Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) OR Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

harinharin SydneyPosts: 12Member
Hi guys,

I need your advice.

We already have 190 visa sponsored by Victoria. We (me and wifey, no kids yet) already have made arrangements and will be moving to Melbourne by Jan 2016 (initial entry should be before Feb 2016). Now, my current employer (AUS company) would like to keep me but would require me to be based in Sydney. They are offering to give me a 457 visa.

I don't want to take the risk of having a temporary visa (457) over my current permanent one (190) but the idea of already having a good job even before going there is also something that I'm considering.

I'm thinking of the following options:
1. take the 457 and convert it later to permanent resident (I have no idea about the process, cost, etc)
2. make a request to the state of Victoria to release me from the moral obligation (I'm worried that they might take it negatively)
3. continue with the original plan of staying in Melbourne (resign and look for a new job)

What do you think guys? Do I have other options? What do you think is best path to take? Thanks!

Regards,
Harin

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    189 or 190? walang state sponsored na 189..keep your pr visa..if you are really good and the company will keep you, they can make arrangements based on your circumstances. as far as i know, may cap yata salary ng 457 visa kaya siguro mas gusto ng employer mo na 457 ka lang..kasi in the end PR pa rin ang target mo di ba? With visa 457, at least 2 years with the sponsoring employer before ka pwedeng mag apply ng PR
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    di macompensate yong benefits mo with a PR visa having a job with your current employet when you moved in on a 457 visa..with an australian employer overseas, may lamang ka na when you look for other employment here in Au
  • harinharin Sydney
    Sorry, 190 nga pala. Nalilito ako minsan sa code. Corrected. :) Thanks for the advice. Nabigla rin kasi ako sa offer na 457 visa (as in kanina lang) kaya hindi ko masyado alam yung difference nya sa 190. Nagreresearch ako ngaun.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    im sure di naman maganda na hihingi ka agad na marelease ng Victoria at saka di ka pa nga nakapag entry.ang labas nyan is parang ginawa mo lang silang way para makapasok ng Au and in fact nagagree ka don sa commitment to stay for 2 years
  • harinharin Sydney
    yun nga iniisip ko rin eh. baka magkaproblema pa ako sa current visa ko...
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    Actually wala naman nakalagay na condition dyan sa visa mo na talagang don ka sa sponsoring state in two years..pwede ka naman talaga pumunta sa ibang state pero di natin alam baka may impact ito when you apply for citizenship
  • harinharin Sydney
    ang sakin kasi eh may utang na loob ako sa Victoria at inisponsor nila ako kaya ayoko rin ibreak yun na hindi ok sa kanila.
  • harinharin Sydney
    @fgs Thanks a lot! nakakatulong lahat ng ito sa decision making namin.
  • harinharin Sydney
    I just received an advise from our migration agent. They advised me not to take the 457 visa kasi temporary lang sya at baka later on eh magkaproblema pa ako pag nagapply for PR. Ang suggestion nila is to ask my current employer that instead of giving me a 457 visa eh I'll just keep my 190 visa, tell state of Victoria that I'll temporarily work in Sydney to do transition, handover, etc, then afterwards eh move to Victoria. Sabi nila eh ok lang naman yun basta inform ko state of Victoria. Hindi sya permanent work pero I guess ok na rin yun pag pumayag employer ko sa ganong arrangement.
  • MSSMSS Canberra
    @harin I agree...ok ka na sa 190 bkt ka pa mgse settle sa 457? Hehe..kumbaga permanent ka na e..magiging temporary pa.dpat pausad tyo nde paatras.hehe...who knows e baka makakuha ka rin nmn ng work agad...tska korek ka..my utang na loob tyo sa state..