Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

De Facto Partner on a 457 VISA

eneleameneleam SydneyPosts: 16Member
edited May 2015 in Other Migration Topic
Hi,

I would like to seek advice regarding the process and requirements for a de facto partner visa.
My boyfriend is a Chef who's getting sponsored on a 457 visa and we would like to move to Australia together. We've been living together for 10 months already. We plan to lodge our application in July so that we would complete the one year relationship rule.

So far, these are the documents that I'm preparing..
1. notarised statements from applicant (me) + sponsor (partner)
2. notarised statements from family members and friends
3. affidavit from our landlord that we have been living together
4. billing statement for water and electricity under both of our names
5. notarised lease contract including both our names
6. bank statement of joint account ( although we only opened this last april)
7. bank certificate of joint account
8. travel itineraries and online tickets for our travels together
9. pictures together and with friends/family

What else should I include to make our application strong? Also, I have a few more questions regarding this topic like..
what is the usual processing time for a de facto visa? Do I need to provide an overseas health insurance before I apply?

Thank you so much!!!

Comments

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @eneleam processing time of partners visa is 9-12 months.. Case to case basis.

Does ur bf 457 visa already granted?? What is his relationship status when he applied his 457 visa? If he declared that he is in a de facto relationship you should be included staight away on his visa as dependent. If it's not, ask his employer to include you as his dependent in the sponsorship and apply as dependent 457 visa, much easier compare to applying a de facto visa.

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)