Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

can 457 visa holder spouse work in Australia?

simpanasimpana North RydePosts: 42Member
edited May 2012 in Employer Sponsored Visas
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if a spouse of a 457 visa holder is allowed to work in Oz? Do Australian employers require a spouse to have a work permit first? What are the labor restrictions for a spouse.
Also while on a 457 visa can I start processing my skilled migrant visa?

Simpana

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if a spouse of a 457 visa holder is allowed to work in Oz? Do Australian employers require a spouse to have a work permit first? What are the labor restrictions for a spouse.
    Also while on a 457 visa can I start processing my skilled migrant visa?

Simpana
    You can work and study as well, basahin mo ang "What does this visa let me do?"
    ito ang link: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/

check mo kung regional ang lugar kung saan ang mister mo work... para after a year puede kayo mag apply ng PR Subclass 857 visa... kausapin lang nung mister mo yung employer nya kung papayag ang company. Ang obligation nya sa Employer sa 857 visa ay Hindi puede lumipat ng company within two year or else cancelled ang visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/

Puede rin ang PR Subclass 856 try ng mister mo Sposored din ng employer pero puede lumipat ng employer i'm not sure ilang years after ma-approve pero syempre sponsor ng employer yun kaya nasa mister mo yun syempre may obligation din to honor the employment contract. Its up to him.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/

Pero kung gusto naman ng employer ng mister mo mag sponsor mas prefer ko yung Subclass 856... its up to you Puede ka rin mag apply na ikaw for skilled migrant visa much better yun kasi nasa australia kana nun... staka para di kayu umasa din sa sponsor ng employer for Permanent resident.

Ang kagandahan kasi ng Sponsor ng employer within 6 months Permanent Resident na kayu. at malaki ang chance ma approve...

Please read yung link na binigay ko para maintindihan mo ng husto at mag research ka na rin.

The best is magtanung din kayu sa MARA para mas lalo mo ma intindihan at para ma explain kung anu ang magandang Visa na puede applyan... Para makapag decide kayu ng tama...

Goodluck

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• simpanasimpana North Ryde
    thank you very much for the info. Ill take time to read today.

thank you again
  • apcapc Brisbane
    Just an info. Beginning July 1, 2012. there will be changes to the 857 and 856 visa. You will have to wait two years to apply when transitioning from 457 to PR but I think the requirements will be less stringent. Consult with a MARA or read DIAC website for updates.
  • yaz10yaz10 Mandaluyong
    Hi po, I'am granted a 457 dependent visa, do i need to have an oec from poea before going there? thank you so much..hope you can enlighten me :)
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Hi po, I'am granted a 457 dependent visa, do i need to have an oec from poea before going there? thank you so much..hope you can enlighten me :)
    parang di na ata kailangan kasi dependent ka.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• yaz10yaz10 Mandaluyong
    thank u po, gnun po ba..kahit po mg wo-work ako dyan? :)