Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Securing Police Certificate From Australia While In The Philippines

DNA041516DNA041516 AucklandPosts: 5Member
Good day to all!!! I have quite a different situation and I searched the entire forum and couldnt find the answer I need hence Im posting my question.

I just received my ITA for New Zealand and one of the requirements is to secure Police Certificates from the countries youve stayed in for more than a year. Securing one from NBI should be easy since Im here in the Philippines. I spent around 19 months in Australia so I need to secure a police certificate from there as well.

Has anyone requested for a police certificate from Australia while youre in the Philippines and could you share your experience with regards to the requirements, procedures, and timelines from when you requested for it until the time you received the actual police certificate? Anyone familiar with the requirements and procedures and could you provide your expertise on this as well?

Hoping for a swift response from the community!

Thanks in advance and God bless!

Comments

• Xiaomau82Xiaomau82 Singapore
  • DNA041516DNA041516 Auckland
    @Xiaomau82 thank you so much for your response.

I also received a response from Australian Federal Police. Allow me to share it with everyone for future reference:

"You can now apply online at www.afp.gov.au. You should follow the Popular Links on the menu at the right hand side of the page and select National Police Checks.

Alternatively I have attached the application form for you to print and complete. When you have completed the application form, it should be posted to:

Australian Federal Police
    Criminal Records
    Locked Bag 8550
    CANBERRA CITY ACT 2601

Payment may be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express). Details may be entered at Section 7 on the application form. Alternatively you may send a bank cheque or Money Order (please note that personal or company cheques are NOT accepted).

Costs for a National Police Check are:
    -$42.00 for each National Police Check application (name check only)
    -$99.00 for each National Police Check application (fingerprint and name check) (fingerprints supplied to the AFP with application)

Please note for all Name and Fingerprint checks fingerprints must be submitted with your application form via postal service.

100 points of identification must also be included with your application.

If you require a full name and fingerprint check you will need to obtain fingerprints from your local police station.

The current processing time for a routine National Police Check is approximately 15-25 working days from the date received by Criminal Records. Please be aware that processing times for National Police Checks may vary as the AFP is reliant on other police jurisdictions for some information.

We also recommend that you allow sufficient time for processing and return by postal services before making enquiries regarding your application."

My next question would be, what's the process / requirements / procedure in securing fingerprint specimen from either NBI / PNP? If anyone has any experience on this I hope you can share it with the community...

Thanks everyone and hope this information helps.