Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

489 visa to 887

rdr8rdr8 MelbournePosts: 83Member
Hi everyone! Meron po ba rito na mag aapply or recemtly applied 887 visa from 489? Thanks

Comments

• islamanislaman Posts: 160Member
    Present! Applied 9 March from 489 to 887. Wala pa ding sagot.
  • rdr8rdr8 Melbourne
    @islaman baka malapit na yan. Nabasa ko yung iba parang 3-4 mos may allocated CO na. Hoping for the best sa atin para PR na. June 1 lang ako nag lodge. :)
  • kisses1417kisses1417 Davao City
    Nung nag big move po kayo with visa 489, nag PDOS ba kayo? May kailngan po ba na ipakita sa airport or immigration officer aside from passport, ticket and visa grant?

Also, ano po insurance na kinuha nyo? Thank you @rdr8 @islaman

Kamusta po ang job hunting with visa 489? Mas mahirap po ba vs PR holders?
    Our Big Move will be this October na. Planning planning na po kami.

• Au_VicAu_Vic Melbourne, Victoria
    @kisses1417 what is PDOS? If I am not mistaken, most airlines in Manila will check if you have a valid visa

There are heaps of insurance providers here but not sure which one offers good cover and reasonable price for 489 visa holders. Work wise, as long as you are allowed to work in a certain area as per your visa it does not matter if its 489 or 190.

Heads-up! It is not easy to find a job in oz especially for new migrants as most companies prefer some local experience but be open-minded and dont be picky. What you should aim for is to be given an opportunity to work locally. Which state you're planning to go to?

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

• rdr8rdr8 Melbourne
    @kisses1417 hi! No need na for PDOS, hindi ako nag PDOS before. For PR lang ata yun. With regards to private insurance naman, Bupa yung kinuha ko kasi yun din naman insurance ko before nung visitor visa pa lang ako before. Marami private insurance naman para pagpilian mo. Depende rin sa needs mo. Basic lang kinuha ko kasi di naman ako sakitin
  • rdr8rdr8 Melbourne
    edited June 2017
    @kisses1417 sa work naman tama advice ni au_vic, be open minded and wag picky lalo sa umpisa. As for me, mejo matagal din bago ako nakakuha ng work. Pero be positive lang and patient. San state kayo magsettle?
    We will be settling in Adelaide , SA @Au_Vic and @rdr8 . Though advise ng sis ko and friends to try muna sa regional NSW yung nakakagay na pwede postcode under visa 489. Kaso parang gusto ko din try sa adelaide kasi yun naman nagsponsor sakin, SA. Ano po sa tingin nyo?

Yes nilagay ko na po sa isip namin mag asawa na mahihirapan kami at sobrang di kami mapili dapat sa trabaho. We need to survive. Ika nga ng mga indians din na kausap ko, survival jobs talaga.

San po kayo based?

So kapag basic cover ng insurance pwede na ako pacheck up sa kanila ng free gaya ng mga Maxicare po dito?

Cge po actually I called CFO and nag email din ako to inquire about PDOS, di nga daw po kailangan :)

Pagdating po ba Australia, may kailngan pi ako iemail o iinform na nag BIG Move na ako?
    @kisses1417 just to confirm. your 489 was state sponsored by South Australia right? If yes, you have a moral obligation to stay in SA for at least 2 years as part of the state sponsorship.

I would suggest for you to be on the safe side and fulfill that 2 year obligation to prevent any issues when you apply for PR just in case immigration will do random checks if you have fulfilled your obligations.

By the way i am based in Melbourne.

I think for state sponsorship you need to register at adelaide state migration office once you arrived.

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

alright , thank you po @Au_Vic ☺️ Yes ganun na nga lang po di na ako magpapa bago ng isip, Adelaide na po talaga. Thank you :)
  • coachella9coachella9 Quezon City
    @kisses1417 i got my ITA for Adelaide also. Yan din worries ko, pero hinde rin ako magiging choosy sa job if ever, need to get that PR

“Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.” ― Padre Pio

Yes yes @coachella9 what is your occupation? 2 months to go na oang big move na kami. Kakaexcite na nakakatakot.

In applying for 887 ba, need pa din ng IELTS? Or the ones that i submitted to dibp for 489 would b3 enough kahit expired?
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Yes yes @coachella9 what is your occupation? 2 months to go na oang big move na kami. Kakaexcite na nakakatakot.

In applying for 887 ba, need pa din ng IELTS? Or the ones that i submitted to dibp for 489 would b3 enough kahit expired?

No need to attach english test for primary applicants...for dependents, you can attached a proof of functional english same as the one you used when applying for 489 visa
    @kisses1417 ka kareceive palang ng ITA for 498, Adelaide. Kinakabahan din na excited

“Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.” ― Padre Pio

Goodluck satin :) @coachella9

Thanks for the info @fgs

@kisses1417 occupation ko pala is System Analyst. Ikaw po?

• tolitskiitolitskii Victoria, Australia
    hello po, bago lang s pinoy au forum. pano ba magfollow ng thread dito? kc me and my partner, now husband na (nagpkasal kme s au recently) is on visa 489. gusto ko uodated ako s thread na to hehe.. thank you po.
    @fgs
    null
    question po, nung application for visa 489 kme, c husband ung primary applicant. pwede ba n s application ng visa 887 is ako nman applicant? kc after a month, may work n agad ako na fulltime perm. need pb nmen mag ielts? ako or my hubby? thanks in advance :)
    question po, nung application for visa 489 kme, c husband ung primary applicant. pwede ba n s application ng visa 887 is ako nman applicant? kc after a month ng arrival nmen s vic, may work n agad ako na fulltime perm. need pb nmen mag ielts? ako or my hubby? thanks in advance @Au_Vic
    @tolitskii as per immigration for visa 887,

A. eligibility:

You must currently hold either:
    a skilled visa
    a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.
    You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

Note: Dependents and partners who hold a skilled visa and meet all other eligibility criteria can apply for this subclass 887 visa as the main applicant.

skilled visas are...

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
    Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495)
    Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 496)
    Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487).

meaning, you can be the main applicant provided you have met all the criteria as main applicant

B. English

"Evidence of Functional English for each dependent applicant who is 18 years or older at the time this application is lodged. Evidence of Functional English can be provided up until the time the application is decided."

main applicant and partner does not need to provide evidence of english test except any dependent included in the application 18 yo and above.

Please note that main applicant, partner and each dependent included in the 887 must provide an evidence of meeting the 2yr residency requirement.

below is the link from dibp website about 887 and other requirements....

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-

my advice, ensure that you, your partner and dependents meet all the requirements prior to lodging the visa application.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @Au_Vic
    Di yata tama itong statement na to. Yong main applicant lang dapat magcomply don sa 2 years residency unless nabago na. Nong nag apply kami, one of my dependent is only 1 year here in Au.

Please note that main applicant, partner and each dependent included in the 887 must provide an evidence of meeting the 2yr residency requirement.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @Au_Vic and for everybody...for your reference...sagot ito ng Manager ng Business Support GSM regarding my query noon about my dependent nephews..Dependent Spouse can be the main applicant in 887 application while dependent children/relatives cannot.

I am writing with reference to your questions regarding making an application for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa. As the subclass 887 visa is a General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa your enquiry was referred to this area for a response.

As you may be aware information about the subclass 887 visa is published on the department’s website
    See: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/887.aspx

With respect to your specific questions about applying for a subclass 887 visa and including your nephews in your application I can advise as follows

1. You are the only person who can be the main applicant for a subclass 887 visa and only you need to satisfy the requirement of 2 years residence and 12 months of full time work
    2. There is no minimum residency requirement that your nephews must satisfy before you can include them in your application
    3. Each person included in your application must have complied with the condition 8539 while in Australia
    4. You can include your nephews in your application even if they are no longer financially dependent on you
    5. If you want to include your nephews in your application you must do this at the time you lodge your application as they cannot be added after the application is lodged
    6. Your nephews cannot become eligible to apply for a subclass 887 visa in their own right given they hold a subclass 489 visa that was granted to them as your dependents i.e. while holding their current visas they can only apply if included in your application.
    @fgs @Au_Vic salamat po sa pagsagot. nanonotify nman pla ako kht hndi direct mention un name ko. basta me magcomment s thread. ayos! so magtiis muna tlaga kme s regional. andito po kame s kyabram, vic. thanks ulit! :)
    @fgs

hi, kindly check the dibp website and the link i have provided above. in the "gather section" tab, they have specifically identified documents required for each member included in the application (e.g. main, spouse/partner, dependent over 18 and dependent under 18).

dibp website is the gold source of truth as the information they have there is linked to the immigration law in australia? but if they are processing visa applications in a different manner to what they have published in their website then I need to call their attention coz its misleading to the public.

also note that they may have changed the rules since you applied for your 887.

let me know your thoughts so I could reach out to dibp.

cheers!

edited September 2017
    @fgs here is the link to dibp website specific section subclass 887

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887- tab "follow these steps"

When did you apply for your 887?
    cutsiechick21

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @Au_Vic ganon ba...2016 lang ako nag-apply February
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @Au_Vic yong main applicant yata ang tinutuloy don sa 2 years live in regional area...subsequent entrant yong isa kong dependent, so more than a year lang sya dito when we applied
    @fgs hi, recently lang inupdate ung requirements. it only shows na mejo nagiging strict na din sila for 887.

nka-identify kc ung specific documents/requirement na needed per type of applicant main, partner or dependent above or below 18.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @Au_Vic Nakita ko nga na dapat lived in regional area for two years...better ask DIBP na lang sa mga applicants na may dependents especially sa may mga subsequent entrant. Ibig ba sabihin nito kung may subsequent entrant dapat antayin muna sya na maka 2 years before the whole family can apply? Kasi ang dependent have no right to apply for 887. Dapat kasama sya don sa main applicant ng 489.
    @fgs yep, applicants can always ask dibp. I think based dun sa information sa immi, lahat ng member ng 887 application dapat na-meet yung 2 yr residency requirement. most likely yan ung malaking change from previous ruling.

may note kc dun sa eligibility section from immi website na "dependents and partners who hold a skilled visa and meet all other eligibility criteria can apply for subclass 887 as main applicant"

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-#tab-content-0

You must currently hold either:
    a skilled visa
    b. Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.
    You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

Note: Dependents and partners who hold a skilled visa and meet all other eligibility criteria can apply for this subclass 887 visa as the main applicant.

• spywarespyware Singapore
    Hi @Au_Vic , with this recent policy change, naalala ko tuloy ung advice sakin ni @fgs na dapat samahan namin ng mga bata c hubby sa OZ sa lungkot at ligaya :)
    Was thinking kc kung pede sumunod nalang after a year para hindi syadong malaking adjustment for the whole family.
    Thank you @Au_Vic for the info/update.