Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(29401)

• Tenere660
  • NanaJulien
  • arkitekmai
  • Kari
  • mcril22
  • kisseygee
  • alfreddrivera
  • jerome74
  • purple_isle
  • asela
  • ge311
  • JrrIrang
  • bhetelgeuse
  • joshviana11
  • james.anne05
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (54)

abigeltrihadamwarlockalexisronanamedinaamifatangelairaaranayadBbB1226bryfernandezceasarkhoconDalebadguydeaddiscodee0829drew12EuloezlhjrysbqFarseergibo43GraffgurananaHeprexIsyutjijollyjmban33joy.gomez08jzposkaaateKaelankaidenMVHkh@L3Lkrishope21kriskringleleeloulizzie86ljovellanosmarann99mdnellemoskiomuyenNanaJuliennutribunpangky_townphoenix325ray1188riseendreevrj09sethcabrera786silverliningvalkervcab101WAHMwilliamsonszballesteros

Top Posters
All time

Advertisement:

Check out the new 2017-2018 Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL) and Short‑term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) - formerly known as SOL and CSOL here

ielts remarking

wahidkarlowahidkarlo nzTotal Reaction Points: 2Member
hi everyone,

i took the ielts test last may 6, 2017 and results came after 13days. i felt shattered at that time as my writing score did not meet with my expectation. is there any success stories of re-evaluation here? i just need another .5 to make it 7 so that i can apply for bridging program for nursing.
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• roschrosch philippinesTotal Reaction Points: 19Member
    @wahidkarlo push mo yan. go go go. mgparemark ka. i had my ielts reevaluated and got an increase in score.
    233411 Electronics Engineer

20 AUG 2016 - IELTS-General Exam (L8/R8/W7/S7)
    19 JAN 2017 - Submitted EA Assessment (Fast track)
    27 FEB 2017 - EA Positive Outcome
    27 FEB 2017 - EOI 189 (65pts)
    28 FEB 2017 - ITA Received 189
    30 MAR 2017 - VISA Lodged
    3 APR 2017 - Medicals at Nationwide Cebu
    10 APR 2017 - Medicals cleared (me, spouse and child); Uploaded all Docs
    11 APR 2017 - Direct Grant! Thank you Lord!
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FJANFJAN PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    does remarking free?
    @FJAN there is a remarking fee. You have to email IDP or BC how much is the fee. It changes from time to time because it is dependent on the exchange rate.

• Au_VicAu_Vic Melbourne, VictoriaTotal Reaction Points: 77Member
    ask for a re-mark. Did you get 7 in your writing score in the past and the last exam you took you were short by .5? If yes, definitely ask for a re-mark. Have you tried PTE?
    I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!
  • auzzieboundauzziebound MandaluyongTotal Reaction Points: 2Member
    how does remarking work? have the same situation...I got 6.5 everything else is 8 will they accept?
  • dominiqueg708dominiqueg708 ManilaTotal Reaction Points: 2Member
    @auzziebound you can apply for a remark within 6 weeks after your test date. The fee is 4500(pesos) if I'm not mistaken. Your money is refunded if your scores increase. The waiting time is long though. Its around 6-8 weeks. Its quicker to re-take the test however, it comes out more expensive. :/
  • Au_VicAu_Vic Melbourne, VictoriaTotal Reaction Points: 77Member
    @auzziebound I reckon if its either writing or speaking, might be good to ask for a re-mark coz those two modules were checked/assessed by human and very objective but it depends if you are willing to wait and/or pay the remarking fees
    I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!
  • auzzieboundauzziebound MandaluyongTotal Reaction Points: 2Member
    what if its already past 6 months? can i still have it remarked?
  • wahidkarlowahidkarlo nzTotal Reaction Points: 2Member
    @auzziebound re-evaluation only works within 6weeks after the results came.
    @Au_Vic i agree with you... usually reading and listening are checked objectively...
    @rosch sa writing ka din ba nagpare-evaluate? grabe ang stress ko dala nitong 6.5 ko... ilang weeks before dumating ang result mo ng eor?
    @dominiqueg708 bro, nagparemark ka din dati?
    @wahidkarlo I didn't want to wait for 6-8 weeks since I want to leave sooner. I took the IELTS again. I should have though! .5 lang kulang ko sa writing.
    did you get your required scores after retaking the exam bro? ako parang susuko na sa kakahintay... to think there is no transparency in thier procedure...
    @wahidkarlo I took it 3x. :/
    @dominiqueg708 congrats pa rin bro... atleast secured ka na ngayon...
    @wahidkarlo you can do it!! ☺️
    hopefully bro... still praying for it... God is on my side...
    @wahidkarlo hindi lang weeks. months talaga. took the exam august 2016, got the remarking results december 2016.

@dominiqueg708 @auzziebound the remarking fees varies. sometimes it's 4k+ sometimes 3k+. so better email first the testing body before securing a manager's check.

@rosch hala!! ang hirap nitong tambay... dito ako NZ kaso di ako makatrabaho dahil dito sa ielts na to...