Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

working and supporting yourself on a student visa

2»

Comments

• patientlywaiting1994patientlywaiting1994 Sydney
    @MichiDC wow malapit lang pala tayu..kmusta? Start na class mo.
  • MichiDCMichiDC North Ryde
    @patientlywaiting1994 yes sis. School break na nga eh. Saang school ka pala and course?
  • tootiestooties Mandaluyong
    @GoldSeeker If nagwowork k as pharmacist try mag apply sa mga chemist shop. Yan kasi ang tawag sa mga pharmacy sa AUS.

e.g. chemistwarehouse.com.au
  • KrisQKrisQ Adelaide, Sout Australia
    @jillisraju hello, kamusta job hunting? I want to go back and give an updated reply sa working to pay course fees. I still say NO. Masyadong mahal ang course fees eh tapos part-time or casual work lang mahahanap mo dahil sa limit ng visa work rights natin which is 40hours fortnightly or 40hours kada-2 weeks.
    Currently, im working at a five-star hotel sa city, november ako na-hired( thank you lord!) as food and beverage attendant( target ko kase hospitality industry kase yung course ko same field para pag-napply ako ng PR eh related studies sa work pero dapat before I finish Uni makapasok ako sa marketing/sales dept ng hotel kase yun ang nasa CSOL list for migration) and makes about 20aud/hour. so usually ang monthly pay eh 1500$ lang. Hindi yun sapat pang course fees kase lumalabas na almst 4000$/subject. unless makahanap ka ngf work na magbibigay ng 50$/hour baka mas malaki take-home mo dun.

Ang hirap makahanap ng work. it took me almost four months. nung una casual job lang, sinama ako ng mga classmates ko na Indians. then nagtry na ako mag-apply nung may career fair na kame. Gandahan mo sulat ng COVER Letter sa mga HR kase they read it. yun ang way para maka-kuha na phone interview. ang bilis lang kase process sa akin. like days pagitan ng phone interview, sa face to face- then contract signing na.

goodluck!

Pathway to Student Dependent Visa 2017
    April 5,2017- Submitted Dependent Child Application to Study
    at International Education Services, Department for Education and Child Development
    April 6,2017- Received Letter Offer for Enrolment of my Son
    April 7,2017- Paid Tuition Fees and Upgraded Single Coverage insurance to Family Cover (from Allianz OSHC to BUPA OSHC Family Advantage
    April 10,2017- Lodged Application online SubClass 500 Subsequent Entrant for Husband and Son and received HAP no. for medicals
    April 11,2017- Immi Acknowledgement Email
    April 12,2017- Medicals Done at Nationwide Makati
    May 10,2017 - Student Dependants Visa Granted( Subsequent entrant)

• The dependant's visa are also issued by the same case officer who issued my student visa in 2016*
      May 18,2017 - Arrived in Adelaide =)

Pathway to Student Visa 2016
    March 18,2016- Consulted and Submitted all documents to AECC Global Makati SVP 573
    March 22,2016- Submitted application to Le Cordon Bleu Australia for Master in Int. Hospitality Management
    March 24,2016- Hap No. received via ImmiAccount (for medicals)
    March 30,2016- Offer Letter received from Le Cordon Bleu Australia
    March 30,2016-Completed Medicals at Nationwide, Makati
    April 4,2016- Paid Course Fee and OSHC
    April 13,2016 - Schedule to take PTE Academic Exam at Makati
    April 13,2016 - Received COE from Le Cordon Bleu Australia
    April 15,2016- PTE Academic Results released (passed)
    April 18,2016- AECC Global Makati lodge application at VFS
    April 25,2016- VFS Global replied to email and sent VLN No. to use to track application
    April 26,2016- Received Student Acknowledgment Letter from Australian Embassy c/o Glaiza
    May 3,2016 - student Visa subclass 573 Svp Granted!(thank you,Lord!)
    June 20,2016 - Flight to Adelaide, Australia

• justredjustred Laguna
    @KrisQ hi sis! how ru? Congrats sa job. kainspire nman.. pano ka nag apply sa hotel? yun din kasi target ko.anyway im from Melbourne nman..
  • KrisQKrisQ Adelaide, Sout Australia
    @justred I think you need to be assertive-- I asked helped from my Indian classmates to take me with them during their casual stints nung vacation period.It helps that I befriended everyone in class and knows their name and may idea about something about them. I visited Chennai,India years ago so may conversation starter agad ako. They made me promise not to quit when the going gets tough kase wala akong hotel experience. Meron na ding kase nag-walk out sa gitna ng shift. The boys taught me how to hold plates and glasses( on tray) and I volunteered sa Le Cordon Bleu work experience(unpaid)listing to get me started. It paid off naman. During the LCB careers fair, I made sure that to talk directly sa HR supervisors and built rapport( forte ko kase ang speaking and I worked in PUBLIC RELATIONS so alam ko mag-pa PR) so at the end, i got their personal emails and yun submit lang. One HR pointed out that I submitted a nice cover letter-- ayaw ko ng generic, I want mine expressing, interesting yet professional-looking. Aside sa ma-PR ako, i worked in Sales and Call centres before kaya marunong humandle ng phone call interviews.ang bilis kase ng hiring sa akin. on the last stage, I was just honest na wala akong formal trainings except volunteer lang. And because I researched the hotel before the interview, naka-pag sabi pa ako na since the hotel was awarded for excellent training in 2015, why not just train me instead for the skills that I lack--because i have the people skills needed and beneficial for the job.
    So start writing amazing cover letter, follow Australian style resume. make sure grammar-free yan! always listen sa phone interview and never be shy saying please repeat, or pardon but I do not understand. Dress smartly during the face to face interview at ang pinaka-importante--- MAG-DASAL KA, to the point that you are crying na, because it came from the heart.

Pathway to Student Dependent Visa 2017
    April 5,2017- Submitted Dependent Child Application to Study
    at International Education Services, Department for Education and Child Development
    April 6,2017- Received Letter Offer for Enrolment of my Son
    April 7,2017- Paid Tuition Fees and Upgraded Single Coverage insurance to Family Cover (from Allianz OSHC to BUPA OSHC Family Advantage
    April 10,2017- Lodged Application online SubClass 500 Subsequent Entrant for Husband and Son and received HAP no. for medicals
    April 11,2017- Immi Acknowledgement Email
    April 12,2017- Medicals Done at Nationwide Makati
    May 10,2017 - Student Dependants Visa Granted( Subsequent entrant)

• The dependant's visa are also issued by the same case officer who issued my student visa in 2016*
      May 18,2017 - Arrived in Adelaide =)

Pathway to Student Visa 2016
    March 18,2016- Consulted and Submitted all documents to AECC Global Makati SVP 573
    March 22,2016- Submitted application to Le Cordon Bleu Australia for Master in Int. Hospitality Management
    March 24,2016- Hap No. received via ImmiAccount (for medicals)
    March 30,2016- Offer Letter received from Le Cordon Bleu Australia
    March 30,2016-Completed Medicals at Nationwide, Makati
    April 4,2016- Paid Course Fee and OSHC
    April 13,2016 - Schedule to take PTE Academic Exam at Makati
    April 13,2016 - Received COE from Le Cordon Bleu Australia
    April 15,2016- PTE Academic Results released (passed)
    April 18,2016- AECC Global Makati lodge application at VFS
    April 25,2016- VFS Global replied to email and sent VLN No. to use to track application
    April 26,2016- Received Student Acknowledgment Letter from Australian Embassy c/o Glaiza
    May 3,2016 - student Visa subclass 573 Svp Granted!(thank you,Lord!)
    June 20,2016 - Flight to Adelaide, Australia

• justredjustred Laguna
    @KrisQ thank you so much for your very informative reply.. hehe i will take note of that. thanks sis.. it gives me a boost of confidence din..
  • lolaylolay Mandaluyong
    Hi All,
    Thanks for sharing your experiences ...nakaka boost kayo ng morale. I'll be going to Sydney this Sep...and sana swertehin din sa pag process ng student visa at makahanap ng work.
    Ask ko lang po...since may limitation ang student visa sa work hours, hindi ba pwede mag apply sa permanent part time pag student visa holder ka? May mga work kasi ako nakikita sa seek.com na permanent part time. Thanks in advance sa magre reply!
  • agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    @lolay hello, pede ka naman magapply ng permanent part-time as long as 20 hours per week or 40 hrs a f/n. kadalasan kasi more than 20 hours required nila pag permanent part time. all the best!

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!

• iyaiya Quezon City
    edited August 2017
    Hello po. Tanong ko lang, kelan pwede magstart magwork ng more than 40hrs pag bachelors ang kinukuha? May mga nacredit kasi na mga subjects sakin, So mid september wala na pasok sa mga may nacredit na students, pero yung mga regular students til october pa. Pwede na ba ko mag more than 40hrs or need pa hintayin yung totoong school holidays? Sir @danyan2001us and others please help po. Thanks!
  • agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    @iya hello, pag course is in session (including examination periods), 40 hrs lang pede. If its the uni gazetted uni breaks, dun lang pede magwork ng fulltime.

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!

• iyaiya Quezon City
    @agentKams Ah ok po. Thank you po. Sayang naman kasi. Akala namin basta wala na pasok pwede na. Pero mas okay na sumunod kesa mag take ng risk. Thank you po ulit.
  • drodrodrodro adelaide australia
    Hi,

Will go to Adeliade, AUS this october. (SUB ENT VISA)
    Hi hopes and High risk ang dala ko. Because its my first time to live abroad without my family. I dont need to study in Uni since yung wife ko ung main applicant at siya ang nag aaral sa UNI. I have 8104 also so 20/week lang pwede mag work. Any idea if I can do side jobs? (Graphic Design, Online tutor, Photography, Gardener, Car wash)

Salamat sa sasagot.

January 16 - 1st try to apply Sub Ent Visa
    January 29 - Denied
    July 29 - 2nd try to apply Sub Ent Visa
    Aug - VISA GRANTED
    Oct 18 - Go to OZ to be with my wife
  • ellaineellaine Philippines
    Wow.. congratulations. Adelaide dn kami ng husband ko. By next year pa. San nagaaral wife mo?