Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Is it easy to find a nursing job in Aussie?

ilovecakeilovecake PerthPosts: 13Member
edited August 2012 in Other Migration Topic
I am a 457 visa holder and I've been in Aussie for a month. I'm planning to bring my brother who just passed his RN board exam in Philippines. I was wondering what kind of visa he needs to apply for and how many years of work experience does he need to land a good job here...

Comments

• YukishihYukishih Melbourne
    @ilovecake better if he has at least 2 years work experience. He needs to undergo bridging program before he can work as a nurse in au.

22May2012 Applied at Deakin University
    24May2012 Deakin University assessment
    11June2012 Offer Letter
    13June2012 Requested for Campus transfer
    03July2012 Approved Request for transfer with new offer
    12July2012 Sent hard copies of documents before payment of tuition Fee
    17July2012 Paid tuition Fee
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    30July2012 Filed visa application at VIA centre
    31July2012 Received sms acknowledgement from Australian Embassy
    01August2012 Medical Notification
    Medicals done for my whole family except for my U/A
    which is pending
    25August2012 e-Health uploaded to Australian Embassy
    31August2012 Visa Granted!
    01September2012 Received Confirmation

That in all things GOD may be glorified!

• adelaide_boiadelaide_boi Sydney
    Nursing job is the MOST in-demand job in all states across the board.

Requirement= ielts7, 3-month bridging program. In South Australia, 100% of BP trainees are being absorbed by the hospitals.

one hella' skilled visa grantee. Happily ended up as an ICT gov't employee where SKILLS Australia is just one desk away!

• ilovecakeilovecake Perth
    Thank you Yukishih and adelaide_boy. I am actually situated here in Perth and prefer that he can work here too. I will ask him to get 2 years experience in Manila... How much is the average cost of the bridging program?
    Cheapest is 10k but it can go up to 15k in some schools. He can do volunteer works po.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• audreameraudreamer Sydney
    required po ba ang experience? may kakilala ako nag bridging program lang then nakapagtrabaho na.
    @audreamer may school kasi na nirerequire ang experience meaning paid or non paid. Kapag wala ka experience dumaan ka muna ng Aphra kasi majority ng schools who offers bridging program isa sa requirement nila ang experience. Advantage mo din if meron ka para mas may edge ka whenyou apply for work over the others kumbaga bala mo yon. On the hand, may mga natapos din ng bridging na walang experience at nagpakitang gilas while placement ayon naabsorb ng hospital. Kaya naman even without experience siguro basta magtyaga lang and be ready sa competition and hwag masyado mapili. Madalas ko yan mabasa sa ibang forum advice nila.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• iammaxwell1989iammaxwell1989 Melbourne
    I'm including my gf as a secondary applicant for visa 476. She's a nurse with almost 1 year exp sa SLMC. Prior to that she has 1 - 2 years exp in private provincial hospitals.

Which is better in terms of nursing job market, Melbourne or Perth? Thanks.

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    26 Oct 2012 - IELTS Results
    17 Feb 2013 - Lodged Visa 476
    07 June 2013 - CO Allocated
    22 Aug 2013 - Visa Grant for me and my girlfriend
    07 April 2014 - Touchdown Melbourne!
    14 March 2015 - IELTS in Melbourne
    16 June 2015 - Submitted EA Skills Assessment (Electrical Engineer)
    23 June 2015 - PTE-A in Melbourne
    2 July 2015 - Received positive EA skills assessment
    6 July 2015 - Submitted EOI for visa 189 (65 points)
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA
    4 Aug 2015 - Lodged app for visa 189. Bridging visa released
    19 Nov 2015 - Visa 189 granted for me and my GF
    7 April 2018 - Lodged Citizenship
    21 Jan 2019 - Immi response
    29 March 2019 - Citizenship exam passed

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    experience will matter because the schools will use it to determine how long your bridging program will be.. ung walang experience or very little lang depende sa school ha, some school will advocate that they take almost 1 year bridging for about 30 thou aud..but those with more than 3 years experience usually 3 months lang, the bridging program i know of is in brisbane for 13 thou aud. but there is also a school there in perth. so please do give them a call and ask for what program they will offer.

work wise..kahit saan is good in australia. if it's nursing and you have the necessary experience and you have done your bridging program and have a current / valid aphra license regardless of state then it's not a problem to find work. some hospitals that you will affiliate with during your bridging sometimes offer you a job, or will give you an opportunity to apply with them.. so after the bridging and with an aphra nursing license.. you do have a choice na agad.

so for nurses coming here..requirement lang are the following ielts+ experience+ bridging = aphra current valid nursing license.

happy job hunting!:D

if you find a job somewhere in nsw near prince of wales hospital/ royal women's or sydney children..i got an available room in my flat!:D hehehehe! would be nice to have another nurse in the flat.. para my instant day off buddy! good luck!
    experience will matter because the schools will use it to determine how long your bridging program will be.. ung walang experience or very little lang depende sa school ha, some school will advocate that they take almost 1 year bridging for about 30 thou aud..but those with more than 3 years experience usually 3 months lang, the bridging program i know of is in brisbane for 13 thou aud. but there is also a school there in perth. so please do give them a call and ask for what program they will offer.

work wise..kahit saan is good in australia. if it's nursing and you have the necessary experience and you have done your bridging program and have a current / valid aphra license regardless of state then it's not a problem to find work. some hospitals that you will affiliate with during your bridging sometimes offer you a job, or will give you an opportunity to apply with them.. so after the bridging and with an aphra nursing license.. you do have a choice na agad.

so for nurses coming here..requirement lang are the following ielts+ experience+ bridging = aphra current valid nursing license.

happy job hunting!:D

if you find a job somewhere in nsw near prince of wales hospital/ royal women's or sydney children..i got an available room in my flat!:D hehehehe! would be nice to have another nurse in the flat.. para my instant day off buddy! good luck!
    Ms. @li_i_ren, thank you, that's nice to know.

How's the work environment(work load, benefits, day off) for nurses? Thanks a lot. =)

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA

i work in i.c.u so 1 to 1...hehehehe! in the wards naman it's 1 is to 4/5 patients. australia is the only country other than the state of california na may nurse to pt. ratio. pero saying that sa rest homes po, iba naman ung protocol kasi they are not considered patients but are considered " residents" so 1 nurse can have 25 residents and a couple of caregivers to help her.

i work 12 hours a day.. meron din po 8 hours pero i like 12 hours a day kasi i get 3-4 days off which i can spend with my family. self rostering po kami.. depende po sa unit, most units/ wards will give naman your requested roster kaya lang skills mix will always be considered din so di pwdi na lahat new grad or lahat senior nurses on 1 day so most often than not they will give naman your requested roster pero other times di rin..give and take lang naman.

benefits, ok ung salary packaging schemes (please google na lang po kasi mahirap / mataas i-explain) , hourly pay is really really based on years of experience! when i went for the job and contract signing ko with the nurse manager, 1 by 1 she asked me about the certificates i presented to her and she got a calculator and computed how many years experience i have work for ! so when i say experience, talagang very very important po yan kasi it will determine your salary in australia.

meron akong friend, who came also from new zealand. ung experience nya sa pinas di na considered kaya bumaba ung pay grade nya but he argued talaga na if new zealand considered his experience in the philippines why not australia.. and i think he got it considered naman kasi talagang very big difference ung pay nya if he didn't fight for it. imagine he had 3 years in the philippines and only a year in new zealand.. 4 years total na sana..if his 3 years would not be considered talagang very very big pay difference po yan.

work environment, kasi galing na akong new zealand almost 3 plus year din ako dun..i can really say that australians are supportive BUT not friendly. i got used kasi sa new zealand culture that people are very open and people are always offering to help. supportive ang ozzies but you have to be the one to ask for help. you have to be the one to initiate the conversation...if you don't ask. they won't offer help/ information din. sa nz, kasi if like you do bed making automatic if free ung kiwi..they come and help you..here kahit they are free.. they will let you be. they are very independent sa work. di naman masungit, i guess culture lang nila na if you don't ask..you don't get help din.

pero di naman racism yan.. i guess ugali lang na very independent.

so if you don't know something, ask. there are no stupid question naman to them.

pay grade nasa google din yan..im not sure lang if updated or go sa nsw nursing union. i can't tell you about other states kasi nsw based po ako:)
    wow, thanks a lot @li_i_ren. kwento ko sa girlfriend ko. =)

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA

I have a question po kasi i was trying to check online if i could get a part time as pca kaso mostly sa hinahanap nila dapat may aged care cert im a nursing student po. Hindi po pala possible na pca part time kuhanin ko. Hehe. Yung mga nakausap ko kasi sabi puede.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

@Yukishih punta ka ng agency.. kasi BSN ka sa atin diba? then student ka pa dito.. im sure you don't need that certificate..some caregivers/ nursing assistants are school drop outs/ stoppers.. so if they can find a caregiving job bakit ikaw na RN sa pinas and student pa ng nursing program here in oz can't work.. try mu:D
    @li_i_ren opo. Thank you po sa reply.

11June2012 Offer Letter
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    which is pending

• Rommel1982Rommel1982 North Ryde
    @Yukishih pwede ka mag-work as AIN/Undergrad since Uni student ka BN as long as may clinical experience kana dito

Student Visa Subclass 573 Higher Education
    University of Western Sydney
    Bachelor of Nursing

• tdytdy Sydney
    i work in i.c.u so 1 to 1...hehehehe! in the wards naman it's 1 is to 4/5 patients. australia is the only country other than the state of california na may nurse to pt. ratio. pero saying that sa rest homes po, iba naman ung protocol kasi they are not considered patients but are considered " residents" so 1 nurse can have 25 residents and a couple of caregivers to help her.

i work 12 hours a day.. meron din po 8 hours pero i like 12 hours a day kasi i get 3-4 days off which i can spend with my family. self rostering po kami.. depende po sa unit, most units/ wards will give naman your requested roster kaya lang skills mix will always be considered din so di pwdi na lahat new grad or lahat senior nurses on 1 day so most often than not they will give naman your requested roster pero other times di rin..give and take lang naman.

benefits, ok ung salary packaging schemes (please google na lang po kasi mahirap / mataas i-explain) , hourly pay is really really based on years of experience! when i went for the job and contract signing ko with the nurse manager, 1 by 1 she asked me about the certificates i presented to her and she got a calculator and computed how many years experience i have work for ! so when i say experience, talagang very very important po yan kasi it will determine your salary in australia.

meron akong friend, who came also from new zealand. ung experience nya sa pinas di na considered kaya bumaba ung pay grade nya but he argued talaga na if new zealand considered his experience in the philippines why not australia.. and i think he got it considered naman kasi talagang very big difference ung pay nya if he didn't fight for it. imagine he had 3 years in the philippines and only a year in new zealand.. 4 years total na sana..if his 3 years would not be considered talagang very very big pay difference po yan.

work environment, kasi galing na akong new zealand almost 3 plus year din ako dun..i can really say that australians are supportive BUT not friendly. i got used kasi sa new zealand culture that people are very open and people are always offering to help. supportive ang ozzies but you have to be the one to ask for help. you have to be the one to initiate the conversation...if you don't ask. they won't offer help/ information din. sa nz, kasi if like you do bed making automatic if free ung kiwi..they come and help you..here kahit they are free.. they will let you be. they are very independent sa work. di naman masungit, i guess culture lang nila na if you don't ask..you don't get help din.

pero di naman racism yan.. i guess ugali lang na very independent.

so if you don't know something, ask. there are no stupid question naman to them.

pay grade nasa google din yan..im not sure lang if updated or go sa nsw nursing union. i can't tell you about other states kasi nsw based po ako:)
    thank you po for sharing. :)