Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Renewing Philippine epassport

Shaun 1982Shaun 1982 Melbourne Posts: 1Member
Hi guys I'm Shaun. First time posting here. Hope you all are well. I have some questions I need to ask as I have been emailing the Consulate and they are back slack at replying and they reply with very little effort on the Information they provide.

I'm filipino but Aussie citizen. I was raised in Australia but born in Phils. My wife has been here 6 yrs and is a permanent resident but still has her old Philippine epassport.

My parents wanted us to come with them to the Philippines so my wife's parents and siblings can see her and our 2 kids so they amazingly paid for all our tickets. We are going early November.

We went to the Melbourne consulate and got bad news that the renewals was early this year as we need to go to Canberra to renew which kinda sucks but we have to.

I came across two websites for renewal.

This link us from the Philippines embassy website which states that my wife has to provide the permanent resident certificate. We have never received one so we will request from Vevo.
This link also states she need to provide one ID document and 3 supporting documents on the list which she doesn't have. We only have the nso marriage cert.

https://www.philembassy.org.au/passport/108-application-requirements

This link is from the Philippines consulate website which states the permanent resident certificate is only needed if granted permanent resident before 2007 which she wasn't as she came to Australia in 2010.

I can't see any requirements to provide ID documents.

http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/passport/passport-renewals.html

It's so confusing the requirements for a renewal passport when she has the original passport and drivers license.

How can 2 websites request different things?
When they are for the same epassports. They should be the same requirements and procedures

Sorry for the very long topic. We are just so confused. Has anyone had any personal experience recently renewing their passport in Canberra.

Thank
Shaun

Comments

• LJemLJem Melbourne
    I renewed my passport in Canberra and it took me only 15 minutes to do the application. Download the passport renewal form in the website and bring the duly signed document to the embassy together with your old passport. You may bring other identification cards but in my experience the old passport was the only document they required. You can call them and tell that you need to renew your passport because you have plans of visiting the Philippines, with these numbers:
    Telephone image +61.262732535 / 36
    Mobile image +61.262733984
    By the way, it's better to confirm if their office is open on the day you want to come. Sometimes they have different public holidays.
    Hope this would help you. Cheers ☺️
  • ljfraser15ljfraser15 Woolloongabba
    Hi Shaun! I renewed mine last month in Canberra. It was quick and easy. I let them know that I'm going to Philippines in two weeks so they ask me to make a letter that I'm going to pick up my passport in the Philippines when I get there. if you renew here it will took 4-6 weeks. So they advise me to get it there because I can't go back here in Australia with an expiry passport even tho it's only 5months before expiry. Hope it helps.
  • CamelliaCrossCamelliaCross Melbourne
    Hello @LJem & @ljfraser15, Tanong ko lang po, did you book an appointment with the Philippine Embassy before you went to Canberra? Planning to renew my passport here, your comments gave me hope. Answers will be appreciated, thank you. :D