport-missions-for-2014-set.html
  • troytroy Total Reaction Points: 1Member
    Hello po mga sir at maam. Mga ilang days po ba reply pag nag send ka ng Form 929 Chang e of Passport details. Sa CO ako nag send. Wala pa kasi ako natatangap na email na stating na na update na yung bago ko na passport number. Thanks!
  • Diwata1057Diwata1057 Total Reaction Points: 1Member
    Hello obviously, I missed the mobile service nung Feb..Any otherr option for me to renew or extend my passport..Mine js expiring in Nov and I need to travel to Sg sa nov din..If renewal will take 3mos plus processing then is extension an option still?How long is the processing for the extension...I live in Melby and fly sana ako Sydney sa Sep sabay renew passport....but then aabot pala ng century ang pagrenew ng passport...