Hi! I'm starting a new thread to help new student visa applicants.. (im still waiting for my visa's decision.. so help me God ) [-O<
1) Decide on your course. Think. (it should be related to your course and future career)
-according to @adelaideboi
.. ang mga courses na pwede kang maemployed sa AU ay nursing, IT and aged care; pero syempre hindi lang yan madami pa ibang courses offered sa AU, so think.
2) Scout/search for possible schools and where to take it i.e: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth etc.. Search yung buhay sa napili nyung pupuntahan weather, accomodation, living expenses etc.
3) Contact CRICOS provider school for their specific requirements yung iba asa website na.. (main concern in this stage: IELTS exam - some schools require OBS7.0 and no grades below 7.0 especially pag bachelor's and master's degree and kukunin mo. score of 6.5 - for VET courses, certificates/diploma & isa pang concern ay yung Tuition fees, university costs A$10,000-A$15,000/sem for masteral and bachelors depende sa school.. ELICOS (english courses A$2000-A$5500).. VET courses- A$2000-A$7000 per sem)
4) Make a checklist of the requirements.
5) Schedule for IELTS exam. Review. Pray. Take the exams. Pray for your desired result. Wait for 13-14 days for the result.
6) While waiting for exam results, gather other requirements like TOR, Diploma (HS-College), download student visa forms, read http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/chooser/subclass-options.htm
and DL forms here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/application-forms/forms_alpha.htm#s
also read this - http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/en
7) IELTS exam results successful. :)>-
8) Pwede na magapply sa school. Check kung na comply lahat ng requirements ng school.
9) Wait for Offer Letter. Pag meron na, check kung okay na kayo dun, T.fees, length of classes, etc. if okay inform the school. Sign written agreement. Pay T.fees (I think yung iba 1 sem. lang yung required bayaran, and yung iba may choice kung sakanila ka kukuha ng student's medical insurance)
10) Complete all requirements for student visa
- read/search for checklist here http://www.immi.gov.au/students/checklists/
- depende yan sa course nyo: Subclass 570:ELICOS (assessment level 3); 572: VET (assess level 3); 573: Higher Education (assess. level 2 ata)
-read also streamlined visa processing http://www.immi.gov.au/business-services/education-providers/streamlined-visa-arrangements.htm
-read about http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-genuine-temporary-entrant.pdf
11) Bank certificates/ statements/ statutory declaration ng mag sponsor sa inyo,, (yung pera sa bank dapat 3 months ata before ka magapply andun); check for specific na amount na kailangan, it varies lalo na pag may dependents kau. for sinle ata at least A$18000/year plus Tuition fees ang laman sa bank so, pag 2 years ang course dapat at least A$36000 plus T.fees ata ang nasa banko ng sponsor nyu, hindi ata pwede ang time deposit, check nyu na lang din
12) After macomplete lahat ng requirements, pwede na kayo mag lodge.
read - http://www.philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/Where_to_apply2.html
13) Wait after 7-14days for the acknowledgement of the embassy, (usually they will email you, rarely ata thru SMS - i dont know basta email add is very important)
14) when you received the letter from the embassy, they will instruct you to do your medical exams
search for their website na lang, but for Manila applicants eto: St Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic
1177 J. Bocobo St. Ermita, Manila 1000 PHILIPPINES
For Australia, Canada,and New Zealand applicants- (+63 2) 524-6081; (+63 2) 526-0208 Nationwide Health Systems AUX Inc - Nationwide Health Systems AUX Inc
2nd Floor Annex, Zeta Building191 Salcedo StreetMakati City 1299
Telephone: +63 2 759 5022
*check for other threads here sa pinoyau sa experience nila from these 2 clinics para makahelp kau makadecide kung saan pupunta)
15) Medical exams. Wait and follow up after 3-5 days kung na upload na sa ehealth system yung files nyo.
16) If naupload na yung file, all we have to wait for our CO's decision, hit refresh (F5) once in a while sa email nyu hehe. No, just pray, pray and pray.
17) it really depends kung ilang days after maupload,, yung iba dito sa forum after 5 working days; 11 wdays; 17 w.days; 23 w.days. so depende talaga sa CO and sa application mo.
18) Visa granted. :-j
19) Buy your plane ticket. Enjoy and live a better study life in AU. Don't forget to thank God for your success.
To God be the glory.