Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Anong Recruitment Agency ang Nakatulong sayo?

RoseGRoseG MelbournePosts: 44Member
Hi to All!

Based on your application experiences, can you name some recruitment agencies that at least called you for a job interview? I can see that there a lot of recruitment agencies in Oz but would like to focus our time on agencies that really respond to migrants such ourselves.

Salamat po sa tulong!

Comments

• SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    For me it was hays. Ako naka lima akong recuiters mas caring cla.The person I contacted even redid my cv for me.bait talaga.I guess I was just a ploy din kasi nga eh mag cut cla pag nasign on ka thru them. Hehehehe 50k- 70k annual ko d ko makikita buo nun haha.Robert Walters are good too. But hays has been in touch with me till I got the job I wanted.
  • RoseGRoseG Melbourne
    @SYD_CPA, thanks sa response. nagcu-cut din pla sila sa sahod ng employee. Dito kasi sa Dubai, their fee is equal to the first month's salary of the recruited applicant tpos walang deduction yun sa applicant. So normal na may cut ang mga recruiters sa side ng applicants?
  • marvellousmarvellous Canberra
    @SYD_CPA Hello there! You mentioned po na naka lima kang recruiters.. Was it all at the same time? I just want to understand how the recruitment agency process works here. Can you be in touch with other recruiters from another agency all at the same time? I'm a job seeker here in Melbourne.

Hope you can share your experiences. Thank you very much!

• SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    No bro pero all in one month or two. Nakaline up cla idol. Fofollow up sayo. Ika nga commodity ka dito eh.
  • SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    @Marvellous. What have been doing in looking for a job? On line sa seek?? Log on ka din sa hays at hudson
    @SYD_CPA Thank you for the quick response! :) So far, I've been contacted by an agent from Robert Half and we met up for an interview and she said that she'll find something for me. It's been a week since that meeting and she is still searching a suitable role. I'm getting a bit paranoid because based on the experience of other job seekers they get a quick turn around from their recruiters.

I've just relied on Seek and a few times at Indeed but no luck. :( I feel that I am running out of options.

Where are you based in here Australia?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
  • SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    Hi sa syd ako. Canterbury area. Dont get paranoid. Ano ka ba, Ganun talaga idol. Ako nga 4 months bago makahanap ng sucess.Ok yan robert half. Apply ka padin ng apply. Then follow up :)
    @SYD_CPA Hi again! I hope something positive will come soon. I can't wait to be back on the regular grind.

Do you think I should submit my resume to Hays and other recruitment firms as well? I am just concerned about submitting to other firms because it might jeopardize my chances with my existing recruiter.

I would also like to ask how often you should check with your recruiter about a particular role. My current recruiter mentioned about a possible role that she might get hold of mid this week but it's already Friday and have not heard from her. Ayaw ko naman maging makulit :p

Your thoughts please. Many thanks! :)

Hope you have a nice long weekend ahead of you!
  • caceresjessicacaceresjessica Perth
    @SYD_CPA

Hi, I tried to apply at hays but the did not accept my application because they want me to have an aussie experience which is quite impossible because how can you land a job to get an aussie experience if they will not give you the job?
  • SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    I have been there caceresjessica. Ang sagot eh mayron at mayron padin kukuha sayo.hindI end all ang no aussie experience. Try ka lng. Play on you streghts
  • SYD_CPASYD_CPA Sydney
    My advice try other agencies. If you want kabayan msg me privately. Send me your resume. Lets workon it together. Fwd ko sa contacts ko.
  • HellfireHellfire Melbourne
    @SYD_CPA Thank you for the quick response! :) So far, I've been contacted by an agent from Robert Half and we met up for an interview and she said that she'll find something for me. It's been a week since that meeting and she is still searching a suitable role. I'm getting a bit paranoid because based on the experience of other job seekers they get a quick turn around from their recruiters.

I've just relied on Seek and a few times at Indeed but no luck. :( I feel that I am running out of options.

Where are you based in here Australia?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
    I just want to share my experiences regarding Melbourne recruitment agencies. Sakin I had no luck in recruitment agencies but to be fair, some of them really took the effort para mainterview ako ng company. Talent2, AccountancyOptions and SHK to name a few.

My wife had a better dealings with them paticularly sa AccoutancyOptions. They were able to give her a contract job with an advertising company.

Ang maadvise ko lang, wag kang magrely sa mga promises ng mga recruiting agencies. Just do what you know na makakatulong sayo. Kung sabi ni recruiter they will call you after a week then after a week call them. If you didn't heard from them after 1-2 days then apply ka na. Don't hold yourself because sabi ni recruiter iapply ka nya. Based on my experience, kung meron talaga work for you and gusto ka ng client nila, they will contact you kahit gabi pa. Kasi you are a potential income for them kaya they won't let that chance get away. I hope meron sense sinasabi ko. :)

Apply lang ng apply kasi kadalasan yung mga clients nila hindi muna nagpopost sa seek. So ang chance na magkaron ng duplicate application is very slim. Kasi nga naman, kung sa seek lang din nila apply yung candidate, what's the sense diba? eh kaya na lahat gawin yun. In short wala added value yung service nila. Kung magkaron ng duplicate application, then so what, lipat ka ng iba recruiter. Napaka dami ng candidate so they wouldn't mind losing you, so in return don't mind if you lose them, napaka dami din ng agencies dyan.

Give yourself a time limit sa paghahanap ng work related sa field mo. Ako dati it took me 6 months to realize na mali ang strategy ko sa paghahanap ng work. But after I realized that I went on a training sa hospitality industry hoping I could get a job as a waiter. I also applied sa mga volunteer work but an unexpected thing happened after 10months. I was referred and was able to land a job at a factory in eastern suburb. Palawakin mo lang connections mo and you'll be surprised kung ano magagawa nyan sayo.

Don't lose hope, pray hard. Be humble and realize your mistakes. Sometimes things happened for a reason. Now I can feel na I am a better person. Btw, I was offered a job on my related field after 4 months of working in a factory. Thank God!

I hope this inspires you. Sorry for the long read.
    @Hellfire Hello po Sir! Thank you for the very insightful and inspiring message. It was an eye opener for me. It's a different arena here and to be able to thrive is kelangan maraming baon na faith and courage. Truly, this experience will make us better persons. :)

Glad to know po that you and your wife were able to find work in your respective fields! Must be worth the wait!

Thank you po uli for your advice. I hope and pray that something positive happens soon.

God bless po! :)
  • johnvangiejohnvangie Melbourne
    @marvellous
    Are you Melbourne-based? And your field if you don't mind?
    How many months you've looking for a job?
    I started to look for a job too.
    Almost settled na kasi sa bahay, un paglipat namin and schooling ng anak ko.
    God bless sa jobhunting.

Nominated Occupation : Production or Plant Engineer 233513
    12/15/13 - IELTS IDP [ L : 9.0 I R :8.0 I S : 7.5 I W : 6.5 ]
    01/17/14 - Submit CDR to Engineers Australia.
    02/15/14 - IELTS IDP [ L : 9.0 I R :9.0 I S : 7.5 I W : 7.0 ]
    05/29/14 - EA positive assessment as Production or Plant Engineer 233513
    06/02/14 - EA Letter Received. Lodge EOI 65points.
    06/09/14 - Received invitation to lodge Visa 189.
    06/12/14 - Lodge Visa 189. Upload Docs/Form 80.
    07/14/14 - Medicals @ SLEC Global.
    07/15/14 - Upload NBI. (NBI Valid until July 4, 2015).
    07/17/14 - CO Allocated. Team 7 GSM Adelaide ( CO : LM )
    07/21/14 - VISA GRANT! Thank You Lord! IED : 07/04/15
    02/06/15 - Hubby in Melbourne (Jobhunting)
    03/27/15 - Me and my son in Melbourne
    04/07/15 - Hubby 1st day of job
    08/24/15 - My 1st day in BP, Thank you Lord God Jesus!

Enjoying the wonderful life in Oz, abundant blessings indeed :-)

@johnvangie Hello po! Yes po, Melbourne based. :) Accounting po ang background ko. Hmm. Mga over a month na din po ako naghahanap ng work. How about you?

Good to know that you're settled in na.
    @marvellous
    San kayo dito? Gladstone Park kami, near Tullamarine Airport. Hope to meet you soon :-)
    Mag 1 month na din ako nag jobhunting, May 20 ako nagsimula.
    Si hubby may work na, kaya di nya muna ako pinag apply pagdating namin.
    Manufacturing experience kami ni hubby.
    Kadarating mo lang ba?

@johnvangie nasa CBD area lang po kami. :) Hope to meet you din.
    Good luck po sa job hunting and I hope we will be blessed with a suitable job soon! :)
    @marvellous
    Ah CBD ka pala, sozyal!
    Cge sana kita kits soon.
    Ano FB mo?

• mark_ymark_y Melbourne
    @marvellous Hi. Any luck sa jobhunting? I am also an accountant here in Perth, still in the hunt for an accounting role, more than a month na rin kami dito. Goodluck to both of us..
    @mark_y Hello po! Still looking pa rin..Good luck din po sa inyo.. Sana may mahanap na tayo! :) God bless!
  • mark_ymark_y Melbourne
    @marvellous Sana nga..local experience kase lagi hanap nila...may mga interviews ka na rin ba?
  • kremitzkremitz North Ryde
    i agree with @hellfire. share ko lang din experience ko ha. i was a medical representative sa pinas. so pagdating dito inayos ko kagad drivers license ko para makapag apply ako as medrep. merong isang recruiter nag interview saken and advise nya try ko daw other field na sales job din just to gain a local experience. so nitry ko din naman then after two to three weeks I got a sales role (casual) from a different industry. it is not yet my desired job pero atleast i already have a local experience and kahit papano ok naman ang pay. nag part time lang ako para atleast i can still apply sa gusto ko talagang work. then important din ang connections. minsan it is not what you know but who you know. minsan yung makausap mong pinoy o tao sa mall, park etc sila pa pala magbibigay ng work sayo :)

Main applicant : Husband
    April 29, 2013 : ACS Skills assessment
    July 22, 2013 : ACS assessment result
    January 3, 2014: IELTS Result (Take 1 L-8,W,R,S-7)
    January 12, 2013: Lodged EOI (65points)
    January 13, 2013: Invited to apply for visa 189
    February 9, 2014: Lodged visa
    March 1, 2014: Medicals at NHSI
    March 6: email from CO requesting form 80 and hubby's NBI Clearance
    March 25, 2014: visa grant. Thank you lord
    June 8,2014: Hubby arrived in Sydney
    Sept 11,2014: Hubby's first day of work. Thank you Lord!
    Feb 7, 2015 : Baby and I arrived in Sydney
    April 13, 2015: My first day of work :)

@mark_y hello po Sir! Meron na po ako interview and with God's blessing I was able to get the role on the same day.. I will be starting work na po tomorrow..

Good luck po sa job hunting niyo.. If hindi niyo pa po nattry mag reach out to a head hunter, it's worth the try. I was able to land this role through the head hunter I mentioned earlier in this thread.

God bless po!
  • mark_ymark_y Melbourne
    @marvellous Wow ang galing naman...Congrats sa yo ha..
    I had an interview before with a head hunter pero till now ala pang update.
    How did you get in touch with them, nag-apply ka ba muna sa Seek thru head hunter or you directly called them. Most of the jobs kase na advertised sa Seek are thru agent.

By the way, ano palang role mo? Good luck ha:-)
    @mark_y hi sir! Sa website po nila ako nag apply. I submitted my cv and also applied sa vacancies nila sa website. Tumawag po yung headhunter and asked me to pop in to their office so we can talk about my cv. She just asked me to run through my experience and said na she'll put me in her roster of candidates. Every Monday after our first chat (28th of May po ata yun) is tumatawag po siya. So for 3 weeks din is she keeps saying na she is still looking for a suitable role. Akala ko nga po those were just empty words. So, finally last Thursday is she asked if I had experience with a particular role. I was honest and told her that I didn't but I might have had similar exposure. Sabi niya is she'll just give it a shot and send my cv to the client and see if they will consider. Thank God they did! Saturday when the headhunter called me up and said that the client is keen to interview me on Monday. So, I spent the weekend to prepare for the interview. Hindi masyado defined yung job description kaya it was hard to anticipate questions. Ang pinaka dreaded ko po kasi are techincal ones. Haha! Anyway, I tried to go over the common interview questions tapos I prepared a spiel for the tell me about yourself part. Since marami naman nagsasabi na that's how interviews commence I thought to myself na it will be good if I confidently deliver it. It will set my mood for the entire interview. 2 po yung nag interview sakin. I went with my game plan and it worked out naman. There were questions na I wished I answered better. Pero wala naman na ako magagawa since tapos na. At the end is sabi nila is they are still interviewing another person and they will come to a decision the next day. May nainterview na din sila na 4 persons before me and sabi nila they are all good technically. Kaya naisip ko na parang oh noh, my chances are slim but come night time I got a call from my recruiter again and said that the client liked me and wants me to start on Wednesday (today).

So, today was my first day at work. Accountant din po ako dun sa new company ko.

I hope this gives hope to everyone looking for work. I've been on the hunt din for a few months and with constant prayer is God blessed me with this wonderful gift. Always be hopeful and surround yourself with positive people. I know na hanggang di pa dumadating ang work is the future seems bleak pero walang imposible. God already brought us here and He will never forsake us. Count your blessings palagi. There is always something to be thankful for and that will keep you going.

Don't forget po to try some volunteering. I did a few events and once a week is nag a-administration assistant ako sa isang neighborhood centre. This will help you become busy aside sa job hunting.

Goodluck po! Be specific po sa prayer niyo. :) never second guess yourself!

Sorry po this is a lengthy post now.
    Share ko lang po ang Novena ni St Josemaria Escriva para sa mga naghahanap ng work at may work na. Baka po makatulong. Pray this fervently.
  • IslanderndCityIslanderndCity Adelaide
    @marvellous wow! Congrats. Deserving talaga. God is great!

Assessed Occupation: Industrial Engineer (IE 233511)
    Achieved Goal: Australia PR (Permanent Resident). Thanks God!

...sharpening my core gifts now...
    ...working on new, better goals...

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. ~Luke 6:28~

Share ko lang po ang Novena ni St Josemaria Escriva para sa mga naghahanap ng work at may work na. Baka po makatulong. Pray this fervently.
    CONGRATS Sis!!!
    Thanks sa Novena :-)

I-pm kita sa FB mo.

God Bless!

• mark_ymark_y Melbourne
    @marvellous Thanks for sharing your experience. It was very inspiring and for sure lot of people will be motivated and not lose hope sa jobhunting, and I'm one of them :\">
    I know you have also struggled in the beginning, pero di ka nawalan ng hope, that's why you deserve it. Sabi nga, pag silent si Lord for sure he is busy working and preparing something better for us.
    Marami rin bang technical questions during the interview or more on typical HR questions. Pag may time ka, share ka ng experiences sa work mo ha.

Good luck sa yo and God Bless. Thanks din sa Novena ha.
    By the way, I sent you a PM.
  • anne123anne123 Sydney
    Hello po. Newbie here. I am currently working in Dubai and will settle down in Syd next month thru Partner Provisional Subclass 309. I would like to know po wha are the requirements in looking for a job in Oz if coming from abroad? Also po will I provide PCC again when we apply for Permanent Visa? Hoping to receive any info po. Thanks and God bless!