Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Anyone who can help me move to Australia and find a job?

geemontanielgeemontaniel MandaluyongPosts: 9Member
edited September 2012 in Working and skilled visas
hi, im new in this site. im 19 years old, i stopped schooling cause I lost financial support, my parents are both weak and are not capable to work anymore, but i should be on my 3rd year now, taking up BS.Medical Technology.. And so I really need to work abroad so I can send myself to college. I have 9 months experience in a call center., Is there anyone who can help me move to Australia and find a job? The thing is, I don't have a relative in Australia. I dont know anything about migrating to Australia and I dont want myself to be in trouble.. I need your help guys.

Comments

• geemontanielgeemontaniel Mandaluyong
    edited September 2012
    @lock_code2004: lets talk here.. :) Well Im not actually looking for a job that is course-related. Any job would do, i guess, for now..
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @geemontaniel - your option is to find for an employer who is willing to sponsor you..
    for a start, you can check.. workabroad.ph.. this is a philippine-based site.. select job openings for australia, and you can see what type of skills/jobs are currently needed in australia..

if you believe you satisfy the requirements then apply for it.. these jobs are posted by manpower agencies in the phils..

looking at your details, there is a slim chance that you are suitable, with no degree and enough work experience... i am not discouraging you.. but im being honest...

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    @geemontaniel - your option is to find for an employer who is willing to sponsor you..
    for a start, you can check.. workabroad.ph.. this is a philippine-based site.. select job openings for australia, and you can see what type of skills/jobs are currently needed in australia..

if you believe you satisfy the requirements then apply for it.. these jobs are posted by manpower agencies in the phils..

looking at your details, there is a slim chance that you are suitable, with no degree and enough work experience... i am not discouraging you.. but im being honest...
    tama si @lock_code2004, without a degree and work experience, DIAC will deem you as not suitable for immigrant visa.

work visa? slim chance as well.

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

• johnandjoshjohnandjosh Brisbane
    hi, im new in this site. im 19 years old, i stopped schooling cause I lost financial support, my parents are both weak and are not capable to work anymore, but i should be on my 3rd year now, taking up BS.Medical Technology.. And so I really need to work abroad so I can send myself to college. I have 9 months experience in a call center., Is there anyone who can help me move to Australia and find a job? The thing is, I don't have a relative in Australia. I dont know anything about migrating to Australia and I dont want myself to be in trouble.. I need your help guys.
    @geemontaniel don't be discouraged but I suggest you get more experience and if possible finish your degree in the Philippines. I am not sure if there is a lot of job opportunities here for a call centre agent here in Australia. If you are really serious, try getting a job in line with your degree and included in the SOL (?), so that when you apply as immigrant, even after 2 years, you'll have a good chance. But you can try your luck by applying on www.seek.com.au. Who knows, you might find an employer who may be willing to sponsor you. Good luck!
  • MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    edited September 2012
    You may start by finding your luck in other countries that are easier to get into such as Singapore, Malaysia, or the UAE. You're on the right track, miss. Had I known it is easy to fly and get a working visa in Dubai or Singapore, I would have done it when I was younger and never wasted three years in a call center (no offense). I can't say I didn't learn anything from it though.

So yes, begin building your career (a real career, not 'kahit ano makapasok lang') elsewhere and when the time is right, go for Oz.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    edited October 2012
    @geemontaniel welcome to the forum :) Unfortunately, strict ang Australia sa qualifications --meaning age, education, work experience, english proficiency.

If you want to work abroad solely on what you have right now, Singapore, Saudi or Hong Kong might be a better option. If you really want to go to Australia, my general advice is to gain more work experience and wait for the right time :)
    Thanks so much for clearing things up. But what if try to apply for a tourist visa? Would they allow me to get one? How long is the max days I can stay in Australia? I mean, I really have no idea about the requirements, process and all that..
    Thanks so much for clearing things up. But what if try to apply for a tourist visa? Would they allow me to get one? How long is the max days I can stay in Australia? I mean, I really have no idea about the requirements, process and all that..
    You can try applying for a tourist visa and 3 months ata ang maximum allowable number of days of tourists... But why do you want to be a tourist?

Requirements are in the website: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/

All the best!

Just got curious po.. I really wanna work abroad so I can earn money faster cuz i really wanna finish college. :/
    Do I also need to get a visa pag magwowork sa singapore? Kase what Im gonna do, punta muna sa singapore, find a place to stay tapos dun na lang ako mag-aapply.. pede po kaya yun? :)
    edited October 2012
    @geemontaniel You said it yourself - you don't want to get into trouble. Australian tourist visa holders are prohibited to work.

Re: Singapore. Common procedure is (although not encouraged by DFA and OWWA), enter as a tourist for 30 days then apply for a job within that timeframe. The employer will then apply an e-pass or an s-pass for you. Same procedure applies here in Dubai.

@metaform yup. i really dont wana be in trouble :)) the common procedure in Singapore is kinda intresting. I dont need to get any visa pag visit lang sa Singapore diba po?
    edited October 2012
    @geemontaniel ASEAN countries = 30 days visit allowed. Visa issuance sa airport na nila.

Problem is, yung palabas ng NAIA. Medyo mahabang istorya. You may refer to our Singapore thread para magkaroon ka ng idea.

@geemontaniel ASEAN countries = 30 days visit allowed. Visa issuance sa airport na nila.

Problem is, yung palabas ng NAIA. Medyo mahabang istorya. You may refer to our Singapore thread para magkaroon ka ng idea.
    Add to this; it getting harder and harder to get a job here in Singapore nowadays especially if you don't have a very strong work experience to back you up. And even if you can snag an employer, another challenge na naman ang pag-issue ng EP/SPASS sa iyo ng Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

It is kinda pessimistic but it is the reality here in Singapore right now... I have lots of friends who tried looking for jobs here but more than 2/3 of them went back home without any luck - some managed to get a job but were not issued a permit to work by MOM and most of them simply did not get any response from an employer.

At the end of the day though, it will be your decision... All the best! :)

@geemontaniel haste makes waste, my padawan hehe...I know how you feel but if work and quick money are your priorities, maybe you should try Singapore or Hong Kong.

Australia is definitely not a country you can migrate to all of a sudden. Tingnan mo naman mga paghahandang ginagawa ng mga forumers para lang makakuha ng visa :)
    @geemontaniel same advice here - get more experience. I don't think 9 months in a call centre would be enough to attract employers in Singapore or Hong Kong. Come to think of it, ang mga kalaban mo sa job application will be the locals + other Filipinos + Indians + Chinese, etc. Why not build your experience up in the Philippines first? Most of the people here, yan ang stepping stone before going abroad. You can work in the call centre and at the same time finish your degree. If you work abraod do you think you can still finish your bachelor's degree??
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    Do I also need to get a visa pag magwowork sa singapore? Kase what Im gonna do, punta muna sa singapore, find a place to stay tapos dun na lang ako mag-aapply.. pede po kaya yun? :)

nope employer will apply the visa for you, yes you can try your luck finding a job here in Singapore but you will also need to cash out some money. Mahal ang accommodation sa sg food transportation. etc perhaps you need around at least 30k to 50k pesos to sustain yourself for 1month. but not discouraging you... ill say directly ur chances are slim bec most employers are looking for pr and locals.

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

May agency po ba na yung sa mga Australian na ngssponsor ng studies ng mga kagaya ko? Yung friend ko po pala almost 2yrs na sila sa Australia.. Canberra, ACT to be exact tapos sabe nya may Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies sa University of Canberra. Kaso $21,000.00 anually yung tuition.. Wala po kase ko relatives abroad. Sya lang po kilala ko na pede lapitan kaya mas nagpipilit ako ngayon na sa Australia mkapunta.. Or mga scholarship programs nung mga kind citizens.. Ganun. Help po.. :(
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    May agency po ba na yung sa mga Australian na ngssponsor ng studies ng mga kagaya ko? Yung friend ko po pala almost 2yrs na sila sa Australia.. Canberra, ACT to be exact tapos sabe nya may Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies sa University of Canberra. Kaso $21,000.00 anually yung tuition.. Wala po kase ko relatives abroad. Sya lang po kilala ko na pede lapitan kaya mas nagpipilit ako ngayon na sa Australia mkapunta.. Or mga scholarship programs nung mga kind citizens.. Ganun. Help po.. :(
    Di pa kasama ang everday expenses at yung rent ng accommodation dyan. Minimum na siguro ang AUD25,000 Annually expenses. Canberra isa sa most expensive cities. About sa scholarship at study loan para ito sa PR at citizen.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

@geemontaniel wag masyado malayo ang isip mo. You have a very good chance of getting scholarship or become a working student in the Philippines rather than focusing your mind in Australia or somewhere else. Napakabata mo pa and i am sure you have a bright future. Mag focus ka lang muna sa tingin mo e "possible".

Hindi ko sinasabing imposible na makapunta ka dito sa Australia, pero be realistic. If you have a degree and a very good work experience mas malaki chance mo makapunta dito. Good luck!
  • simplemansimpleman Iligan City
    geemontaniel - my take. Don't take a shortcut planning to go abroad. It takes a good education and work experience to make it. Bata ka pa at wala pang experience so your chance is pretty very slim. Even if you directly apply in SIngapore is also tough. Marami na rin mga pinoy na ng try and they failed. Sayang lang gasto nila. Ok lang kung meron ka backer sa Singapore pede. Sa Australia naman .... mas stricto!
    If you notice, most migrants are in their mid-30s or early 40s (LOL no offense mga ate at kuya). Because moving to Oz is not something that is done on a whim.

If you notice, most migrants are in their mid-30s or early 40s (LOL no offense mga ate at kuya). Because moving to Oz is not something that is done on a whim.
    Plus 1 on this... :)

Pero natawa ako sa statement mo Mr @Metaform! :))

Ayaw ko umabot ng 30s para makapunta ng Australia!!! *sabay biglang pumanig sa threadstarter* hahah :))
    edited October 2012
    35 is the new 20 wag nga kayo dyan!

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    hahah.. i agree...

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I am totally agree, Napansin ko talaga malamang 90% mga nag migrate dito ang edad ay from early 30s to early 40s. Even before yung mga church mate ko na Pinoy matagal na dito nag migrate noong 90s. Kaya bihira dito na single or wala pang bf o gf, karamihan dito committed na o may asawa na at may kids. Kaya yung mga single na Guys bago pumunta dito siguraduhin na may gf sa Pinas bihira makahanap ng late 20s na pinay single dito. Malungkot din sa mga Single na Pinay in 30s bihira dito ang single na Pinoy karamihan may pamilya na :D. Karamihan dito nasa peek ng career marami ng work experience sa pinas at abroad nung nag migrate o nakuha sila ng Australian employer. At yung mga pinanganak na dito yun ang mga anak ng nag migrate. Kaya karamihan ng mga skilled migrant especially sa mga may sponsored ay magagaling talaga o ang dami ng work experience sa profession nila. Kaya mahirap makapunta dito unless kung magaaral ka dito at maipasa mo ang IELTS requirements o kaya maabot mo ang point system required. Dumating ako dito when I was 31 nasa peek ng career ko sa Pinas noon. Malamang after two years nasa peek ang career ko dito naman sa Australia. :D

cheers.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• aldousnowaldousnow Sydney
    I'm one of the few. :)

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)
    Nominated Occupation : Developer Programmer (261312)
    02/28/2011 - ACS Finalized the Case (261312, PIM3, Group A)
    03/07/2011 - IELTS Result Received L- 6.5, R-7.0, W-6.0, S-7.0, Overall Band Score-6.5 (BC)
    03/13/2011 - Lodged Visa Application (Online)
    11/09/2011 - CO Allocation
    12/02/2011 - Medicals Finalised
    12/02/2011 - FINISH LINE!! (Visa Grant)
    03/23/2012 - My first day @Melbourne
    04/14/2012 - Started looking for a .Net Developer job
    06/04/2012 - And finally got one! :)

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    hahah.. i agree...
    i agree rin haha

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

edited October 2012
    Kaya yung mga single na Guys bago pumunta dito siguraduhin na may gf sa Pinas bihira makahanap ng late 20s na pinay single dito.

cheers.
    Maganda atang lahi ang Fil-Aussie hahaha...Hirap din ng LDR e :)
    I am happy when I am successful, love can wait :)