Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Alternative ways to teach in Australia

gemini23gemini23 WinPosts: 265Member
edited May 2012 in Working and skilled visas
Hello, friends. Until now, I'm stuck on the next thing to do after my IELTS. I plan to retake it but I'm also thinking about my work experience which might not be qualified for any points as related to my nominated occupation which is secondary school teacher. Is there any other easy way or visa to apply for so I can teach (kahit na assistant teacher) in Australia?

Thank you in advance for any idea that you can share regarding on this topic. God bless us all!

Follow your heart but trust your gut.

Comments

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Check niyo po yung ANZSCO Job Site. Hanapin niyo po yung description nila sa trabaho niyo at hanapin niyo rin po ang job roles ng target nyong nominated occupation.

Kung maraming similarities sa listahan then may posibilidad po. You can also file for your skills assessment para official niyo po malalaman kung accredited sa Australia ang work experience niyo :)
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    Pwede ko nga gawin yun, pero need ko mag-retake ng IELTS kasi required nila all 7 scores. Thanks sa input.

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Take the IELTS na lang uli po...strict ang Australia sa IELTS lalo na kung ang nominated occupation ay academic :) They're also strict about your qualifications. Kung ang work experience niyo ay pang senior level na, hindi kayo papayagan kumuha ng mas mababa para lang makuha yung trabaho.

Another work-around would be to nominate a different occupation that does not require an IELTS 7...like...a welder for example. When you get your visa, go to Australia and apply for work as a teacher. Of course, the downside to that is you need to substantiate the other occupation so you get a positive assessment.
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    Ok, thanks again. I will try to find an occupation that I can substantiate.