Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(31378)

• SallieWic
  • carolus_magnus11
  • ryannebendol
  • ArlethaPe
  • HellenWil
  • Bububu
  • jadedevin13
  • babezerothree
  • pdrhj
  • AdrieneOc
  • 11tomes
  • PauletteK
  • NellLmg
  • loipal
  • gorgeous
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (19)

audreamerscorrappyka_CEdonyxhmacaraniaghopeful_ZignormsjsjabaanJwadekam247leadmemikaela07nutribunpcasingPherdsrainybrainyrejai_11samrocsuperluckycloverVirGlySyl

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Do you wish to engage a migration agent but it's just to costly? Visa Consort understands your situation and came up with a special year end offer exclusive to all Pinoy AU members! Check our here for more info

AU hiring process culture

What's Hot
kenkoykenkoy SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 4Member
edited November 2012 in Working in Australia Posts: 190
for those who have been employed or currently seeking for job and based in AU, what hiring process have u encountered? is it normal that a headhunter interview u & then the client on phone? what happens next? on skype or face-to-face? what could be the tell-tale signs that u are a strong candidate and will get hired? how long is the process until they come up w the decision? hired or not, do they notify? anyone?
... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• sohcsohc SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 22Member
    80% of jobs here are via headhunters. If this is your track, initial interview will be the headhunter. Second or final interview in the employer. Less than a week notification if your hired.

If direct hiring usually they ask for a letter of expression explaining your key competencies on the positon. There's a due date when the application will be closed. After that you will be notified for a final interview face-face (panel interview). If your hired they will notified you within the day or again less than a week.

Sharing based on my experience.
    ACS 262113 / Arrived in Adelaide 19/02/12
    Employment started 19/03/2012
    Enjoying the land down under :)
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon CityTotal Reaction Points: 27Member, Moderator
    @sohc, ganyan din ba kalakaran sa mga online sites tulad seek.com? Mas malaki ba ang tsansang lapitan ka ng headhunters dun?

• kenkoykenkoy SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 4Member
    @sohc: thank u for the info. have u been interviewed on skype? if ever u know one incident, how did it get along? and what happens next after skype? f2f or job offer? or is it the same in the phils..."don't call us, we'll call u" style. sorry for the many questions. i know & think, among u here, u are the most privileged. naks! hey, congrats to u! ka swerte mo. ;>
    ... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 249
    @LokiJr sa seek lang ako bro nagaapply because if you will look on other sites same advertisement lang din.

@kenkoy yes I experienced Skype interview using webcam and mic when I was still in Sydney. I stayed there for 2 weeks until I found a place to move here in Adelaide. After Skype is a f2f interview with the employer.

Never heard about that "dont call us". I think it's alright to call because near my desk is the HR assistant and I heard one time someone inquiring about application status.

I encountered this question a lot "why did you move in Oz?". I tell them to earn more so I can also help more less fortunate people back in my country.
    Also if the recruiter tells you that you have a face to face interview with any employer means your one step forward or one step away from your dream job.
  • kenkoykenkoy SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 4Member
    @sohc: thanx for sharing.

just the same. client called & asked some skill related questions and like the question u posted, "what made u decide to settle in AU?"

so after ur skype interview, u flew in to SA & had a f2f interview? when was the compensation brought up, skype or f2f? thanks!
    farrag
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 1Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BryannBryann SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 12Member
    Very interesting thread. :D I'm on the same boat as @kenkoy.
    Dec 13 2011 - ACS: Suitable (AQF Diploma)
    Feb 03 2012 - IELTS #1 Failed (W-6.5)
    Mar 02 2012 - IELTS #2 Passed
    Apr 21 2012 - 175 Visa Lodged Online
    May 29 2012 - CO Assigned
    Jun 25 2012 - Visa Grant (IED: Dec 14 2012)
    Aug 19 2012 - Arrived in Sydney
    Sept 10 2012 - Start @ 1st Job (Web Developer)
  • BryanBryan North RydeTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    may written exam din ba?
    ini-isip ko rin na baka may question related to "why move to AU" hehehe. so may nagtatanong pala talaga nito.
    God is Good!
  • JClemJClem MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 7Member
    Count me in. :)
    Nominated Occupation: Software Engineer (261313) - Husband is the primary applicant.

10.21.2012 - Arrived in Melbourne. This is the day that the Lord has made. :)
    03.26.2012 - Visa granted. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! :)
    03.23.2012 - PCC submitted and medicals finalized
    03.02.2012 - Application being processed further / CO assigned
    06.26.2011 - Lodged Visa 175 application
  • tigermjtigermj MandaluyongTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    eh ano po ba ang magandang sagot why you choose to settle in AU ? baka meron naman kayo sample :) salamat in advance
    @kenkoy salary discussion during face to face interview after Skype. Once your done with f2f interview with other recruiters the next time you receive a phone call from them they will tell you the salary right away.
    I think this was mentioned a long time ago...totoo bang may "Australian" format ng mga resume? If so, what so unique about their format? :)

edited July 2012 Posts: 249
    @LokiJr
    Based sa nakausap ko na dalawang Oz recruiter. They don't want reading your skills under work exp. What they want to see on the first page is like this info:

Skills - Level (Beg,Int,Adv,Exp) - Year of Exp

example: Exchange design & admin - Exp - 7 years.
    @sohc, wow may bago akong natutunan hehe. Di ko inakalang ayaw pala nila nun...Two pager na resume ba yung ok sa kanila o mas mahaba?

• k_mavsk_mavs MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 6Member
    Reply to @LokiJr: parang mas prefer nila sir is mga CV na maikli lang.mga 2-3 pages lang yung dami. Dapat siksikin mo na lng ng mabuti. :)
    “We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer.”
  • JClemJClem MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 7Member
    Parang no top, bottom, left and right margins, font size na below 8, single space lahat. :D
    Reply to @LokiJr: parang mas prefer nila sir is mga CV na maikli lang.mga 2-3 pages lang yung dami. Dapat siksikin mo na lng ng mabuti. :)
    Nominated Occupation: Software Engineer (261313) - Husband is the primary applicant.

10.21.2012 - Arrived in Melbourne. This is the day that the Lord has made. :)
    03.26.2012 - Visa granted. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! :)
    03.23.2012 - PCC submitted and medicals finalized
    03.02.2012 - Application being processed further / CO assigned
    06.26.2011 - Lodged Visa 175 application
  • fayefaye North RydeTotal Reaction Points: 3Member
    Sino po may sample format sa inyo ng oz resume? Pashare naman po

Thank you! :)
    Skilled – Family Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)
    Nominated Occupation: CHEMIST 2111-11
    11/MAY/2011 - IELTS Exam
    20/JUNE/2011 - Lodged Online Visa Application
    15/FEB/2012 - CO Allocation
    26/JUNE/2012 - VISA GRANTED! Thank you Lord!
    11/APR/2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    10/MAR/2013 - Arrived in Sydney :)

• donkingdonking MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 1Member
    Reply to @faye: gusto mo sendan kita? may nagpadala sakin galing sydney.
    April 24, 2011 - Submitted CDR to EA
    May 6, 2011 - IELTS BC OBS 7.0
    August 25, 2011 - Received positive assessment from EA
    February 22, 2012 - Resat IELTS IDP OBS 7.5
    April 13, 2012 - Applied SS SA
    May 1, 2012 - Received positive response from SA
    May 10, 2012 - Pre-lodgement to DIAC
    May 31, 2012 - Lodgement to DIAC
    May 31, 2012 - South Australia sent form 1100 to DIAC
    June 4, 2012 - application being processed further...
    June 4, 2012 - C.O. allocated
    June 4, 2012 - request for PCC and medicals
    June 6, 2012 - Medicals done
    June 7, 2012 - NBI
    June 8, 2012 - further medical results received
    June 27, 2012 - All medicals finalised
    July 2, 2012 - Visa Grant
  • stolich18stolich18 SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 33Member
    Reply to @donking:
    penge din ako copy hehe tnx! :-)
    261313 (Software Engineer)

Feb.15.2012 - started working on ACS requirements
    Mar.02.2012 - submitted online ACS application and sent documents to ACS via Fedex
    Mar.05.2012 - ACS acknowledged actual documents
    Mar.21.2012 - ACS finalised assessment: Suitable
    Mar.31.2012 - IELTS exam with BC
    Apr.13.2012 - IELTS Results (L:8.5 R:7 W: 7 S: 8 OB: 7.5) Thank you LORD!
    Apr.14.2012 - Lodged 175 Online Application
    Apr.20.2012 - Completed Online Attachments
    May.24.2012 - "Application being processed further"
    May.29.2012 - CO Assigned :-)
    Jun.07.2012 - Uploaded NBI Clearance
    Jun.13.2012 - Medical/Health Requirements Finalised
    Jun.14.2012 - VISA GRANT! Thank you, LORD! :-)
    Jun.07.2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    Apr.28.2013 - Initial Entry (Sydney)
    Jun.28.2013 - Verbal Job Offer (Melbourne)
    Jul.08.2013 - First day of Work and first day of child care for my son (Melbourne)
    Aug.21.2013 - First day of Work in Sydney

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3
  • stolich18stolich18 SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 33Member
    Reply to @sohc:
    tnx for sharing this! :-)
    261313 (Software Engineer)

Feb.15.2012 - started working on ACS requirements
    Mar.02.2012 - submitted online ACS application and sent documents to ACS via Fedex
    Mar.05.2012 - ACS acknowledged actual documents
    Mar.21.2012 - ACS finalised assessment: Suitable
    Mar.31.2012 - IELTS exam with BC
    Apr.13.2012 - IELTS Results (L:8.5 R:7 W: 7 S: 8 OB: 7.5) Thank you LORD!
    Apr.14.2012 - Lodged 175 Online Application
    Apr.20.2012 - Completed Online Attachments
    May.24.2012 - "Application being processed further"
    May.29.2012 - CO Assigned :-)
    Jun.07.2012 - Uploaded NBI Clearance
    Jun.13.2012 - Medical/Health Requirements Finalised
    Jun.14.2012 - VISA GRANT! Thank you, LORD! :-)
    Jun.07.2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    Apr.28.2013 - Initial Entry (Sydney)
    Jun.28.2013 - Verbal Job Offer (Melbourne)
    Jul.08.2013 - First day of Work and first day of child care for my son (Melbourne)
    Aug.21.2013 - First day of Work in Sydney

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3