Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

May HR Recruitment Consultant ba member dito?

ava_garde06ava_garde06 SydneyPosts: 67Member
edited February 2015 in Jobs-Seeking & Openings
Hi Pinoyau folks. Ask ko lang meron ba dito may experience sa recruitment? Kung makakakuha lang sana ako ng free assessment. I think lahat ng job hunt at resume writing tips eh nasubukan ko na. Friends and families that will review mY CV and cover letter says my application is a star. I even customize it per job ad kaya halos isang buong araw nauubos for just 1 application. Pero puro I am not matched for the role pa din ang nakukuha ko kahit yun naman mismo ang ginagawa ko.

I just want to get feedback from people from that side of the fence. So any Recruitment/HR people here?

Comments

• majarmajar Sydney
    edited May 2015
    I know of one na naka help sa akin land on a job. Try mo lng ask kung pwede sya, busy din sa work yun.
    Karen.Detablan@ peoplebank.com.au
    Hope is well.
  • EnvyEnvy Milton
    Hi Pinoyau folks. Ask ko lang meron ba dito may experience sa recruitment? Kung makakakuha lang sana ako ng free assessment. I think lahat ng job hunt at resume writing tips eh nasubukan ko na. Friends and families that will review mY CV and cover letter says my application is a star. I even customize it per job ad kaya halos isang buong araw nauubos for just 1 application. Pero puro I am not matched for the role pa din ang nakukuha ko kahit yun naman mismo ang ginagawa ko.

I just want to get feedback from people from that side of the fence. So any Recruitment/HR people here?
    @ava_garde06
    @majar

im following this.

Kasi yan sana ang advise ko regarding job hunting, to customize your CV every single time. does not matter if you spent a day, basta fully customized sa position na aapplyan mo.Sad to know na hindi rin pala effective.

I want to know what else can be done.

Jan 2007 - Arrive in Aus as 457
    Mar 2013 - Plan, review, read and understand visa requirements
    Apr 2013 - ACS assessment submitted
    Jun 2013 - ACS assessment received
    Aug 2013 - IETLS pass (General 8.0)
    Aug 2013 - ACT SS submitted
    Aug 2013 - Created EOI account
    Aug 2013 - VETASSES assessment submitted
    Sep 2013 - VETASSES assessment received
    Sep 2013 - ACT SS received
    Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Sep 2013 - Visa invite received
    Sep 2013 - Visa application submitted (190)
    Oct 2013 - Medical completed
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

• majarmajar Sydney
    edited May 2015
    @Envy I feel you...what I did was Google aussie resume and cover letter style. Tailor fit it to the requirements of the position advertised.

I hope this can help but there are so many styles.

Name
    Contact # with best time to call
    Email address
    Visa type and #

Position applying for:

Objective :

Highlighted Qualification :
    4-5 will be enough

Career summary:
    applicable if you have more than 3 jobs in different companies.

Work experience :
    This must be chronological from your most recent job.
    Make sure you give 2-3 company summary before stating your responsibilities.
    Align responsibilities to their needs (paraphrase it lng and dapat honest din naman na kaya mo ang role).

Competencies :
    State your technical ability on tools like Oracle, Siebel, Citrix.. Etc.

Education:
    University mo and any vocational will help

Lastly..... Write:

Referrees will be provided upon request.

The last one can break your application. Why?

If you did not inform your boss that you lowered your job responsibilities just to tailorfit your applicatio, or there is a slight difference sa last job mo and current applied job- deadmeat . This happened to a family friend na accountant- He was a manager sa Pinas and he applied for a level entry accounting position--- Bagsak dahil overqualified. Hirap din sya mag Apply ng managerial coz they will require you post grad qualification. Mas preferred nila nag schooling ka in AU. That's why my brother in law took some modules in management Kahit manager na sya.

There are so many styles... And the best way na ma pansin resume ko is to call them first, Ask about the position, get their direct company email address and send it thru while on the phone.
    They will do an initial phone interview and will ask for your availability for a face -to-face interview.
    Update your LinkedIn account.. They are very resourceful. They will even ask you to add them just so they will see your network.
    If you have a FB and in public mode, make sure positive ang environment.

Ta!

God bless us all. Hope this helps a bit, mate!

• alexjessiealexjessie Melbourne
    thanks for this information. :D