Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Reasons for student visa denied application

JlowJlow MandaluyongPosts: 20Member
edited August 2012 in Study and Training Visa
Gusto ko lng po i share sainyo itong nabasa ko from other forum about visa refusal recently:

Below is the reason of the refusal :

I note that the applicant's highest qualification is first year college BS in Computer Science
with an employment background as a sales person and now a business owner who intends to
undertake a business, marketing, and management course at Australian Pacific College. In
relation to this point, 1 note that a similar quality course/study path is available in the
Philippines for a lower cost. When asked why study the course in AustraJia, the applicant
responded in Filipino stating "my sister (referring to her cousin) wants me to experience the
life in Australia". According to the applicant, studying in Australia would allow her to
interact with different people and learn from them. She also said that to study in Australia is
an opportunity that one could not pass. Whilst I accept and have placed weight on the fact the
applicant may wish to study in AustraJia for the ' opportunity', I cannot be satisfied only with
this statement considering her individual circumstances in the Philippines as well as the cost
and length of planned studies associated with obtaining a Certificate in Business and
Marketing and a Diploma of Management in Australia.

I have considered whether this course is likely to increase the applicant's remuneration level
or career prospects in he r country on her return from study. As she has stated, her intention is
to study a Certificate III in Business, Certificate IV in Marketing, and Diploma of
Management with the aim of uJtimately expanding her current business. She also intends to
pursue further studies should a need for it arises. Accordingly, I am not satisfied that the
propos ed course of s tudy will have a significant benefit to her future; the possible benefits of
this are loosely tied with her future plans considering that she has no concrete details about
he r plans in using the skills that she will obtain from this particular course of study except
that, in general terms, she would like to pursue further studies or establish a business. I am
unable to reconcile this action considering the cost and length of planned studies with
obtaining an education qualification in Australia which seems unlikely to increase the visa
applicant's remuneration level or career prospects in the Philippines on her return from study.
As discussed, I find that the applicant intends to study in an umelated field to their previous
studies and employment. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant's circumstances
support a genuine intention to temporarily stay in Australia.

I have considered whether the applicant's immigration history is relevant to the assessment of
your genuine intentions to temporarily stay in Australia and found that the applicant's recent
employment was as sales/cashier personnel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates from May 2011
to February 2012. Taking into account the applicant's current circumstances in the Philippines
of having no stable employment and the fact that the applicant has a recent history of working
as an OFW, I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant genuinely intends to stay
temporarily in Australia.

Comments

• YukishihYukishih Melbourne
    Oh my gulay, nakakatakot naman to. Ano ba dapat ang sagot para maconvince ang mga lolo at lola? Im scared!

22May2012 Applied at Deakin University
    24May2012 Deakin University assessment
    11June2012 Offer Letter
    13June2012 Requested for Campus transfer
    03July2012 Approved Request for transfer with new offer
    12July2012 Sent hard copies of documents before payment of tuition Fee
    17July2012 Paid tuition Fee
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    30July2012 Filed visa application at VIA centre
    31July2012 Received sms acknowledgement from Australian Embassy
    01August2012 Medical Notification
    Medicals done for my whole family except for my U/A
    which is pending
    25August2012 e-Health uploaded to Australian Embassy
    31August2012 Visa Granted!
    01September2012 Received Confirmation

That in all things GOD may be glorified!

• JlowJlow Mandaluyong
    Reply to @Yukishih: Sinabi mo pa, kahit anong sabihin minsan pag talagang ayaw nila approve visa denied na lang nila, nakakalungkot nga, pero siguro case to case basis naman, Hayyyy swertihan lng talaga sa pagaapply...
  • JlowJlow Mandaluyong
    Reply to @Yukishih: No need to be scared sis ks naka Streamline kana naman, unlike me under VET lng.
    Reply to @Jlow: Guaranteed visa na ba if streamlined? If sure na yun mawawala kaba ko. Hahaha. Kasi di ba parang ewan ko basta katakot. San forum mo nabasa sis?

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• rbolanterbolante North Ryde
    In my opinion, the outcome would have been different if the applicant stated a more sensible reason for her stay in Australia. Parang bitin kasi nung sinabi nyang reason about what life is like in Australia. Sana sinundutan nya ng mejo may weight nang konti para ma-convince nya ung CO or kung sino man kausap nya.

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Subclass 176)
    Software Programmer (261313)

05/03/2012 - Lodged visa application (Online)
    06/07/2012 - CO allocated/Medicals requested
    06/11/2012 - Medical exam at NHSI
    06/28/2012 - PCCs submitted
    07/03/2012 - Health requirements finalised
    07/13/2012 - Visa granted (IED: 06/19/2013)

Thanks be to God!!! :D

• JlowJlow Mandaluyong
    Reply to @rbolante: true yan depende talaga sa sagot ng aplikante, sample nga po ng mas medyo mabigat na reason why a Filipino people want to study in Australia instead in their home country?
  • JlowJlow Mandaluyong
    Reply to @Yukishih: actually send yan sakin ng kakilala ko na denied ung application, yan ung letter of refusal sa kanya ng CO nya. Yes sis swerte ka kc naka streamlined ka, unlike Us na level 3 .
    edited August 2012
    Reply to @Jlow: "I wanna see kangaroos in the flesh!" Hahahaha! Joke. :-P
    Well, she can state that she has plans of migrating there in case things work out in her studies as this will be like testing the waters before dipping into it. Or maybe, a relative of hers who is really well-off is willing to sponsor her studies and she just can't let that opportunity pass. PROVIDED that these facts are true and appropriate, i don't think the CO will still ask for more. :-)

@rbolante: very well said.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• HaideeNHaideeN Makati
    @jlow, may migration lawyeror agent po ba ung friend nyo na na deny or syablang mag isa naglakad ng application nya?

Subclass 572

Jan 23- VISA GRANT!!

To God Be All the Glory!!

Reply to @Yukishih: Thanks a lot po. :D

Reply to @HaideeN: Duda ko wala kasi kung meron man yung agent nya ang nakikipagusap dun. Sa agency din ako dumaan and ayaw nila na dumirekta akong makipagusap sa CO ko sila na daw bahala. Kaya ayun pag may pinapatanong ako sa kanila ko pinapadaan.

• HaideeNHaideeN Makati
    @rbolante un din nga po ang tingin ko eh, if ever magka random calls, dapat sa agency dumirekta para mga migration lawyer ang kakausap, hindi ang applicant.

Subclass 572

Jan 23- VISA GRANT!!

• HaideeNHaideeN Makati
    @rbolante, pasensya na po off topic itong tanong ko, napansin ko lang sa timeline nyo family sponsored kayo, may kamag anak lang po ba sa australia ang pwedeng mag apply ng ganyang visa? Thank you po.

Subclass 572

Jan 23- VISA GRANT!!

Reply to @HaideeN: Hello po.

Dati po before the July changes, there are two type of sponsorship under subclass 176:
    1.) Family/Relative sponsorship
    2.) State sponsorship

So kung wala po kayong kamag-anak dun pwede din po kayo magpa-sponsor sa state mas mabilis nga po yun eh. I have a batchmate inabot lang ng 2 months ung processing nila. But there are certain provisions like you don't have the freedom to choose whereever in Australia they wish to bring you and you have to stay there for at least 2 years.

Wala na akong idea ngayon sa bago nilang patakaran di ko na kasi inabutan. :D
    Anyway, my sister-in-law was the one who sponsored us. :-)

• ljustljust Sydney
    edited August 2012
    Okay, I just really have to comment on this, kahit na sinabi niyo na yun nasa utak ko. Hehe
    @rbolante is absolutely correct. His or her answer was wrong in all ways. She should've placed a big emphasis on education not on the experience. Secondly, she spoke in Filipino. Who would talk in Filipino when applying for a visa in an english-speaking country??

The person and I have somewhat the same situation. I took a different degree in college and I was an OFW for a year. I haven't even worked in any office-related job pa nga eh pero naapprove ako. I wasn't interviewed or anything, I reckon she was. The key to this is try to connect the course you are taking to your work experience and to whatever field you will pursue in the future. Connect it sensibly though. My essay was only 5 sentences long but I answered all the questions. Don't make it too lengthy, it will be dragging. Just answer it straight to the point. Wag na paligoy ligoy pa.
  • HaideeNHaideeN Makati
    @rbolante thank you po for the reply. We dont know anything po kasi about that visa sana ung state sponsorship na lang pala. My hubby s a mining engr and he has a cousin in brisbane.
    @beaj i think random calls ang tawag from the embassy and maybe pag magulo ang presentation ng documents mo, ttawagan ka nila. Kaya its best to accomplish all the requirements and make sure everthing is ok, bka naguluhan ang CO sa papers and answers nya.

Subclass 572

Jan 23- VISA GRANT!!

• knightknight Melbourne
    Nakakaba naman tong GTE na to. Btw, for those who include their partners in their application, paano nyo po na prove na genuine temporary entrant lang din sya?
  • juvyjuvy Quezon City
    Hi every one, share ko ang po yung akin, i also got my visa refusal. ang issue sa akin is High school credential yung sinumbit ko. which is dapat at least first year college considereing nakatapus ako till 4th year level ng college, but since yun yung credentials kung available pinasa ko na lang yung HS. yun yung explanation na sinabi sa akin pero sabi .. dko daw na meet yung schedule 2 clause 572.223 and 5A409, yung 5A409 yun yug clause stating na dapat grade 12 or equivalent pero yun clause 572.223 dko pa din ma gets. gusto ko ma re apply can some one help me how to do it, im doing things on my own. i dont have my agent. i cant afford to screw it up on the 2nd time around... im so frusrated.
  • noynoynoynoy Quezon City
    does anyone here get student visa refused because of their previous visa?..
    Reply to @juvy: Hi, why not consult IDP para maassist ka talaga nila at maguide every step of your application. Im not saying na we cant help you here pero mas maganda yung ipakita mo lahat ng credentials mo para sila mag assess at mabigyan ka ng sound advice regarding your case. Tsaka kung ano dapat iprovide na documents to back up your application.

That's my opinion lang naman,sis.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• juvyjuvy Quezon City
    Reply to @Yukishih: thank u.yah, ill be going to manila next week, asa province kasi ako, free of charge ba sila?
  • sisa16sisa16 Melbourne
    Reply to @juvy: I agree with Yuki na magconsult ka sa IDP. Free of charge sila.

June 30, 2012 : Took IELTS. Passed OB = 8.0
    August 24, 2012 : Applied at ECU
    September 18, 2012 : Received Letter of Offer from ECU
    September 20, 2012 : Applied at Murdoch Uni.
    October 18, 2012: Received Letter of Offer from Murdoch Uni.
    March 19, 2013: VETASSESS received my documents
    June 7, 2013: Skills assessment yielded positive result! :)
    June 7, 2013: EOI submitted
    June 17, 2013: Applied for WA SS
    June 27, 2013: Application for WA SS was successful! :)
    June 30, 2013: Signed the agreement
    July 1, 2013: Received invitation to apply for Visa SC 190
    July 21, 2013: Lodged Visa Application
    August 15, 2013: CO emailed me regarding additional documents. Currently in the Philippines. Applied for NBI clearance.
    August 27, 2013: Medical at St. Luke's. Pinabalik ako.haha!
    September 2, 2013: Received NBI Clearance.
    September 8, 2013: Back in UAE. Immediately applied for police clearance.
    September 10, 2013: Received UAE Police Clearance. Uploaded final documents.
    September 11, 2013: Visa Grant Notice received via email. Nostalgic. I miss you,mama. This is for you. I love you.
    February 10, 2014: Flight to Perth

• Cheers25Cheers25 Melbourne
    Reply to @noynoy: it seems to me na youre worried of visa denials bec. of previous applications? ive been denied thrice (twice for u.sa., once in france) both are tourists visas,, i read everything about GTE, and it heighten my anxiety level kasi may sinabi dun about previous visa denials may affect application., BUT i consult my agent and he told me not to worry because my previous applications (denials) was absolutely different from my stdent visas application, I guess he was right, Nagrant ako., pray trust and lift everything to God.. Ü

To God be the glory.

Subclass 572 Timeline (2-3 months processing)
    June 13, 2012 - Lodged application via PIASI
    June 19, 2012 - Student acknowledgement letter received
    June 20, 2012 - Medicals @ St. Lukes
    June 25, 2012 - Medical examination results forwarded to the Australian Embassy thru the e-health system
    July 10, 2012 - Additional Information Request
    July 12, 2012 - Picked up additional information
    July 27, 2012 - Visa Granted. Thank you Father God! :)

• noynoynoynoy Quezon City
    @Cheers25 ganun den sabi nang agent ko...during the phone interview the CO ask regarding my previous visa which is Child migration whew very much worried...thanks Cheers25 nasa australia ka na?heheheh buti ka pa...yesss c God na bhala sa lahat..
    Reply to @HaideeN: Yup pwede sana mag-sponsor ung cousin ng hubby mo provided that he/she is willing to do so and is financially capable to support you when you arrive. Alam ko may hininging document sa sponsor namin regarding that one. But it should be okay kung naka-lodge na kayo. In demand naman ang mining-related workforce dun ngayon eh. Samahan nyo na din ng dasal coz everything will be possible when you pray to Him. :-)

• JELLiiiNJELLiiiN Cebu City
    hi, guys! I really love this forum. I can sense the BAYANIHAN in other way, sino pa ba ang magtutulongan diba?

Any how, personally, I really love applying a student visa, I would like to get a aged care, im a newly registered nurse. I wanted to take aged care at Cambridge International school or at Academia International and academia Australia school, which is better?
  • OhmygagOhmygag Sydney
    i think one's bank account should give a convincing answer to why study in australia.
  • chardaubreychardaubrey Doha
    Good morning po, nakita ko po ang ads nyo sa forum sa pinoyau.info at eto po ang nagtulak sa kin para po pangaraping makapunta ng australia sa madaling paraan, currently po ako ay nagwowork as IT support / Document Controller sa isang engineering company dito sa Doha Qatar at plan ko po magtrabaho sa australia pero nakita kong mas madaling makaland sa australia pag nag-student visa.

Sana po matulungan nyo ko ano ano po ang magandang schools na need lang ay low band ng ielts, ano pong say nyo sa La Trobe university sa melbourne...Ok po ba ang Phil.management na agency?

ANg Phil.management po ay may program na married couple with BS degree na pwedeng magstudy sa Australia...ang isa po ay full time na magaaral while ang isa ay pwedeng full time na magwowork ok po ba eto?

At sa paghahanap po ba ng work dyan ay gaano po kahirap maghanap at makakaraos po ba kami kapag dalawa kami pupunta dyan at habang ako ay ngwowork full time sya naman ay full time nagaaral.

Thanks po in advance waiting for your kind response.

Regards,
    Richard Tablan
  • LakiMaselLakiMasel Perth
    "my sister (referring to her cousin) wants me to experience the
    life in Australia".

Pwede naman kasi maranasan ang buhay sa Australia maski Tourist ka lang :)