Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Path to being an RN in Oz?

SylenceSylence Cardiff, NSWPosts: 4Member
Hi guys, i just have quick inquiry regarding the steps /process in becoming an RN in Australia. I've read a couple online but im not quite sure on how to approach it.

Here's my situation: I'm already a permanent resident and a nurse back in the Philippines.

Thank you in advance. Godspeed!

Comments

• chard1968chard1968 Perth
    My wife was a Nurse back in the Philippines and is now a registered nurse here.
    You need to secure an AHPRA eligibility letter (you will be declined registration and will be advised to take a bridging course (if you have an experience) or a bachelor degree).
    Have a look on this application form here:
    http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD11/5938&dbid=AP&chksum=Vu5B6IVSxjQ2tDhZpamU2Q==

You need to have a valid english test (she took OET and had B in all tests). She then asked her mom to get some documents (not sure what) in PRC, transcript from her school and have them sent to AHPRA. That's it. After finishing your course you will need to re-apply for registration with AHPRA.
  • SylenceSylence Cardiff, NSW
    @chard1968 thanks mate. so even if im PR i need to take the english test?
  • chard1968chard1968 Perth
    Yes, you're still considered as an Internationally Qualified Nurse. If you've downloaded the AGOS-40 form it specifically states that "All applicantd must demonstrate English language competency via one of the following pathways:". Madaming options dito like kung nasa recognized country kaba that speaks english, nagaral kaba dito sa Australia or any country na recognized or nagtake kaba ng English test. Have a look I think it's on page 8 of that form.
    Cheers