Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

S S V F Student Visa Application (Step by Step)

erikathyerikathy BrisbanePosts: 25Member
edited March 2017 in Study and Training Visa
I created this thread to give an update on the student visa application online.

1. Before anything else, read the Australian Embassy website regarding Student Visa to get familiar with the terms and requirements.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-

2. Decide on what course to take in Australia. Preferably, it should be related to your course and career/profession para hindi magkaproblema sa Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) criterion. If you wish to take a new course not related from your previous one or your career, be sure to have a valid and acceptable reason stated in your Statement of Purpose. If you’re planning to get a PR after your studies, consider the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) and Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) to help you choose what course to take.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

3. Research on what State you wish to study. There are available websites that suggests best locations for international students. Consider the weather, living expenses, accommodation, job opportunities, etc.

4. After you finalize your course and location, search Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). It is the official Australian Government website that lists all Australian education providers that offer courses to people studying in Australia on student visas and the courses offered.
Nakaindicate na dito ang specific location ng school & course fee. If you click on the website of the school, may mga specific requirements na rin like English Language Test ie. IELTS, PTE or TOEFL, among others to be submitted to the school for application.

http://cricos.education.gov.au/

5. Take the English Language Test. You can choose from IELTS, PTE or TOEFL. Be sure that you get the mark required by the school. Usually, universities require 6.5 – 7.0 band score in IELTS for Master’s / Bachelor’s Degree, Vocational Education & Training 5.5 - 6.0.

6. Gather documents and prepare the following for your visa application while waiting for your English Test Result. (Please have it Certified True Copy)
A. Pesonal documents/ IDs: Passport, Government IDs, Company ID, NSO Birth Certificate, NSO Marriage Certificate, Curriculum Vitae, NBI, Statement of Purpose
B. Academic documents: Transcript of Records- College/Masters(if applicable), Diploma
C. Employment docs: Certificate of Employment and other Service Records (please include previous employment, dapat walang gaps from the time na natapos college mo. Magiging GTE issue kasi yan. If you were unemployed for a longer period indicate the reason on your Statement of Purpose). Provide other employment documents na meron kayo like Certificates. Mas marami mas ok to prove that you are really employed in that company.
D. Spouse’s documents/IDs: NSO Birth Certificate, NSO Marriage Certificate, Certificate of Employment, NBI, Statement of Purpose(why he/she will accompany you in Australia)
E. Sponsor’s Docs/ID’s: Government IDs, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Affidavit of Relationship, Affidavit of Support, Bank Certification, Bank Statement
if engage in business- Business Permit, ITR 2-3 years, Financial Statement, Business Name Registration
if employed- Certificate of Employment, ITR 2-3 years
(Anyone can sponsor kahit hindi related by blood. There are specific statements that should be mentioned in the Affidavit of Support)

7. After getting your English Test Results, submit the required documents to the school and wait for the Letter of Offer. Usually they will reply after a week or more depending on the school. You can send multiple applications to different schools para macompare niyo ang fees, length of classes and other considerations. If ok na kayo, inform the school and sign written agreement. You will be required to pay the course fee before they will give you the Confirmation of Enrollment which is necessary for your visa application. Universities usually require a one semester full tuition fee while non-universities allow installment basis. Also, you will be required to get a health insurance. Other schools offer to arrange your health insurance so pwde na rin sa kanila na lang magbayad.

8. After you complete the requirements, pwede na kayo mag-apply online. First you need to create an Immi Account. I suggest you should have a specific email address intended for your visa application only.
https://www.border.gov.au/immiaccount

9. If you already have your ImmiAccount, carefully fill up all the information details. Double check lahat before you click submit. There are also specific instructions in attaching documents.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Atta

10. You will be required for a medical examination by the Case Officer. You can also have your medicals done prior to lodging your visa. Lodge your My Health Declarations form online.

Specific instructions to have health examination:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examination

My Health Declarations:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations/my-health-declarations#

Locations for health examination in the Philippines:
https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/philippines

11. If na attached na lahat yung files sa Immiaccount, click submit and pay the visa fee. Be sure to click the email address as the correspondence. It means they will contact you thru email if they have additional requirements. Also thru email din isesend nila ang visa decision. Wait for one month before you ask for a follow-up on your visa application.

12. Pray and wait for the visa grant!!

BUT!! don’t lose hope if the visa decision is unfavorable. Marami dito took a leap of faith after a visa refusal. Just comply whatever the reason for the denial and ask for God’s wisdom.

13. Visa granted! =)

Comments

• AdminAdmin Singapore
    nice will add this into our FAQ for Student Visa. Many Thank @erikathy

2010-06 : Lurker at philippines.com.au (previously the #1 Pinoy Australian Forum)
    2010-06 : Started researching on Visa 175 - Target 120pts
    2011-08 : Started prev employer document gathering for ACS skill assessment (0/4)
    2010-12 : Philippines.com.au went offline and created www.pinoyau.info
    2011-03 : 1st child born - AU dream halted
    2014-03 : ACS document - 1/5 emp ref completed
    2015-01: Promoted at work - AU dream halted
    2015-11: ACS document - 1/6 emp ref completed
    2016-09: 2nd child born - AU dream halted
    2018-09: ACS document - 6/8 emp ref completed
    2018-09: Revised all employment references and affidavit from scratch
    2019-03: Completed Revised 8/8 emp ref
    2019-03: PTE Exam - L59,R75,S62,W64 (no preparation)
    2019-07: Favorable Skills Assessment result for Software Eng
    2019-11: PTE Exam - L70,R68,S79,W68 (competent only)
    2020-02: PTE Exam - L79,R79,S86,W76 (grr lack 3pts on Writing)
    2020-03: PTE Exam - L85,R75,S87,W86 (Mar 4 - grr nag increase L, S and W but bumaba 4pts si R!!!!!)
    2020-03 PTE Exam - L81 R79 S90 W81 (Mar 9 - Salamat Lord!!!!)

• erikathyerikathy Brisbane
    @Admin you're welcome..
  • charmzkcharmzk UAE
    Hello po. Ask ko lang po yong sa SOP naka notaryo po ba dapat?
    And required po ba don sa transcript of record and diploma bagong authenticated po ba dapat? Ang meron po kasi ako yong pina authenticate ko last 2010 pa po. Pwede na po kaya yon?
  • kimberlykimberly manila
    hi @erikathy ask ko lang kung may format po ba kayo ng Affidavit of Support and Affidavit of Relationship for the sponsor? Pwede po kaya ako makahingi? Salamat po!
    @charmzk my SOP was not notarized. Affidavit of Support and Relationship lang. Pwde na siguro yung authenticated TOR mo kahit 2010 pa.. Hindi namn nakaindicate sa requirements nila na kelangan bagong authenticated TOR basta naka Certified True Copy lang. I think sila din mismo will do a verification sa school kung in doubt sila.
    @kimberly pm sent..
  • aranayadaranayad Queensland
    Hi Ms. @erikathy ako din po pwede makahingi ng format ng affidavit of support and ng relationship. TIA

Subclass 500 Bachelor of Accounting/ CQUniversity-Rockhampton/ March 2019 intake

July 18, 2018 - Received Letter Offer from CQU (Unconditional Offer-No IELTS)
    September 15, 2018 -Took IELTS-Academic (IDP)
    September 28, 2018 - Results day OBS: 7 L:8 R:7.5 W:6 S:6
    October 11, 2018 - Received Full Offer from CQU
    October 12, 2018 - Paid OSHC worth AUD$ 1,720
    October 15, 2018 - Paid Tuition to Flywire
    October 17, 2018 - Confirmed CQU received payment
    October 18, 2018 - Medical at St. Lukes-Ermita
    October 22, 2018 - Received email form CQU for additional docs
    Waiting for COE
    October 24, 2018 - Received Confirmation of Enrollment
    October 25, 2018 - Lodged visa
    October 26, 2018 - Grant

Thank you Lord!

• charmzkcharmzk UAE
    @erikathy Thank you po! :)

How about yong sa SOP minimum of 1000 words po ba? And yong sa application form po kasi Question Number 33. Provide a brief statement setting out your reasons for undertaking your intended course(s). The statement should include the ff:
    •Your reasons for choosing to undertake the course of study specified in your application.
    •Your reasons for choosing your education provider.
    •Your reasons for choosing to study in Australia rather than your home country.
    •The relevance of your course of studies to your academic/employment background.
    •The relevance of the course to your future career/education plans.
    SOP na po ba yang hinihingi niya?
    Meron po kasi uli sa Question 28&49 provide exceptional reason why you should be granted a student visa.

Kaya nalilito po ako if kailangan parang 2 SOP need gawin?

Pasensiya na po dami tanong DIY lang po kasi sa pag apply.
    Salamat po ng marami :)
    @charmzk sa Immiaccount na po kayo magfill up sa application nyo.. hindi na po yung dating form na 157A.. online application na kasi ngayon eh.. open an Immiaccount then provide the details na hinihingi nila..
    https://www.border.gov.au/immiaccount
    @charmzk mas madali na pong fillupan application form nila ngayon kesa sa dati.. hindi na masyadong maraming details. try mo..
  • MaryJWMaryJW Sydney
    hello po sa mga nakapag-try na,mas may chance po ba maapprove kung hindi school colleges magaaral like tafe?kung bachelor ang kukunin?
  • aiayosefaiayosef Sydney
    @MaryJW bachelor po course ko sa TAFE. Naapprove nmn po agad. Madami po pinoy sa campus nmin.
    @erikathy hello po ask ko po sna pano magfollow up? Tatawag po ba sa knila or email? Actually sa dependent ko po subsequent visa. Isang buwan npo kasi wla pa email ang immi. Salamat po!
    @aiayosef nag-email lang po ako at [email protected]
    @erikathy accommodating b cla hindi maiirita kasi iniistorbo cla. Worried lang ako feb 17 ko pa nilodge visa asawa ko na subsequent 500. Gnun b tlga ktgal maghintay? Or need ko n tlga ifollow up?
  • fridyfridy Manila
    @aiayosef hello, saang tafe ka study and anung course? Thanks
    @fridy tafe randwick. Bachelor in Early childhood education and care. Ikaw?
  • charmzkcharmzk UAE
    Hell po Ms. @erikathy Ask ko lang po if pwede po makahingi ng format po ng affidavit of support?
    Salamat po ng marami. :)
  • frappzfrappz MANILA
    question po.. may phone interview pa po ba ginagawa ang co or binebased na lang talaga sa GTE?
  • air20gair20g qc
    hello... newbie here... just wanna ask kung yung Evidence of GTE is SOP lang ang i-upload? applying for Student Visa 500 with dependent today.. thank you..
  • frappzfrappz MANILA
    hello po pwede po ba makahingi ng sample ng sop or gte or intent letter niyo po?
  • greenapplegreenapple nsw
    Good day ! Ask ko lang po if mabilis lang ba kapag independent process ng student visa online or advantage din seek help through agency? Thanku po sa sasagot :)

Matthew 7:7
    Ask and you will receive, search and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you.

Psalm 23
    The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Eventhough I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

• gyyggyyg Philippines
    @greenapple hi! marami rin naman nag dDIY ng application pero if you're not familiar sa lahat ng pasikot sikot, better to seek help from an agency. Para mas sure and wala ka ma-miss na isubmit sa immigration. :)
  • greenapplegreenapple nsw
    @gyyg thankyou:)

Matthew 7:7
    Ask and you will receive, search and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you.

Psalm 23
    The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Eventhough I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

• mcg143mcg143 Philippines
    Hello guys, I have been working as a freelance online assistant for 7 years for different countries like US and AU - Sa GTE - mahirap ba ito ijustify that I will use my degree back in the Philippines? Is this a complicated situation that I need to get a consultant for this? What do you think?
  • agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    @mcg143 nope if you satisfy them that the degree you will be taking will increase the chances of making your career more progressive other than being a freelancer of course. if you make good points on how this degree will contribute on your future career and how this will help you integrate in companies or opportunities back there, you can pass your GTE. On the other note, is your Philippine degree and the course you are going to take in AU is related?

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!

@agentKams Yes, both degree and experience are related. Nice. Thanks for opening my mind!
  • lolaylolay Mandaluyong
    Alin po ang mas mabilis na process, dito Pinas mag apply ng student visa or mag tourist then pa convert na lang ng student visa pagdating sa AU? Salamat sa sasagot...
    @lolay wala ata difference yun eh kc pinas pa rin ang magpprocess
    Hi guys, im quite confused, are there selected schools included in SSVF? Thanks.