Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

What are the OPTIONS for nurses

denisedenise DubayyPosts: 11Member
edited May 2012 in Working and skilled visas
Hello po. I am Denise. I am presently working in Dubai, UAE for the last four (4) years now. Gusto ko sanang mag inquire on what are the needed requirement for nurses for us to be able to work in Australia. I had already taken the IELTS dito po sa Dubai but sad to say I got only 6.5 for both reading and listening while 7 each for writing and speaking. Malapit na ngang mag expire ang IELTS ko come November this year. I tried to apply here in various agencies but with the fees they are asking and information they are providing me with which are magkakaiba, I got confused. Then one agency from the Philippines sent me an info that pwede akong kumuha ng Bridging Program kahit maliit IELTS ko (I understand the required IELTS band score should all be 7 each) but the fees are really very high.

At the moment, I am at a loss. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang gagawin ko. Another thing also, I will be 41 years old in July this year so I do not know if meron ba talagang age limit in applying for Australia.

Nurse po ako since 1992 and my areas of specialization are pediatrics and emergency nursing. Gusto ko lang malaman po what are the first few steps to do para maka start ulit ako if there is still hope for me at this stage.

Comments

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    50 naman po ang age limit pero wala nang points pag 46 and above ang edad.

Ang alam ko po kailangan niyo magpa-accredit ng skills pag nasa Australia na kayo para puwede kayo magtrabaho bilang nurse doon. And then para sa IELTS, yes, strict sila sa All 7 :(
  • denisedenise Dubayy
    @LokiJr
    Thank you so much po sa info. If that's the case medyo mahirap na atang mag apply at this age, esp if mag take effect na yang new rule this July. :( Kukuha ulit ako ng IELTS.
    One time I went to IDP office dito sa Dubai at nag advise sila for me to take Masters in Nursing. It's like a one and a half year course daw. I am not sure lang if that is a wiser move for me to do. I am still thinking of their offer, malaki nga lang ang gastos.
  • sheepsheep Sydney
    ask na lang kaya sa migration agent para malaman mo ang gagawin mo or try to search the nurses and midwife association in Australia at magtanong ka ddon..

"god thank you for everything!!!!!1

• k_mavsk_mavs Melbourne
    @denise Much better po kung try nyo po yung bridging program kasi yun na po yung ginagawa ng mga ibang nurses natin dito sa Pinas. Tama po si sir @LokiJr na kailangan mo ma accredit yung mga skills mo dun sa Oz. Try mo po mag research about sa mga bridging programs na inooffer ng ilang mga agencies dito sa Pinas if may time ka. And patulong ka na rin sa mga relatives mo dito sa Pinas na mag inquire dito sa mga agencies dito. Good Luck po!

“We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer.”

• adelaide_boiadelaide_boi Sydney
    @denise,

very in demand dito ang nurses kahit saang sulok ng Australia. Mag-retake ka ng IELTS, kaya mo ang 7 sa listening and reading. Actually writing and speaking nga ang mahirap pero nai-7 mo.

Wag kang pupunta rito na hindi 7 ang ielts, kasi i-aadvise ka ng agency na magtake ng Occupational english na bukod sa mas magastos ay mas mahirap pa sa ielts.

Minsan nakakainis ang mga agency sa pinas, kumita lang kahit mahirapan ang mga aplikante.

one hella' skilled visa grantee. Happily ended up as an ICT gov't employee where SKILLS Australia is just one desk away!

• SakenSaken North Ryde
    Hi @adelaide_boi

Speaking of agencies, may info ka ba dun sa Phil Management na agency na nagpapaloan sa mga nurses na gusto magbridging program? I'm just wondering how successful they are in having the nurses land a job here in AU. Parang success story kasi nila is when naipapadala nila yung nurses to study here under a Business VISA (Subclass 456, di ko alam kung bakit hindi Student VISA) pero tingin ko di yun yung sukatan. Saka di nila sinasabi kung magkano interest rate nung pautang nila kaya I fear na masyadong mabigat for the nurses who loaned kahit nakahanap na sila trabaho.

Here is Phil Management's FB Page.
    https://www.facebook.com/phil.management

Thanks.
  • tdytdy Sydney
    hi @saken

i inquired at phil management but they are yet to respond (around 1 month na ung message ko sa kanila). I am also planning to take a bridging course in australia.

I am still waiting for my IELTS results. I took the exam last saturday. I am eyeing at Allskills to be my migration agent. have you heard of them? http://www.allskills.com.au/

• SakenSaken North Ryde
    Thanks @tdy. Mukhang kelangan mo pumunta sa isa sa mga seminars ng philman para maentertain.

Ngayon ko lang narinig yang allskills. Ano naman process nila? Nagpapautang rin ba sila for the tuition?
  • denisedenise Dubayy
    Reply to @sheep: hello! sori for the late reply. kailangan talaga bridging course... plus IELTS 7 7 all or I heard pa nga 8 in all para mas malaki ang ponts. now that Australia will again change their rules in July, medyo mataas na ang standard. I am trying to check a migration agent here sa Dubai. Iba iba naman ang sagot, I mean nag discourage pa sa akin for Australia bec of my age dw...
  • denisedenise Dubayy
    Reply to @k_mavs: hello po. thank you po sa reply and advise. sori ngayon lang ako nka reply, medyo busy sa work. Meron nag offer sa akin, ACTEC. I think ang office nila is located in Cebu. According to them, I can go for a second option for low IELTS and take a bridging course. They even sent me a contract na para maka habol ako sa sked of the bridging course sa July but then the amount they asked was too high kaya hesitant ako and after reading all the comments here regarding the the IELTS of 7 band score lalo na akong nag hesitate. Have you heard of this ACTEC?
  • denisedenise Dubayy
    Reply to @adelaide_boi:

@adelaide,

Hello. Thank you for the advise. Plano ko talagang mag re take kaso I got this fear na baka this time around I will get lower scores na, maybe luck was on my side during that time (hehehe). Anyway, may limit sila sa age? I will be 41 in July. Eto rin ang one of the reasons kung bakit hesitant ako kasi most of the agents na na deal ko dito nag discourage sa akin about Australia kasi nga sa edad. HIndi pa rin ako nag give up to look for an agent and I found one from India (MARA agent with an office in Australia and India dw). Same advise but this time no mention about the age...

Sa pinas I got to find one too but the fees they were asking was too much, like a million pesos na if converted... You are right, nakakatakot agencies sa atin kasi they are asking too much. A million pesos ba talaga magastos to go to Australia?
  • denisedenise Dubayy
    Reply to @tdy:

@tdy,

hello. have you heard of ACTEC and Australian Immigration Requirements? Nag send din sila nurses for aAustralia but then the fees are way too high. I tried to contact some of their clients/ nurses whom I found in fb and are now in Australia and asked their status there but they are not replying.

Buti pa siguro i check natin if MARA agent sila or something. Am not sure also.
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Kaya tubong lugaw ang IDP at British Council sa Pilipinas sa dami nang IELTS examinees na students or nurses hehe.

Can I know what exact visa type are students supposed to take as bridging visa?
  • lilsliplilslip Quezon City
    Kaya tubong lugaw ang IDP at British Council sa Pilipinas sa dami nang IELTS examinees na students or nurses hehe.

Can I know what exact visa type are students supposed to take as bridging visa?
    hahaha..tomoh... 3% interest monthly.. if im not mistaken.. nbsa ko sa isang forum. pero ok na un kasi no collateral sila.. 456 visa ung bus short stay.. student visa if under cricos.. pwd papm fb email ad mo po? thanks
  • Cheers25Cheers25 Melbourne
    Hi! Im umder allskills.. Okay sya, manait sila kausap and maayos, Yung application kakasubmit lang last week, waiting for the acknowledgement, ang ginawa ko since di ko na meet ielts requiremnt of 7.0 speaking and writing ko kasi both 6.5, nagenroll muna ako aged care course tas after na lang ako mag bp, sa aus. Or dito ako ulit magtake ng ielts, kasi accdg. To allskills nayon daw medjo matagal na ang processing sa ahpra, dajil dami na din daw nagaapply kaya yun, God's will sana maging okay lahat, By the way nagcontact din ako sa fb ng previous applicant ng allskills before ko iavail yung service nila, andun na cLa sa aus. Working as a nurse after bp, ü she said na mga 2 months sya nahanapan ng allskills ng work, pero yung iba nyang kasabay sa allskills nakakita kagad so i guess depende sa credentials, ü

To God be the glory.

Subclass 572 Timeline (2-3 months processing)
    June 13, 2012 - Lodged application via PIASI
    June 19, 2012 - Student acknowledgement letter received
    June 20, 2012 - Medicals @ St. Lukes
    June 25, 2012 - Medical examination results forwarded to the Australian Embassy thru the e-health system
    July 10, 2012 - Additional Information Request
    July 12, 2012 - Picked up additional information
    July 27, 2012 - Visa Granted. Thank you Father God! :)

• heyaussieheyaussie Legazpi City
    Hi! Im umder allskills.. Okay sya, manait sila kausap and maayos, Yung application kakasubmit lang last week, waiting for the acknowledgement, ang ginawa ko since di ko na meet ielts requiremnt of 7.0 speaking and writing ko kasi both 6.5, nagenroll muna ako aged care course tas after na lang ako mag bp, sa aus. Or dito ako ulit magtake ng ielts, kasi accdg. To allskills nayon daw medjo matagal na ang processing sa ahpra, dajil dami na din daw nagaapply kaya yun, God's will sana maging okay lahat, By the way nagcontact din ako sa fb ng previous applicant ng allskills before ko iavail yung service nila, andun na cLa sa aus. Working as a nurse after bp, ü she said na mga 2 months sya nahanapan ng allskills ng work, pero yung iba nyang kasabay sa allskills nakakita kagad so i guess depende sa credentials, ü
    hi. i dont think they offer no-cashout service to applicants
  • japsjaps Mandaluyong
    hi i inquired from allskills last year i think they are ok. now im going back to them to ask for the bridging course. i applied for a PR visa INDEPendent visa, ANMAC assessed my papers and i am not qualified i need to under go the bridging course before i can have a good assessment result from ANMAC. i would like to know cheers25 if when ka nagapply sa allskills at san na kung papers mo? online ka ba nagapply? may expected date k na wen ka aalis? thanks
  • YukishihYukishih Melbourne
    Reply to @denise: Are you from Cebu? Hwag ka dyan. Do it on your own.

22May2012 Applied at Deakin University
    24May2012 Deakin University assessment
    11June2012 Offer Letter
    13June2012 Requested for Campus transfer
    03July2012 Approved Request for transfer with new offer
    12July2012 Sent hard copies of documents before payment of tuition Fee
    17July2012 Paid tuition Fee
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    30July2012 Filed visa application at VIA centre
    31July2012 Received sms acknowledgement from Australian Embassy
    01August2012 Medical Notification
    Medicals done for my whole family except for my U/A
    which is pending
    25August2012 e-Health uploaded to Australian Embassy
    31August2012 Visa Granted!
    01September2012 Received Confirmation

That in all things GOD may be glorified!

Reply to @denise: Retake ka na lang IELTS galingan mo. Then pa assess ka sa aphra may iba kasi na hindi na nagbridging kapag mga 5 years or more na exp as a nurse. If gusto mo naman ng mabilis go for a student visa expensive nga lang sya. If mababa IELTS mo you can still enroll sa conversion program packaged course with English. Forget about ACTEC.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

Reply to @LokiJr: Short stay blah blah.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

Reply to @denise: Im warning you re: ACTEC they are inefficient! Sobrang sinungaling ang mga yan. Paasahin ka ng paaasahin until your are left with no choice but to agree sa kung anong ioffer nila. You'll just waste time kung sa kanila ka I swear. They even blocked me sa fb account nila kasi takot sila sa ginawa nila na baka ibroadcast ko sa wall nila.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• riiko08riiko08 Quezon City
    Reply to @denise: Retake ka na lang IELTS galingan mo. Then pa assess ka sa aphra may iba kasi na hindi na nagbridging kapag mga 5 years or more na exp as a nurse. If gusto mo naman ng mabilis go for a student visa expensive nga lang sya. If mababa IELTS mo you can still enroll sa conversion program packaged course with English. Forget about ACTEC.
    Hi! Sa Deakin ka magbbp tama ba? Ilang years experience po ang required nila? Thanks!
    @riiko08 conversion program ako. If bridging i think 2 years

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• riiko08riiko08 Quezon City
    @Yukishih Ganun ba? Pag conversion program ba hindi need ng experience? Saka gano katagal ang conversion?
    Hindi naman sa hindi need pero may schools na tumatanggap na zero experience. Yung sa akin 1 year. Better if pa asses mo yung credentials mo sa sa school kasi dun sila magbased how long mo need mag aral.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• tdytdy Sydney
    Ano po ba ang better type of visa to apply for if balak mong mag bridging program? Student Visa or Business Short Stay?

Just lodged my application to AHPRA. sana may response na sila within the next 3 months.

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited October 2012
    all nurses except from nz, uk, ireland are required to take the bridging course and have an ilets score of 7 in all areas..no exceptions po yan kahit na mag master's or doctorate degree pa po kayo galing sa pinas.

you don't need an agency.. just do it on your own. nasa internet po lahat ng forms and instruction also the visa you will need.. the school will guide you.
    or go to this forum.. www.nurse2nz.forumotion.com it's a forum for nurses going to new zealand pero may subforum po sila for those who wants to go to australia. sariling sikap lang ..no agencies.

bridging course naman po for those with more than 2 years is about 13000-14000 aud ...it's not too bad. a little bit steep pero worth it naman. it's only a couple of months.. 3- 4months if i remember correctly.

if less than 2 years ang experience, mahirap mag hanap ng school and mahirap mag hanap ng work for nurses... and some school will tell you to take a longer bridging program that amounts to almost 30k aud and this is the one that takes about a year or so. so not really a good option.

please visit the forum.. there are so many nurses there that have done it themselves without using an agency. the nurse2nz forum does not advocate agencies kasi maraming scammers sa pinas.. sobra... you can do it on your own.

i'm an intensive care nurse working in nsw pero di po ako dumaan ng bridging kasi galing po ako ng new zealand for 3 years or so. may reciprocity kasi if galing new zealand/ u.k. and ireland. sa nurse2nz forum lang ako nag get ng mga details on how to go about the application..very good forum for nurses in the transtasman area. all the people who post there are nurses who are in the same boat as you or have been there before.
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited October 2012
    also aphra is very efficient..madali ang application with aphra. if your agency tells you otherwise they are lying.

then coming to australia in either an english program or an aged care program so that you can take your ielts here is a longer way of doing things and it is more expensive in the long run.

kahit na they will tell you that you can work part time..ung part time na kita mu here is good enough for day to day living lang.. to take the ielts here or an aged care program rather than the bridging directly is only good for rich people with lots of money to spare.

it is the more expensive route..pero it's up to you din yan what you are willing to gamble.

gimick yan kasi ng mga agencies.. remember ung earthquake sa christchurch new zealand way back 2011 feb, i know some people who died there nurses from southwestern university in cebu. the agency golden summit told them to take the ielts course kasi mababa ung ielts score nila then saka na mag ielts and hanap ng bridging course. namatay ung iba sa earthquake, misa lang binigay ng golden summit for them. ung iba naman like ung kaibigan ko from cebu doctors na nag absent sa klase survived pero the agency did not help them afterwards kahit phone call to ask how they are ..wala.. nag chip in your batchmates nya to get into a plane para maka transfer ng ibang place for safety reason.

naka stay sya sa nz sariling sikap lang.. she took the ielts on her own na lang din kahit she has paid golden summit money na. nakapag cap siya after 1 year or more pa, on her own then. mahirap ang agency kasi they don't have your best interest at heart.
  • amedinaamedina Sydney
    hi li_i_ren: im new here, and planning to go in australia this coming feb 2013 intake under student visa.

ask ko lang regarding the bridging course, how about pag wlang experience here in pinas? am I going to take it for 1 year above or pwede for months lang? kaka-grad ko lang kasi last year.

also, do you know a university in NSW that offers a bridging program? kasi my grandma is residing in newcastle and she told me i need to pick a school within NSW.

thank you for your response.

11/17/12: passed school application thru IDP * 12/4/12: received letter of offer (univ. of newcastle) * 12/12/12: credit application * 2/22/13: received new letter of offer * 2/26/13: paid deposit fee * 3/8/13: received COE and paid visa fee * 4/10/13: visa application thru IDP * 4/11/13: medical request from DIAC * 4/12/13: medical exam done * 4/19/13: SLEC uploaded my medicals * 4/12/13: medical exam done * 7/11/13: VISA GRANTED

• jem_024jem_024 Quezon City
    hello! maam li_i_ren: itatanung ko lang kailangan ko din bang mag bridging program? kahit magwowork ako ng nursing assistant? sa mga nakita ko po kasing work sa seek.com.au ang lagi nila hinahanap yung certificate for aged care. anong school po ako sa australia makakapag enrol ng training for that certificate? and mag kano po kaya ang magagastos ko? salamat po