Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Newly grad nurse in Melbourne

BriarBriar VictoriaPosts: 2Member
Hello there,

I am an international student from the Philippines and I just finished a nursing degree in Melbourne just this month. I could not be registered in AHPRA for now because I did not get a good score in the Speaking part of the PTE which I took last 20th of March. I would like to ask if you know any employers in Melbourne that would hire newly grad nurses who are not yet registered. I am talking about positions like assistant in nursing, patient/personal care assistant, etc... that do not require any certificate. Here in Melbourne, employers need certificate III or IV in Aged Care although they know that I am a nursing graduate. If you can point me an employer and some tips on how to land a healthcare position in Melbourne, that would be a great help. My email is [email protected]

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Comments

• kymmekymme Western Australia
    try OET with your english test kasi madali lang yung exam although twice ang price but mataas talaga chance mkpasa. sayang kasi yung bachelor mo.

Registered Nurse Nec

06/15 - touchdown Oz
    07/15 - start of classes (Bachelor in Nursing)
    05/16 - passed OET (after 4 failed attempts with IELTS and PTE)
    07/16 - finished uni
    07/16 - received AHPRA Australian Registered Nurse rego
    08/16 - student visa 500 (Diploma)
    10/16 - started working as an RN

07/09/17 - Submitted EOI for State Nom Vic with 60points

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

• BriarBriar Victoria
    For sure I am going to retake my PTE as I only need a good score in Speaking to pass. Right now my priority is landing a job in healthcare.
  • kymmekymme Western Australia
    @Briar ok po

Registered Nurse Nec

06/15 - touchdown Oz
    07/15 - start of classes (Bachelor in Nursing)
    05/16 - passed OET (after 4 failed attempts with IELTS and PTE)
    07/16 - finished uni
    07/16 - received AHPRA Australian Registered Nurse rego
    08/16 - student visa 500 (Diploma)
    10/16 - started working as an RN

07/09/17 - Submitted EOI for State Nom Vic with 60points

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

• jhemjhem Posts: 1Member
    Hi, i am planning to study next yr in melbourne with a nursing degree how was it po?i have no background in medical field and im worried na baka mag i-struggle ako. Is it ok to take EN first as prep then proceed to take the degree after?anong school po kau?thanks much